All Things Sports Media Thread!!

For a long time I thought I liked Chris Mannix.

Then I heard Mannix on The DP Show when Dan wasn't there and it was McLovin/Fritzy and I wouldn't say this unless I truly was sure it was accurate: Mannix is a ****.

Last edited:
Funny how espn was slamming tennessee for their issues and speculating what really happened with peyton manning and that female trailer, and since Sunday they've been slurping him on tv all day and night.

Recent updates:

Matt Hasselbeck joining ESPN NFL Countdown, reportedly replacing Mike Ditka

The makeover of Sunday NFL Countdown continues. After recently retired Pro Bowl corner Charles Woodson joined the ESPN set to replace a departing Keyshawn Johnson, another NFL player is reportedly making the move straight from the league to Bristol.

That would be longtime veteran quarterback Matt Hasselbeck.

The Big Lead reports Hasselbeck will be replacing Mike Ditka on the countdown set in a move that isn’t all that surprising considering Ditka is 76 and in the latter stages of his television career and his biggest contribution recently to ESPN has been tangents like this. TBL also reports Ditka will have an “emeritus” role at the network, which is also known as Whatever Happened To Bob Knight.

CBS/Turner unveil 2016 NCAA Tournament announcers

Here’s how the lineup looks for 2016. Once again, the top four teams listed will also call Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight games in the second weekend of the Tournament:

Jim Nantz / Bill Raftery / Grant Hill // Tracy Wolfson*
Brian Anderson / Steve Smith // Dana Jacobson*
Verne Lundquist / Jim Spanarkel // Allie LaForce*
Kevin Harlan / Reggie Miller / Dan Bonner // Lewis Johnson*
Ian Eagle / Chris Webber / Len Elmore // Evan Washburn
Spero Dedes / Doug Gottlieb // Ros Gold-Onwude
Andrew Catalon / Steve Lappas // Jamie Erdahl
Carter Blackburn / Mike Gminski // Jaime Maggio

This year marks the first time that the National Championship Game won’t be on CBS since 1981 when NBC broadcast the game. TBS will air both the Final Four and National Championship Game. And those “Team Stream” homer calls will be utilized once again not just for the Final Four, but also the National Championship Game.

For the studio, Ernie Johnson and Greg Gumbel will co-host the first week in New York with Charles Barkley, Kenny “The Jet” Smith and Clark Kellogg. In Atlanta, Matt Winer will be joined by CBS Sports Network analyst Wally Szczerbiak, Seth Davis and college coaches.

eek.gif
my god dude is a loser 

He can be found opening up packs of cards in his free time on Periscope **** aint revelatory

ESPN.com/Analytics to Aggregate an Always-On Collection of Analytics Writing, Data and Tools, Complementing FiveThirtyEight.com

ESPN.com today announced that it will soon launch ESPN.com/Analytics, a single online destination for analytics content powered by ESPN’s Stats & Information Group (SIG). Fans will be able to access featured rankings including QBR, Football, Basketball and Soccer Power Indexes as well as original work from SIG writers. In addition, a roster of ESPN.com writers will contribute regularly to the section, along with content from Football Outsiders, Hockey Prospectus, Fangraphs and others.

The new section will also provide a home for ESPN’s Stats & Info blog, which offers timely analysis of live games, milestones and breaking news from around the world of sports. It will also connect with SIG’s extraordinarily popular Twitter feed, @ESPNStatsInfo, which currently attracts nearly 1.4 million followers.

ESPN.com/Analytics will complement and cross-promote the outstanding work of FiveThirtyEight.com, which features leading data journalism storytelling not just about sports but politics, the economy, science, life and popular culture.

“The quality of content that SIG consistently produces deserves its own space on ESPN.com,” said Chad Millman, Vice President & Editorial Director, Domestic Digital Content, ESPN. “By creating a one-stop destination for SIG’s analytics content, we are amplifying the hard work and dedication from this team while also better serving sports fans.”

“Sports analytics are an important part of our storytelling,” Noel Nash, Vice President, Stats & Information Group, ESPN. “This new section will serve our most avid followers with all of ESPN’s statistics, data, tools and rankings in one easily accessible destination.”

The launch date of ESPN.com/Analytics will be announced at a later date.

About ESPN Stats & Information Group and the Sports Analytics Team

The ESPN Stats & Information Group (SIG) serves fans across all the company’s platforms with the fastest, most accurate and insightful statistics, scores, news and analysis. The Sports Analytics team – founded five years ago by Jeff Bennett, SIG Vice President of Business and Analytics – is a multidisciplinary group where all members have a deep knowledge of sports, statistics, databases, programming logic and languages, and storytelling. Combining best-in-the-industry data with advanced mathematics and statistical modeling skills, the Sports Analytics team has created storytelling tools and metrics that have improved the evaluation of team and player performance, such as Total QBR and predictive power ratings for college football, college basketball and soccer. These products make fans better informed and help keep ESPN at the cutting edge of sports statistical analysis.

What did Stugotz do today that he was apologizing about today? I'm listening to them on their podcast 
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
 repped and thanks 

I was
roll.gif
 at Stu just giving fake NCAA tourney takes and the Bob Costas thing 

Stu's tourney takes were hilarious :rofl:

"____ has an underrated star putting up 12 & 3 every night, they got a real deep bench, real high character team. Don't be surprised if you see them in the elite 8."

Stu's tourney takes were hilarious
roll.gif

"____ has an underrated star putting up 12 & 3 every night, they got a real deep bench, real high character team. Don't be surprised if you see them in the elite 8."
So damn funny when he kept putting everyone going to the elite 8 

Anyone hear Bomani go in on Drake the other day [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom