Am I depriving myself by not watching these films?

There are so many really good movies out there that don't get the same press or publicity, I think you will be ok if you don't watch the popular but boring ones

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by Iceberg Slim

No for Lord of the Rings. Those movies suck and I've never seen one of them in its entirety
Lets go over this again.

1. He makes the brash statement that, "The movies suck."
2. He admits he hasn't ever seen one from start to end.
Hold up though, some movies are so bad to ppl that they literally will not subject themselves to watching it in it's entirety. I think those situations speak to how much a person felt a movie sucked more so than being close minded. Just because he says the movie sucked and that he didn't watch it in it's entirety does not mean he's close minded. You can't be seriously saying you need to watch a movie in it's entirety to tell if whether or not it sucks.

Aint like he put a time on how much of it he watched. 3 minutes, well that's ignorant. 30 minutes, now that's understandable.

The Twilight series are awful books and even worse movies. Crappy action, terrible dialogue, and some of the worst acting performances you'll see.

Lord of the Rings was an epic series worthy of a watch, very well reviewed and great films.

Harry Potter is pretty enjoyable. Everyone will say the books are superior, but on their own the films are still good. By the third movie the series picks up and goes to a lot darker places with deeper/heavier themes.

There's a lot more classic out there you probably haven't seen that are "more worthy" but regardless, Lord of the Rings for sure, and Harry Potter was really entertaining over the course of a franchise, and Twilight is just a flat out terrible movie series.

Go watch Twilight for real. My lil sis put me on...
pimp.gif
 lol TEAM BELLA!! Dont judge me

Originally Posted by JPZx

No for Lord of the Rings. Those movies suck and I've never seen one of them in its entirety

Lets go over this again.

1. He makes the brash statement that, "The movies suck."
2. He admits he hasn't ever seen one from start to end.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

That doesn't mean that they suck. It means you didn't like them. Very big difference.
Why you pretending like there's a literal objective fact on if a movie sucks or not? Of course he's stating his opinion on what he thinks about the movie. There is no difference because there is no objective fact.

For any movie you want to claim "actually sucks" there's someone out there that likes and even loves it no matter the amount of ppl who think it sucks. There's ppl who like Sucker Punch and probably saw it multiple times. Just like I don't need to watch all of Epic Movie to know that it sucks.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

That doesn't mean that they suck. It means you didn't like them. Very big difference.
Why you pretending like there's a literal objective fact on if a movie sucks or not? Of course he's stating his opinion on what he thinks about the movie. There is no difference because there is no objective fact.

For any movie you want to claim "actually sucks" there's someone out there that likes and even loves it no matter the amount of ppl who think it sucks. There's ppl who like Sucker Punch and probably saw it multiple times. Just like I don't need to watch all of Epic Movie to know that it sucks.
I'm not pretending, there is. You need to look at in terms of overall filmmaking quality: direction, production value, acting, cinematography, costuming, script, quality of adaptation from source material, and score. All of these are measurable attributes that can be critically judged.

The movies excel in these categories. Critical reviews, film scholars, the Academy of motion picture arts and sciences, and the general public have the same consensus that the trilogy does not suck.

Just because someone doesn't like the actual film, has no interest in the material, or can't sit through it doesn't mean that they suck. It means that they did not like it.

Originally Posted by megatron

lord of the rings is boring as hell b
didnt you say in your first post that you didnt watch it?  quit trollin kid.

if you have some free time, I would definitely recommend the LoTR series.  Theres a reason they won so many Oscars.

Harry Potter is the truth. I never watch Lord of the Rings and I was tricked by those damn commercials into watching Twilight. I was big on True Blood and vampire stuff at the time so I decided to watch Twilight and it was the worst.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I'm not pretending, there is. You need to look at in terms of overall filmmaking quality: direction, production value, acting, cinematography, costuming, script, quality of adaptation from source material, and score. All of these are measurable attributes that can be critically judged.

The movies excel in these categories. Critical reviews, film scholars, the Academy of motion picture arts and sciences, and the general public have the same consensus that the trilogy does not suck.

Just because someone doesn't like the actual film, has no interest in the material, or can't sit through it doesn't mean that they suck. It means that they did not like it.
That is not objective fact. That's creating a standard based on opinion. There is no quantitative measurement on quality. Those things you bring up can be critically judged but they do not dictate on whether or not a film sucks, it's just something made up to see if a movie passes the grade.

I can say right now based off what you just mentioned that if a movie doesn't excel in acting, script, and direction/cinematography it can get the label of "sucks"

Lord of the Ring was good. I watched all three back-back-back one day that I was off while I was deployed.

Harry Potter, I watched the first 2 I think, then took my kids to see one of the later ones, but that's it.

Twilight? I was forced to watch them, hated every moment of it. Me and my Ex would argue over how dumb they were.

I like the twilight movies. Dont care what anyone says
You like the Twilight movies, but say Lord of the Rings sucks?  
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Your opinion on this matter can no longer be taken seriously.

Originally Posted by dadecounty11

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Saw this coming but I'm not even mad.

Originally Posted by dadecounty11

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Saw this coming but I'm not even mad.
Are you a girl by chance?

Watch LOTR and HP for sure.  HP gets darker and more mature as the story line progresses 

Back
Top Bottom