Allen Iverson to officially retire from the NBA, vol. HWhat?

Oh yeah, I forgot all about that. Then they'll do a part 2 about his way out of the league.

Soo many memories :pimp:
8521.jpg

Last edited:
Probably the 3rd biggest icon the sport of basketball has ever seen.  People left and right can say what they want to be it good or bad about Iverson, but as an icon he will always be remembered. 
Um nah yo.  MJ, Magic, Bird, Dr J, Wilt, Kareem, Bill Russell, Kobe, Lebron.   And Durant will soon pass him. 

But man I loved A.I.  Dude had no fear cutting to the basket.  If he were just to know his limits and not get so physical he could have had a longer career.  Plus if he would have just took a smaller role and just be a team player later on his career he would have been even greater.  I get he had to do what he did with that finals team but man he was such a cancer to his teams. 

Shame how his last few years played out. Ego is something else though. Seeing fisher still in the league, stackhouse, kidd and grant hill playing until last season makes me feel iverson coulda still been and could still be a productive player had he swallowed his pride, came off the bench and took that role other players past their prime eventually did.

It's a damn shame he couldn't swallow his pride.

Still one of my favorite players ever. Son had a ton of heart. Thanks for the memories AI. :pimp:

He wasn't really on my list of favorite players watching when I was growing up but I still remember how big he was popularity-wise during my JR high years so he definitely holds an iconic spot in my childhood.

While his shooting percentages were never that great, it's amazing how big of a scorer he was seeing he's barely 6'0 and only around 160-165 lbs :wow: :nthat:

Up until last 3-4 years, I've always been a scrawny *** kid so I generally thought any pro athlete was big and tall b/c my perception of weight/height was way out of whack but it's mind-blowing to me these days Iverson was doing what he was doing at that size since now I know exactly how small (average in real world, just sayin "small" in NBA) 6'0 and 160-165 lbs is.

Last edited:
Top 3 favorite athlete ever and a part of my childhood

Had all his kicks, jerseys and even had cornrows because of him. Sad to see how his career ended, his personal tribulations and his financial mismanagement but what he did on the court is immortal.

Definitely one of the biggest icons in sports history and one of the most influential sports figures in the black culture. He started the cornrows trend and helped usher in the fully tatted look (along with wayne). Women wanted him, dudes wanted to be him. I modeled my crossover after his infamous Jordan shake and I've caught hundreds of bodies over the course of my humble career. Dude was too cool and was a killer in the court.

sucks the way it ended for him but dude still left his mark. definitely one of my favorite athletes, i remember wearing his shoes as kid trying to be him on the court 
nthat.gif

Idolized ai growing up. Was always kind of hoping he would be playing one last time but knew deep down he wouldn't be.

Read dude was supporting over 50 families. Sometimes you gotta leave the hood behind you, ain't none of those people in position to support him now. Atleast he has 30 mill from reebok waiting for him if he makes to 50, I hope his seeds get taken care of

Last edited:
this dude hang out at a mall here in atl

everytime i see him i just
mean.gif

same day his own shoes retro he had on some off white(dirty) forces
sick.gif
lol that's funny I saw him chillen drunk as a skunk down peachtree... at the marquis... Eyes hella bloodshot, wearing a hat cocked to the side with a tied up du rag. Dude looked str8 up junky status. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Definitely one of the biggest icons in sports history and one of the most influential sports figures in the black culture. He started the cornrows trend and helped usher in the fully tatted look (along with wayne). Women wanted him, dudes wanted to be him. I modeled my crossover after his infamous Jordan shake and I've caught hundreds of bodies over the course of my humble career. Dude was too cool and was a killer in the court.

definitely remember getting the fishbone rows after he sported them. and definitely stole some moves from his commercials. He was the man!

But don't feel sorry for dude. His talent took him to the top. He balled out for a long time after coming from Bad Newz, VA. He showed love to people. and like so many people know, he has another fortune should he live that long. I look at the first part of his like Brewsters Millions. Hopefully he gets it right the second time

Probably the 3rd biggest icon the sport of basketball has ever seen.  People left and right can say what they want to be it good or bad about Iverson, but as an icon he will always be remembered. 
Um nah yo.  MJ, Magic, Bird, Dr J, Wilt, Kareem, Bill Russell, Kobe, Lebron.   And Durant will soon pass him. 
LOL.  To be an ICON champ, you have to be an original......a 1 of 1.  With that being said, that takes Kobe right out of the equation.  He's nothing more than a wanna-be, everyone should know that.  Both Lebron and Durant are great, or are on their way to being truly great, but most people don't have a real deep connection to either outside of the basketball court.  That's what happens when your icon status.  As for the legends that you listed, I'm not going to argue or debate about them as they are legend status, but I will say that legend status does not equate to icon status.......which is what A.I. is/was.  Any and everybody wanted to be A.I.   

uh Durant cant pass Iverson in that regard. How iconic is kd really? cmon now

Back
Top Bottom