Allen Iverson to police: 'Do you know who I am?'

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I would be pissed yes, but that doesn't mean I am not wrong. And it isn't up to YOU to determine when someone is reprimanded. If you are wrong, you can only be mad at yourself. I just take things like that. If I get in trouble, I wonder what I can do to prevent it. I won't be mad at the authority.
Once again, I never said Iverson or the dude werent wrong.  I just said I dont blame him for being mad. 

And yes you can be mad at the authority in this case.  Like the situation I spoke of earlier.  Say you are driving on the freeway.  The speed limit is 65.  You get pulled over and the officer shows you his radar gun and it clocked you at 67.  He gives you a ticket.  You know DAMN WELL you would be mad at the authority.  Dont tell me you wouldnt be.
Yes I would be pissed but ultimately, EYE was driving over the speed limit. I can blame no one but ME. I wouldn't be mad at the authority in that situation. I am weird man. I really don't waste emotion @ the wrong focus. If I sped, I got caught, I can't logically be mad at the cops. I just can't. That is just how I operate.

I would be pissed yes, but that doesn't mean I am not wrong. And it isn't up to YOU to determine when someone is reprimanded. If you are wrong, you can only be mad at yourself. I just take things like that. If I get in trouble, I wonder what I can do to prevent it. I won't be mad at the authority.
Once again, I never said Iverson or the dude werent wrong.  I just said I dont blame him for being mad. 

And yes you can be mad at the authority in this case.  Like the situation I spoke of earlier.  Say you are driving on the freeway.  The speed limit is 65.  You get pulled over and the officer shows you his radar gun and it clocked you at 67.  He gives you a ticket.  You know DAMN WELL you would be mad at the authority.  Dont tell me you wouldnt be.
Yes I would be pissed but ultimately, EYE was driving over the speed limit. I can blame no one but ME. I wouldn't be mad at the authority in that situation. I am weird man. I really don't waste emotion @ the wrong focus. If I sped, I got caught, I can't logically be mad at the cops. I just can't. That is just how I operate.

grin.gif
There are just some things/situations that cops shouldnt give tickets for.  The only explanation for tickets like this is the cop is an %%% hole.  Nothing else.

I'm done.  You are a better man than I am apparently. 

grin.gif
There are just some things/situations that cops shouldnt give tickets for.  The only explanation for tickets like this is the cop is an %%% hole.  Nothing else.

I'm done.  You are a better man than I am apparently. 

Don't take it like that. I understand where you are going with that. There is a such thing as authority just being pressed and petty. But to be pressed and petty, you have to give them SOMETHING to react. If I am driving over the speed limit, I logically can't be mad at anyone other than myself. I have developed that train of though. If I am WRONG, I can't be mad at someone disciplining me. I can't. It just doesn't work.

But it is the cops job to make sure we are safe. While it doesn't make sense TO YOU to pull someone over for not using a signal, what if this instance causes drivers in GA to be more conscious of using signals, which in turn can make for safer driving. You have to look at the big picture.

I just think it is easy to call the police jerks when they are usually only jerks to someone that is doing wrong. Key word, usually.

Don't take it like that. I understand where you are going with that. There is a such thing as authority just being pressed and petty. But to be pressed and petty, you have to give them SOMETHING to react. If I am driving over the speed limit, I logically can't be mad at anyone other than myself. I have developed that train of though. If I am WRONG, I can't be mad at someone disciplining me. I can't. It just doesn't work.

But it is the cops job to make sure we are safe. While it doesn't make sense TO YOU to pull someone over for not using a signal, what if this instance causes drivers in GA to be more conscious of using signals, which in turn can make for safer driving. You have to look at the big picture.

I just think it is easy to call the police jerks when they are usually only jerks to someone that is doing wrong. Key word, usually.

Originally Posted by j d0t win

Iverson, 35, was a passenger in a grey Lamborghini, spied by an Atlanta officer changing lanes without signaling about 6 p.m. on March 30, according to the police report obtained by CNN.

Cmon really? They pulled them over for that
laugh.gif
, they'll find anything to pull a exotic car over driven by a black male

Though Iverson's actions was very, very uncalled for, I would have to agree with this statement.

Iverson, 35, was a passenger in a grey Lamborghini, spied by an Atlanta officer changing lanes without signaling about 6 p.m. on March 30, according to the police report obtained by CNN.

laugh.gif

Though Iverson's actions was very, very uncalled for, I would have to agree with this statement.

If these cops saw the car from the back and
pulled him over for not signaling, then they
couldn't have known they were black with that
low profile a car. The only way they would
have known their race would be if they saw
the two pass them and decided to follow. 

(Unless they were in a convertible) 

If these cops saw the car from the back and
pulled him over for not signaling, then they
couldn't have known they were black with that
low profile a car. The only way they would
have known their race would be if they saw
the two pass them and decided to follow. 

(Unless they were in a convertible) 

pulled over for not signaling ... i would have been ignorant as hell too ... *#*@$@% ridiculous ...

pulled over for not signaling ... i would have been ignorant as hell too ... *#*@$@% ridiculous ...

Originally Posted by Gameover2

laugh.gif

Just to play devil's advocate, how do we know the Lambo didn't have its windows tinted?  How would the cop know the race of the driver? 

Originally Posted by Gameover2

laugh.gif

Just to play devil's advocate, how do we know the Lambo didn't have its windows tinted?  How would the cop know the race of the driver? 

I live in Atlanta, and MAJORITY of drivers don't signal to change lanes...sheeeyit, MOST folks don't even signal

when they make a turn here.

Back
Top Bottom