Am I the only one who hates this move?

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

It's only wrong when Javale McGee does it
no, it's super right when mcgee does it 
laugh.gif

au contraire mon ami, ive always been aware on the court. maybe thats why these "amazing" tricks and 360s and no look passes dont appeal as much to me as a 48 year old commentator. i was on some ricky rubio steez. but im 5'8 and lose breath fairly quick so i stopped playing a long time ago lol.

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

au contraire mon ami, ive always been aware on the court. maybe thats why these "amazing" tricks and 360s and no look passes dont appeal as much to me as a 48 year old commentator. i was on some ricky rubio steez. but im 5'8 and lose breath fairly quick so i stopped playing a long time ago lol.

llull_destroys_pretty_ricky.gif

It's about his awareness not the actual move btw.

I've always loved that Starbury move on Divac, I just wish he would have made the shot.

Side note-- That play was in the best All-Star game of all time in my opinion. MJ's last one comes in a close 2nd, but this one was amazing to watch the East come back from like 25+ in the 4th quarter, Starbury put on a show in the 4th. I remember VC had a 360 in a half court set
laugh.gif

I recorded that game via VCR and must have watched that tape atleast 10 times, if I'm not mistaken it may have been the same ASW as that J-Rich off Boozer's dome play in the Rookie/Soph game.

Originally Posted by Wade187

He could have just passed it in the first place, move was pointless as hell
People with these types of comments do not watch a lot of Laker basketball.

The cleanest pass was to Blake but Blake was hesitating ALL NIGHT and messing up. He was like 1-13 too
roll.gif

Fisher has been shooting even worse than Blake on this road trip. Bynum was missing wide open layups and Gasol usually clanks those jumpers.

The only argument with this play is that Fisher was wide open after Kobe broke out of the double team and Fisher sometimes hits those clutch shots. However, he is like 3-200 since the last clutch basket he made in December.

The move can not be pointless since you mentioned that he did it because he wanted to score the ball himself. He did not do it to produce a pass but to try to score.

Originally Posted by NikeKid6

Should be allowed in allstar games not regular games

its not illegal, its a shot attempt, rebound, and usually a score. i dont see a problem with it when its done right

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by NikeKid6

Should be allowed in allstar games not regular games

its not illegal, its a shot attempt, rebound, and usually a score. i dont see a problem with it when its done right

Seriously, plus its an entertaining move, and effective.  ..and Nikekid you can't be serious with that comment.

Btw, this thread reminds me of this stupid guy I know who when we were playing basketball I did a spin move and dude called travel. And yes it was a normal spin move, dude was talking bout me moving my pivot foot or somethin I couldnt believe what he was sayin. I was like wow where do you play? Some people don't understand how basketball is played, even though they are big fans and play quite often.
laugh.gif

good move, kobe has been doing that for a long time now... he usually uses when he gets himself in trouble by picking the ball up against a double team.

Back
Top Bottom