Amaad Rashad introduces the Spacejams and OG concords

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

NBA on NBC
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I get chills when I hear the theme music. Thats when the NBA was on another level.
x2

Ahmad was actually quite active in promoting the Air Jordans.  He and Michael were good friends (Ahmad was the only person MJ would do an interview with during his famous "media shutout").  I still remember him at the beginning of game 4 of the Finals vs. the Lakers making a big deal over MJ injuring his toe in game 3, and how he had to split the toe box from the end of the tongue to the midsole to relieve some of the pressure.  This was followed by a close up still shot of the altered black/infrared VIs he was wearing.  Then he made sure to inform the viewers that MJ had to switch to a regular pair because he wasn't getting enough support with that altered opening in the shoe.  I kept wondering if they made a big deal out of it as a way of free advertising for the shoes.  I also remember similar shenanigans during the 1994 "A Salute to Michael Jordan" ceremony after his first retirement.  At one point, Ahmad asks MJ to "lace these bad boys up for one more season......just one-more-time?!" as the camera pans over to him stepping back to grab a pair of steel Xs from someone off stage, and then gets a close up of the shoes as he...."hands them to MJ" in a pathetically weak attempt to disguise a shameless plug.

That's when the NBA was on top. Those mid-90's playoff series were always good. I miss those days. I have a lot of those games on DVD and that NBA on NBC theme music is still the best.

That's when the NBA was on top. Those mid-90's playoff series were always good. I miss those days. I have a lot of those games on DVD and that NBA on NBC theme music is still the best.

Originally Posted by Anomaly

NBA on NBC
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I get chills when I hear the theme music. Thats when the NBA was on another level.
x2

Ahmad was actually quite active in promoting the Air Jordans.  He and Michael were good friends (Ahmad was the only person MJ would do an interview with during his famous "media shutout").  I still remember him at the beginning of game 4 of the Finals vs. the Lakers making a big deal over MJ injuring his toe in game 3, and how he had to split the toe box from the end of the tongue to the midsole to relieve some of the pressure.  This was followed by a close up still shot of the altered black/infrared VIs he was wearing.  Then he made sure to inform the viewers that MJ had to switch to a regular pair because he wasn't getting enough support with that altered opening in the shoe.  I kept wondering if they made a big deal out of it as a way of free advertising for the shoes.  I also remember similar shenanigans during the 1994 "A Salute to Michael Jordan" ceremony after his first retirement.  At one point, Ahmad asks MJ to "lace these bad boys up for one more season......just one-more-time?!" as the camera pans over to him stepping back to grab a pair of steel Xs from someone off stage, and then gets a close up of the shoes as he...."hands them to MJ" in a pathetically weak attempt to disguise a shameless plug.

what u not understood'n is that mj was the L.(i think u do) so anything hav'n to do with him was a plus all around. ahmad wasnt calln no shots. lol anything on tv they knew about(the network). ahmad was a plus cuz he was jordan homie tho. but selln shoes on tv happens today all the time.

Originally Posted by Anomaly

NBA on NBC
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

x2

what u not understood'n is that mj was the L.(i think u do) so anything hav'n to do with him was a plus all around. ahmad wasnt calln no shots. lol anything on tv they knew about(the network). ahmad was a plus cuz he was jordan homie tho. but selln shoes on tv happens today all the time.

nba on nbc was the best. I remember watching games on sunday after church as a kid...
I loved when the heat and the knicks played.

nba on nbc was the best. I remember watching games on sunday after church as a kid...
I loved when the heat and the knicks played.

Back
Top Bottom