Allen Iverson crossing Michael Jordan (1997)

In light of all these AI threads recently, I decided to go back and watch some of his best moments.� This is by far my favorite.� I know everyone has seen it amillion times but this clip shows an angle I never seen before really showing how much seperation Allen pulled from MJ

sick.gif
sick.gif
� Surely one of the best crosses EVER.�
eek.gif

Originally Posted by D723

� Surely one of the best crosses EVER.�

Surely one of the most overrated plays ever. I remember, that play didn't even reach top 5 on that weeks top 10 courtside countdown. It definitelywasn't #1. The crossover itself doesn't look special, it's how stupid MJ looked while defending it that made the crossover look better than itreally was. I don't know what MJ was thinking at the moment, and why he switched hands like that, but just as he was switching hands, Iverson happened tocross the ball to the other side and make him look stupid.

This crossover is at least as good as the Iverson one, but doesn't get 1/10th the hype:

Yeah, I always thought that was an over-rated play - a little guy crossing a big guy? That's supposed to happen.

its 1 cross over.... i wouldn't be suprised if any pg in the nba crossed jordan up once, this is the nba.

Wow
eek.gif
He crossed Jordan like that? But he's the greatest of all time! Iwonder what he would've done to Kobe.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Wow
eek.gif
He crossed Jordan like that? But he's the greatest of all time! I wonder what he would've done to Kobe.
Kobe woulda flung his arms in the air yelling "foul foul!"

but, what about lebron!? or WadE!? they would have definitely called an offensive foul on AI.

Very overrated play.

I remember back in the day when AI pulled this off after the game Jordan was saying how guys like AI and that generation of young players in the league at thattime have no respect for the older veterans and superstars in the league.

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

Very overrated play.

I remember back in the day when AI pulled this off after the game Jordan was saying how guys like AI and that generation of young players in the league at that time have no respect for the older veterans and superstars in the league.
I agree with the bit about the overrated play, but I don't get this "respect elders" thing. What, young players are supposed to justlay down and let "elders" score 40 points on them just because they're elders? If you got beat, you got beat.

Maybe there's some context in this I don't know about? Did Iverson say something disrespectful or something?

Originally Posted by TheBlackHole76

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

Very overrated play.

I remember back in the day when AI pulled this off after the game Jordan was saying how guys like AI and that generation of young players in the league at that time have no respect for the older veterans and superstars in the league.
I agree with the bit about the overrated play, but I don't get this "respect elders" thing. What, young players are supposed to just lay down and let "elders" score 40 points on them just because they're elders? If you got beat, you got beat.

Maybe there's some context in this I don't know about? Did Iverson say something disrespectful or something?
He just said he wasn't gonna lay down to Jordan, basically.

And I don't understand how this isn't a good cross? Dude that said little man crossing big man... really? Jordan was one of the best defenders of hisera and definitely one of the best perimeter defenders. He bit on the cross and tried to get the steal and got burned, it's that simple. I don't seehow yall are trying to downplay AI's move and say it was "Jordan's fault."

The AI hate on here recently is ridiculous, just 2 1/2 years ago AI went to Denver and everyone and their mother on here got bandwagon Nuggets sigs. Yall areridiculous.
smh.gif

AI traveled. Planted on the right, then pushed off on the left while crossing over. Tim Hardaway was the best at crossing people up.

Originally Posted by de PHX Jose

Wouldn't it be palming with his left hand? Nice by the way..
In today's standards, yes.

but we still see a lot of players getting away with it.

nonetheless, appreciated.

Just an avg crossover Tim hardaway was the master he dropped guys nearly every game.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Surely one of the most overrated plays ever. I remember, that play didn't even reach top 5 on that weeks top 10 courtside countdown. It definitely wasn't #1. The crossover itself doesn't look special, it's how stupid MJ looked while defending it that made the crossover look better than it really was. I don't know what MJ was thinking at the moment, and why he switched hands like that, but just as he was switching hands, Iverson happened to cross the ball to the other side and make him look stupid.

This crossover is at least as good as the Iverson one, but doesn't get 1/10th the hype:
This dude stay trying to discredit anything negative about MJ....
laugh.gif

How many times in his career did Jordan end up looking "stupid" defensively? And he is regarded as one of the best defenders of all time
tired.gif

When I first seen that crossover on MJ, I was super-amped... I ran and threw my reebok headband on wit myQuestions and practiced that move for weeks...
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Steve Francis on Troy Hudson is one of the worst in-game moves I've seen...

Not this play again...

My favorite Iverson moment was when he stepped over Lue. Also, the dunk on Camby was pretty sweet...

Back
Top Bottom