Am I depriving myself by not watching these films?

I am 25 y/o. I have never seen any of the Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, or Twilight movies. They are a HUGE success and will most likely go down in history. I was cool on Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings as I eventually became an adult so it wasn't expected of me to go and watch them but this new Twilight phenomenon has EVERYONE hooked...even adults. My one dude is 30 y/o and him and his girl went to go see the last one when it came out. 

So NT, do I owe it to myself to watch any of these movies? Is it worth it?

You can miss Harry Potter and Twilight and be ok. Your just at the right age where you say you're too old for Harry Potter and (obviously) you didn't have a girl during the Twilight craze.

You might wanna check out LotR, if you get a chance. I'm not even the type to be into a movie like that, but I homie dragged me to see the first movie....he didn't have any problems getting me to go with him to see the other two.
pimp.gif

I never seen star wars, lord of the rings or twilight and I have no plans to.

HP was tolerable. LoTR was legit.

Saw like 10 minutes of Twilight on Showtime a couple weeks ago though and it was horrible.

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

I've never watched any of the Star Wars movies. I might be alone on that one.

Just watch the Family Guy movies, and pretend you did.

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Iceberg Slim

No for Lord of the Rings. Those movies suck and I've never seen one of them in its entirety

Lets go over this again.

1. He makes the brash statement that, "The movies suck."
2. He admits he hasn't ever seen one from start to end.

Originally Posted by capuT

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

You can miss Harry Potter and Twilight and be ok.
i'd say to watch LoTR though

spend 1 lazy Sunday watching the LOTR trilogy.. you wont regret it..

this is coming from a person who hates watching fantasy films.

Originally Posted by JPZx

No for Lord of the Rings. Those movies suck and I've never seen one of them in its entirety

Lets go over this again.

laugh.gif
 i hate those closet-minded responses 

You're definitely missing LoTR - those are great movies.

You'll want to see them before The Hobbit comes out next year too.

Harry Potter was enjoyable. They obviously started as kids movies (and books) but by the time you get to the third one they improve and then you'll probably want to see how the story ends.

If Lord of the Rings is a trilogy I haven't watched all and don't really care to.

I tried watching the Harry Potter movies but I just wasn't engaged and couldn't get through it.

I watched I think two Twilight movies earlier this year or last year just to see what the fuss about. Wish I could get my time back. I commented on it in another thread, it's just not good, bad story, worse acting. I'll never see what's the fuss about it.

Lets go over this again.

indifferent.gif
And why do you think I havent seen one of them in its entirety? Because I started watching it, hated it, and turned it off? Or is that too unlikely of a scenario?

Id say watch LOTR and maybe Harry Potter, twilight is bearable just not competing with the other two.
Off topic watch the movie driver its 
pimp.gif

Lets go over this again.

indifferent.gif
And why do you think I havent seen one of them in its entirety? Because I started watching it, hated it, and turned it off? Or is that too unlikely of a scenario?
That doesn't mean that they suck. It means you didn't like them. Very big difference.

If I dont like them what else am I supposed to say? He asked if he should watch them and I told him how I felt about the movies

Back
Top Bottom