All Things Sports Media Thread!!

Someone sent in to le batard, that Stan Van Gundy looks like the cartoon chef you see on generic pizza boxes.

Prob. He's going to do the Thursday Night games on NBC and most likely golf too

Saw this mentioned elsewhere, but he may be pursuing a Nantz-like spot at NBC, doing football and golf. I'll miss him on NBA broadcasts though.

The Deadspin article on it also mentioned he might be eyeing taking over for the Olympics eventually.

So SNF and Olympics when those guys retire and golf too.. not bad.

I'll miss him on basketball.. he's never been my all-time favorite or anything, but he was just very good at his job.

Yeah, a possible SNF-Golf-Olympics trio would be huge, and an opportunity that would never exist at ESPN.

Also, I didn't realize he's only 49 years old. He's got a lot left in the tank.

Easily would bounce back from all three of them. JVG is the only one who you'd miss and it'd be the miss-how-he-annoyed for a few ESPN games then no one would care. None of them are truly that valuable in the grand scheme of things, and can't weigh their potential losses if we don't know the replacements anyway

Last edited:
Yeah. Less Barry's the better.

ESPNs too broad, with too many games now for them to ever develop an organic identity that grows and is associated with the network like Charles or Ernie is for TNT if they haven't gotten it by now. Radar's for everyone are higher now, in the general public and ptherwise. Adaption's harder on social platform's now, there's a lot of noise I'd say? ESPN cut ties too much and now no audience base ever consumes anything without suspecting the new talking head is being pushed on them so consideration is low :lol:

Last edited:
Best news I've heard all year.

I will look forward to Skip moving to FOX and not being much on the radar. A man can dream.

Last edited:
http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2016/04/espn-statement-about-skip-bayless/?preview=true

Skip Bayless is leaving ESPN in August.
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom