All Things Sports Media Thread!!

Not today though and it looks like its by choice :lol:

I can see this ending badly.

I don’t know about end badly. There might be some noise around it but I don’t think it’ll get to the point where he leaves ESPN or anything like that.

It’s crazy how much people need to make it known that they hate jemele or other people that want to make a stand against something. I’ll look at the ig of someone who works at espn and they’ll post a pic with jemele and the comments will have racist white duded saying how much they hate her and saying she’s a racist which makes no sense. Same if the post a pic with megan rapinoe, saying stuff like she hates the flag and send her to iraq.

It’s crazy how much people need to make it known that they hate jemele or other people that want to make a stand against something. I’ll look at the ig of someone who works at espn and they’ll post a pic with jemele and the comments will have racist white duded saying how much they hate her and saying she’s a racist which makes no sense. Same if the post a pic with megan rapinoe, saying stuff like she hates the flag and send her to iraq.

All those people are the reason why Trump is our president

All those people are the reason why Trump is our president

It’s scary to think he has a chance to get elected again. I think about the people who didn’t vote last election because they didn’t like the democratic candidate. They should look at how garbage our country is now and hopefully vote next year even if the only reason is to keep that racist trash out of office.

Every Ringer article picture ever needs to have that pastel finish or my god what would we ever do!

The ringer is more white than I realized, also everything they cover is really is white or from a white perspective, they don't have a single black person that covers the NBA or the NFL.

They have Micah Peters (music), Victor Luckerson (tech), beyond that for diversity Chang (food), Concepcion, Chau (NBA), I know I’m for sure short-changing them, but ah didn’t know they didn’t have anyone that is black doing NBA coverage, idk maybe you’re right. Dunno everyone who even works for them.

Eh, long been known the Ringer Staff epitomized young/white/liberal America

They had rembert brown and Wesley Morris at grantland, but those guys got scooped up in that whole mess

But they got 2 main guys who are not white that I listen to, Shea serrano and Jason concepcion

And Mina kimes was heavy with them for that one hbo show

O they also got Larry wilmore, I think.. but I stopped listening to his pod

Was reading about Howard Cosell stepping away from the NFL because it was rigged/fixed, and it took me to this interview.

I listen to about two-thirds of it and it was a pretty weak interview to me. He doesn't really provide any proof, he primarily just says that the conditions the right for manipulation by sports leagues.

He also goes on a weird tangent about revenue sharing being a reason why owners wouldn't care about winning which is just bizarre. Most of these owners are billionaires, and their own sports teams has trophy pieces, winning is very important to them.

I didn't know what to expect but I was hoping for a smoking gun, something like "the offensive tackle from X team took a bribe and played like crap intentionally or "this ref on this specific play didn't make a call because he was being blackmailed".

Call me gullible, I just find it hard to believe that athletes are putting their careers on the line for mafia money or because the commissioner tells them so. I think it would be extremely obvious If this were happening. Also, a lot of the outcomes we've had over the last couple of years wouldn't have happened if the commissioners were manipulating the leagues.

I am open minded, but as I mentioned before, there just has to be TOO many people to be IN ON IT for stuff to go as "planned."

I do believe refs can be told what to do though, but refs can make shots and/or get stops on the defensive end.

I am open minded, but as I mentioned before, there just has to be TOO many people to be IN ON IT for stuff to go as "planned."

I do believe refs can be told what to do though, but refs can make shots and/or get stops on the defensive end.

I will admit though did I think sports like Boxing, MMA and Horse racing are easier to fix then sports leagues with more oversight and more moving partd like the NBA, NFL, MLB

Yea, combat sports I wouldn't be surprised about them being fixed at all. Like the interviewer said, or I might have read it elsewhere, UFC is essentially starting out the same way Boxing did in the early days.

Back
Top Bottom