All Things Sports Media Thread!!

It's time for Coach Belichik redemption year on CBS, I can sense it

AA
Is it the end of an era for The NFL Today on CBS?

Earlier this year, Andrew Marchand reported that the contracts of James Brown, Phil Simms, Bill Cowher, and Boomer Esiason were all expiring. Those four are the elder statesmen of the program, having been joined in recent years by fresh faces like Nate Burleson and J.J. Watt.

Given the age and experience of the crew, and the fact that there’s been no announcement from CBS about their futures, it’s entirely possible that the network could move in a completely new direction with their studio coverage next year.

There are plenty of younger faces out there that could get a call to move to Sunday mornings. Thomas Davis and Kyle Long recently joined the CBS Sports Network pregame show. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Richard Sherman, and Andrew Whitworth have worked for Amazon. Jason Kelce could get a huge offer to become a face of the network’s studio coverage. Maybe even Drew Brees gets another call.

Nick Saban officially joins ESPN, becoming the newest ‘College GameDay’ analyst

As has been rumored for some time, legendary college football coach Nick Saban is joining ESPN, the network announced Wednesday.

The seven-time national championship-winning coach, who retired in January following 17 seasons at the helm of the Alabama Crimson Tide program, will become the newest analyst on the set of College GameDay and also be part of the network’s NFL Draft and SEC football coverage.

ESPN and SEC’s new deal kicks in next season, with the iconic 3:30 SEC game of the week leaving CBS for ESPN and ABC.

espn must be paying dan orlovsky minimum wage, no other reason to not get rid of him. he was a trash qb and no one gives a damn when he evaluates qbs or offenses. Heard he wants to be an offensive coordinator but I doubt any team is dumb enough to hire him.

RC so extra with these posts. I like some of his stuff on the Pivot and as an ESPN analyst but him doing all this media and announcements likely mean his time with the network are over and he does more podcasting, Inside the NFL and maybe new media with another outlet.

I support both of these moves if it gets them away from espn and gone from my tv.

I like Ryan Clark but I don’t give a **** if he’s back. I don’t know why I’m seeing this everywhere. He has enough shows if anyone is dying to see him.

Greenberg and SAS are on too many shows, I don’t know why ESPN doesn’t give other people some shine.

Who is this dude hosting that doesn't know who Kevin Johnson, DerMarr Johnson, and then he said Antonio McDaniels.

I guess being white is enough to he a host for these NBA player podcasts. Such a low bar.

cam Newton will be in an episode of it is what it is this week. As Cam’ron revealed this news last week and we got footage of him fighting off teenagers at a football camp over the weekend it should be extra funny

This goes hand in hand with this article from last week

Skip is in the last year of his deal with FS1 and I could see a scenario where they don't renew it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom