All Things Sports Media Thread!!

He doesn't seem defensive at all.

People (like the ones in this thread) come at him hundreds of times a day with complaints and hate. He responds some of the time normally telling them to use "Ctrl + F" or to point out where he actually said what they claimed he was saying.

As for him saying making All Star teams and MVP votes is "suffering" - obviously he's exaggerating and joking but I'd 1000% prefer a writer that puts TOO much thought and analysis into something over 98% of writers who don't watch games, make a vote based on "story" or "history", and teach the readers absolutely nothing new - even though they have 100x more access and time than the average fan does.

There was 0 wrong with that Bulls paragraph IMO. He was painting a picture of Thibs going out in classic Thibs style. He could've said that in one sentence but instead explained exactly how he did that. Benching young players, benching shooters who aren't that good defensively, playing a defense-first vet on his last legs. Not sure what the problem is.
I've seen dude respond to cats on Twitter that weren't even @'ing him though. So buddy is also outchea searching his name and doing all that ****. 
mean.gif

I still read his stuff though, I don't have an issue w/ most of his opinions. Excellent analyst. I'm also not about to go on a spree defending his name in here like I'm his intern.

Last edited:
Lowe blocked me, when I yelled at Simmons for talking **** about Jim Buss the day his father died.

Lowe, blocked me, for talking to Simmons angrily. I mean...... :lol:

I did find it odd that he randomly did a pod about his backstory. Maybe the writing was on the wall?

True but originally it had me thinking maybe they were close to coming to terms on his new contract

Good replacement but dude couldn't even do this himself after all his years at ESPN :rolleyes

Must suck for bill to see someone now running his baby

Good replacement but dude couldn't even do this himself after all his years at ESPN :rolleyes

he's doing things for abc, espn, grantland and is always consistent .he's been at espn about as long as bill .

Last edited:
It's gotta be killing Simmons to be out of commission during the NBA Playoffs. It's not hard to understand why ESPN wanted to part ways -- it's a corporation that relishes complete control -- but to essentially shut him down for the final four months of his contract is pretty cruel.

It's gotta be killing Simmons to be out of commission during the NBA Playoffs. It's not hard to understand why ESPN wanted to part ways -- it's a corporation that relishes complete control -- but to essentially shut him down for the final four months of his contract is pretty cruel.
crine @ your screen name 
eek.gif

havent heard his name since the 90s

What the hell happened with bomani ESPN radio show? They haven't posted it on a pod in over a week

He and Connelly were pretty close, and I'm guessing Simmons may have even had a say in the move. Connelly really is a perfect fit, having a background in both sports, pop culture (MTV, Rolling Stone), and the production side to run a site like that. Plus, he already has an established relationship with Grantland, and him being around will help retain talent. The site is in good hands, as far as I'm concerned. ESPN actually did something right (in a situation where seemingly nothing good could come from it).

This was great man, I needed to hear something like this. Bill was really shooting every shot to get where he wanted to be, taking every chance in the book. Respect to that man for chasing his dream.

i thought we already addressed this?

simmons was let go because of his constant bickering and flaming of roger goddell...

ESPN can't have that, especially with heads of major sports leagues to which you want exclusive tv deals with...

and his story about his espn days that he did was because it was ESPN anniversary i think; not because he was about to get fired

simmons was let go because of his constant bickering and flaming of roger goddell...

ESPN can't have that, especially with heads of major sports leagues to which you want exclusive tv deals with...

Only the NFL though. Through all his years of bashing the NBA for drug testing, officiating, and generally ripping on Stern, he never even got a slap on the wrist. It got to the point where I was shocked Stern would even keep going on the BS Report. When Stern retired, Simmons excoriated him (he even brought up the Reggie Lewis incident, which people had pretty much forgotten about). It just shows how thin skinned Goodell and the NFL are. And, how afraid ESPN is of them.

and his story about his espn days that he did was because it was ESPN anniversary i think; not because he was about to get fired
you're right

I also thought maybe a new contract was on the horizon when I first heard it

few weeks later he gets canned 
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom