All Things Sports Media Thread!!

good lord, who ESPN going have left??

I mean I'm glad skip and a couple others are going.. but please dear lord baby jesus, I hope any of that doesn't mean an even bigger role for Stephen A/chris Broussard and/or a couple others

let le batard, bomani and jalen/jacoby got to work

also hope it doesn't mean a bigger role for either mike

This is the one big concern with all these ESPN firings - what new age knuckleheads are going to be taking over for them? America's attention span now and constant need for trolling and debate means we likely are going to see some clowns moving up the ladder for these TV spots.

In Berman's case I hope they move Trey Wingo up to his spot as he has put in his time and then some.

SIde note, Stephen A. Smith has blanketed ESPN now to such a degree that frankly it's embarrassing and pathetic.

Heather Cox leaving ESPN for NBC. :smh:

Love Heather. She probably wants to cover the Olympics and chill in Rio. Besides that, what else does nbc have? They have sunday night football, racing, horse racing, golf, and hockey.

wouldn't mind seeing trey or suzy get the head gig

I read somewhere that Suzy was basically being groomed for the job and it was hers when berman was gone.

I'm assuming rachel nichols is a good reporter but damn her opinions suck and she sounds dumb on her own show.

Am I the only who thinks The Ringer is going to flop??

Hope not but just doesn't seem like it'll do much better than Grantland, which was great but didn't get a lot of views

well they already got 'after the thrones' going..

but probably comes down to the TV side of things and the exposure he can get from his show and whatever docs he does (and he's getting out on other than ESPN stuff now that he is allowed to)

but espn really didn't push grantland as hard as they should have.. but jalen/jacoby got the radio show gig right at the end.. and I don't think their nba show was a good platform for simmons and/or rose

would probably have been better off letting the grantland folks run the nba show since it was/is crap anyways.. and then they could essentially do when they did when they would have live stuff for certain sports events (only remember the ncaa tournament).. or what they did for their NBA previews (and then you have doug Collins, Zach lowe and other guys as guest during that)

I'm not a fan of the NBA people at the ringer at all. Tsarks will forever be known for being called a troll by Westbrook. Their podcast previewing the NBA Finals and wrapping up the OKC series just wasn't good.

yea.. I just ignored their NBA stuff (and a fair amount of their stuff podcast wise other than the folks I like).. other than what he did with house

but I'm saying that was a missed opportunity when he was at grantland because obviously espn actually shows nba games

Last edited:
Fennessey turned down the offer to RUN Grantland and joined the Ringer lol

Probably the better move too in all honesty considering the unique nature of that situation :lol:

Damn at the tension between Simmons/The Ringer and the former Grantlanders that went to MTV.

"They've now gotten rid of everybody who is a little off the beaten path. Ask yourself this: 'Who would work there that you respect right now?' "

Yikes...taking a big shot at Zach Lowe, IMO.

*Not sure if anyone has caught it, but he's now a Senior Writer at ESPN.

Damn at the tension between Simmons/The Ringer and the former Grantlanders that went to MTV.

???
Towards the bottom of the page:
"After Bill left Grantland, there was a question of like, 'What's the mission supposed to be now?' " says Fennessey, who turned down an offer to run Grantland and joined The Ringer. Twenty-three alumni have followed. A much smaller faction, with whom there's said to be tension relating to the veil of secrecy surrounding the initial staff exodus, moved to MTV.

interesting he named Zach Lowe here
Bill Simmons posts “quick note” about THR cover story: https://t.co/6Pao62ddGm pic.twitter.com/Tpezw59KHQ
Ckc3CTjUgAAcq7a.jpg
— Ryan Parker (@TheRyanParker) June 8, 2016

Last edited:
dude would take lowe, jalen and jacoby in a heartbeat if he could..

probably lebatard too.. knew he was a big fan of the pti guys

never seen him with bomani

Last edited:
Fennessey turned down the offer to RUN Grantland and joined the Ringer lol
The writing was on the wall. Soon as Bill was out, people weren't going to support Grantland anymore with ESPN basically snatching it from him.

The right thing to do was let it die. I didn't know they wanted to keep running the site under the same name.

Sucks since I enjoyed watching stuff on the grantland youtube channel.

I might have more interest in jalen and jacoby if they didn't show it at really early mornings on espn.

Last edited:
I could handle Jalen and Jacoby once a week during the Grantland days. Once a day, every day of the week? I shall pass.

Back
Top Bottom