All Things Sports Media Thread!!

Anyone else feel that Bill Simmons has lost his appeal. His podcasts just aren't doing it for me anymore

Anyone else feel that Bill Simmons has lost his appeal. His podcasts just aren't doing it for me anymore
still cool w/ me 
smokin.gif

the Ringer CFB podcast is trash though 

This would have been an awesome Any Given Wednesday for me last year.

My favorite rapper NaS is going to be on the show and beta boy KD is going to be on tonight.

Will be tuning in for KD. Based off the interview bill simmons did with Thibs a while back, I doubt he will ask any hard hitting question.

He better ask him about russ or those dumb *** tattoos...

Last edited:

I kinda agree too.

Simmons' main worth is his writing and IMO always has been since day 1. With the popularity of his writing it was only natural he evolved to doing many things and his writing (obviously) has been pushed back to very little. I don't mind him now but just keep seeing him as a writer.

I'm a day 1 Bill fanboy so I just chuckle.

1st folks got tiresome of his redundant, Boston bias, corny pop referenced columns. Now you guys want them back. :lol:

Last edited:
Why do lebatard and bomani have the best radio shows out right now
why is jadakiss as hard as it gets?

side note:
they really need to move bomani into the SVP leftovers spot right behind dan.. hell even have some overlap with dan and bomani for old time sake

then go to jalen and jacoby.. then go to whoever, don't really care since that will take me through my work day

1st folks got tiresome of his redundant, Boston bias, corny pop referenced columns. Now you guys want them back. :lol:

I never really got tired of his shtick. Always knew it was there but still had fun with it. Been reading him since 2000 ESPN Page 2.

KD & Nas episode was pretty good. Nas did not seem impressed with KDs tattoos
laugh.gif
I about to catch the replay latter tonight. My buddy sent me screen caps of the episode through text messages last night and I couldn't stand seeing beta boy's dumb face 
laugh.gif

How did Nas do?

1st folks got tiresome of his redundant, Boston bias, corny pop referenced columns. Now you guys want them back.
laugh.gif
I never really got tired of his shtick. Always knew it was there but still had fun with it. Been reading him since 2000 ESPN Page 2.
yea bill goin bill... either you like him or you don't..

wish he would stick to NBA more though.. and liked when he would have guys like jalen and/or Zach lowe around

I don't think much of his nfl "experts" that were at grantland and now at the ringer, sooooo that kinda hurt them stepping into the Zach lowe role to kinda temper his extreme.. chris brown is good though, so there is hope, but he needs a bigger role on that front

Last edited:
I agree.

Mays and Ephraim Salaam's podcast was the best
Kevin Clark is also very good.  I feel like he calls out Mays' bs, which he always says with such authority.

This would have been an awesome Any Given Wednesday for me last year.

My favorite rapper NaS is going to be on the show and beta boy KD is going to be on tonight.
Damn I'm actually going to have to watch this.

Any Given Wednesday episode was great...  Vince Staples hilarious "look at his neck"

I about to catch the replay latter tonight. My buddy sent me screen caps of the episode through text messages last night and I couldn't stand seeing beta boy's dumb face :lol: .

How did Nas do?

Nas was good. Came off sharp and real. Didn't get too deep into anything but he had a good presence.

Bill on a lil streak , good episode on hbo , lombardi on fridays is awesome and titus is getting a college basketball podcast .

Seems to be finding his form after espn

Last edited:
Nah, he still has it.

I skip all of the football episodes though. But his most recent show with Gladwell was GREAT

Any Given Wednesday episode was great...  Vince Staples hilarious "look at his neck"
Never heard of dude before today. Dude is funny as hell man.

Last edited:
Anyone else befuddled at the fact they put shannon sharpe and max kellerman alongside Skip n Stephen A Smith ? Nothing against them but those are some boring dudes with vanilla takes . you need a "love-to-hate personality" on these shows .

I think espn should have bid higher on cowherd n put him alongside Screamin

And put whitlock with bayless .

Seems like a better dynamic then the hot trash they got on now

Back
Top Bottom