Am I the only one who would like these retroed

Nike Air Money Lo
screen-shot-2011-04-19-at-11-18-20-pm.png

Had both colorways when I was a youngin and destroyed them. 

Haha man, GREAT FIND!
The Air Money's! My boy Eddie Jones used to wear these on the Lakers.
I had a pair of these shoes. They were definitely a cool concept, looked pretty sweet
But I didn't like how the top of the shoe (tongue) creased. Didn't look that great.
Also the midsole was a really cheap foam that disintegrated!
Still a shoe that brings back a lot of good memories
smile.gif

Brings back a lot of memories, i just don't think they would sell well if released

I have a deadstock pair of the white/navy Moneys but cant wear them because the rubber midsole is in the early stages of deteriorating. I had a worn pair from 97 that I just threw away a few weeks ago where the midsoles crumbled and the outsole/air unit seperated. I wished they would retro but I doubt they will. It was great low cut basketball shoe.

great shoe but these wouldn't sell in todays market....back when EJ wore them they were something new and different we hadn't seen...only people that i would think would buy them are people that either had them before or want them retro-ed to complete a set....thats not a lot of people IMO.....sorry to rain on your post....im just saying

The foam midsole on the shoe is a piece of @*$$...looks like everyone had the same deteriorating mid-sole like mine.

Recall Ray Allen wearing these as well on the Bucks and I wouldn't mind a having a pair now. That eastbay pic brings back so much memories.

To those who actually wore them for ball, how did that weird lacing system work?  Never owned a pair.  Always wondered.

Yeah memories. I had a friend in high school who I remeber seeing these in Eastbay for the first time with. He HAD to have them and I remember he worked with his dad after school for a while leveling houses to get them. Couldn't tell him nothing. He passed away a few years back so these definitely have some sentimental value for me.

I also remember he bought the Do or Die album with 'po pimp' on it and Nate Dogg's album at the same time he bought the shoes and we would jam those riding around EVERYDAY for months..... while he was wearing his air money's.
roll.gif
smile.gif
smokin.gif

398100953.jpg

Unworn, deadstock but yellowing, air bubble isnt clear and the foam/rubber midsole is like dough.

I remember Reggie had a PE version with 31 on the back. Still looking for a worn green/white/black pair for myself.

Originally Posted by jumpmantwo3

To those who actually wore them for ball, how did that weird lacing system work?  Never owned a pair.  Always wondered.

i had these in like 5th/6th grade (im 25 now 
laugh.gif
 time flies ) and i would say there was no lock down fit with these. underneath the tongue, there were 2 or 3 elastic bands that kept your foot in the shoe so you could wear wit the tongue flapping around if you chose
pimp.gif

grin.gif
 lol but again, you basically was just lacing the sides of the tongue down. there MAY have been 2 holes on the top (in the middle of the top of the tongue) to lace up front but i dont remember...like 13 years ago.
edit: i would llike to agree, these are more of a "memory " shoe. not a great shoe, just a shoe we rremember from back in the day that were so "odd/unique" that theyre hard to forget. nothing special at all

Back
Top Bottom