All Things Sports Media Thread!!

In for the entertainment but personally I'm so sick of this McAfee guy everywhere, every day, every hour. Even Wrestlemania isn't immune to my man.

He now wants to play the us vs. the world card which is fine, but this entire machine has been a great partner keeping a shirtless punter relevant.

Pat's been watching Katt Williams and QAaron to much this week :lol:

He's got ESPN by the balls though after the money they gave him and all the cuts they had to make around that so it'll be interesting to see how they handle him calling dude out by name.

Apparently that's been the executive of all their TV shows since 2005...

Funny enough, Bill Simmons and Lebatard have called him out over the years too.
Eh, they can def build a case to terminate that deal for cause with all of the shenanigans he’s pulled as of late. You do things that could negatively impact the brand and that’s an easy way to exit if they actually want to. They cut ties with Bill Simmons who brought wayyyy more to the company

espn shouldn't be surprised, they knew what they were getting with Pat. this what happens when you are a desperate company looking for viewership and ratings. wonder if they try and terminate his deal and move someone like shannon in that spot

espn shouldn't be surprised, they knew what they were getting with Pat. this what happens when you are a desperate company looking for viewership and ratings. wonder if they try and terminate his deal and move someone like shannon in that spot
I want to see if the numbers are even worth it tbh

From what I gather this is partly what set off Pat with his numbers sabotaging comments. Andrew Marchand wrote a column about McAfee’s current TV numbers and McAfee took issue that they either arent true or they are skewed (which may be caused by Norby). Still, these are entertaining nuggets.

“Since the inception of McAfee’s show on ESPN in the fall, “First Take” is handing McAfee a 583,000 viewer lead-in, and McAfee is maintaining just 302,000, which is a 48 percent drop.”

“Compared to the same window last year, which featured SportsCenter, McAfee is down 12 percent.”

“As we previously reported, ESPN is paying McAfee $85 million over five years to license his show and appear on “College GameDay,”

“The question is: Can McAfee last in the Disney universe? McAfee never finishes contracts. He failed to with FanDuel, DAZN, BetOnline, SiriusXM and WWE, to name a few.”

shannon's interview with katt williams already has 19 million views on youtube. I've never watched a katt williams interview, his perspective and ways of answering questions is interesting.

shannon's interview with katt williams already has 19 million views on youtube. I've never watched a katt williams interview, his perspective and ways of answering questions is interesting.
It's got 25M views in 3 days :sick:

He said the interview was gonna break the internet when he previewed it last week, they weren't kidding :lol:

Think the fact that they have Shannon on their roster now gives them a plausible out if ever they wanna cut McAfee's contract short. He's shown that he's got a massive following in the podcast sphere like Pat ever since he started his own show online a little while back while he was still on Fox.

Folks were criticizing his approach as an interviewer and thinking he should've been more combative with Katt but he's not a professional journalist nor has he ever claimed to be one. He just started his own platform as a relaxed space for guests to come on and shoot the **** + promote whatever they've got going on.

He wouldn't get the type of content that he gets on his show if he had a different approach with guests or tried to be like a network TV talk show or radio show :lol:.

It really is crazy to me the numbers these daily shows get. The same talking heads, and the same arguments, get recycled over and over all day, knuckleheads like Skip and Stephen A become celebrities, and we think these guys run daytime TV. And then we see these shows live are getting less than 500,000 viewers, sometimes MUCH less.

To put this in some perspective, the Live with Kelly show is recently averaging 2.6 million viewers. The Pop Tarts Bowl got 4.3 mil.

Ya I know it’s a different world and they’re forced to just focus on Twitter and YouTube but my lord if just every TV in every US gym was counted you’d get to that 500k :lol:

It's got 25M views in 3 days :sick:

He said the interview was gonna break the internet when he previewed it last week, they weren't kidding :lol:

Think the fact that they have Shannon on their roster now gives them a plausible out if ever they wanna cut McAfee's contract short. He's shown that he's got a massive following in the podcast sphere like Pat ever since he started his own show online a little while back while he was still on Fox.

Folks were criticizing his approach as an interviewer and thinking he should've been more combative with Katt but he's not a professional journalist nor has he ever claimed to be one. He just started his own platform as a relaxed space for guests to come on and shoot the **** + promote whatever they've got going on.

He wouldn't get the type of content that he gets on his show if he had a different approach with guests or tried to be like a network TV talk show or radio show :lol:.
shannon responded to his critics on nightcap regarding that issue. think he was talking about some of his peers in the podcast space who said he didn't press katt hard enough. said everything was good, but now that he is getting more popular he got critics. think he may have been talking about stephen jackson, who went on a rant about shannon (again). think they use to be cool and shannon even did all the smoke back in the days

THE Sebastian telfair from the doc Through the Fire on the newest episode. 4min in already discussing best players from Coney Island and overall best from NY

Gonna be real ironic if the Aaron Rodgers segment that was a big part of why ESPN signed him in the first place ends up being the cause of his downfall at the network for McAfee :lol:

That crank is opening the show and network up for a lawsuit by another member of the Disney family :rofl:

Last edited:
if he has evidence, why hasn’t he given it to the police
Cause he doesn't have any but he's got an image to maintain even if that image is a stupid person's idea of a smart/informed person so he can't walk things back completely in his mind, potential liabilites be damned :lol:

Whole thing started as a ***** fit over Kimmel cracking jokes, like he does every night, at his own expense.

i predict this ends with removal of aaron on pat's show. pat is either going to go along or they will end their relationship with him. then these guys can go off and play the martyr role and said they were canceled. one thing to be controversial and all that, but they went at an even bigger name within the company

i dont understand why Kimmel wouldn’t sue

the settlement from just rodgers and the packers LT would be huge

and he could include Disney/espn/mcafee as his job security AND to get a decent raise

the ladies in Georgia plus the voting machine law suit vs fox and others, are great recent examples

Back
Top Bottom