Amar'e Stoudemire agrees to five-year deal with Knicks

Good move for the Knicks, regardless of whether or not Amare is worth a max deal... at least they didn't strike out.

Good move for the Knicks, regardless of whether or not Amare is worth a max deal... at least they didn't strike out.

pimp.gif

Now if we can just get the King
grin.gif

Good move. Even with Bron you aren't contenders, but at least you'll be exciting. They get a good two guard or even Tony and this will be a team to watch.

Good move. Even with Bron you aren't contenders, but at least you'll be exciting. They get a good two guard or even Tony and this will be a team to watch.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Good deal for the Knicks ASSUMING they can lure in "other" pieces.....if not, it's going to be more of the same for NY.
We'll definitely lure other pieces. Still got around 17 million in cap room and an expiring $11 million contract. It's all about who we add.

My Knicks have been the laughing stock of the NBA for the past 10 years. I'm happy to be moving in the right direction.

Good move. He'll be great in D'Antoni's system again.

What's this about a sign and trade for Monta?

2002 NBA Draft - #9 Suns Amare, #7 Knicks draft Nene - trade him, Camby, Mark Jackson for Denver's McDyess, Denver's 1st rd (25) Frank Williams,  03 2nd rd. Maciej Lampe

2002 NBA Draft - #9 Suns Amare, #7 Knicks draft Nene - trade him, Camby, Mark Jackson for Denver's McDyess, Denver's 1st rd (25) Frank Williams,  03 2nd rd. Maciej Lampe

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Good deal for the Knicks ASSUMING they can lure in "other" pieces.....if not, it's going to be more of the same for NY.
We'll definitely lure other pieces. Still got around 17 million in cap room and an expiring $11 million contract. It's all about who we add.

My Knicks have been the laughing stock of the NBA for the past 10 years. I'm happy to be moving in the right direction.

Good move. He'll be great in D'Antoni's system again.

What's this about a sign and trade for Monta?

The Knicks will obviously be a much better team but assuming they dont land LeBron, I dont think the combination of Amare + star guard + Gallinari + role players is enough to really compete for a title. At least Knick fans can now look forward to the playoffs.

The Knicks will obviously be a much better team but assuming they dont land LeBron, I dont think the combination of Amare + star guard + Gallinari + role players is enough to really compete for a title. At least Knick fans can now look forward to the playoffs.

I'm reading some rumors he may take 5 years/96 million, not a big deal.. but at least it wouldn't be 100 million even
laugh.gif

Amare's weaknesses aside, he's still a top PF in the game and instantly the biggest player the Knicks have gotten in years (of course that speaks more to the terribly quality of the team, but I digress)

I'm glad they didn't play the waiting game, better to get a player and make a move, than to wait on Lebron and have the worst case scenario happen... Amare to NJ/Miami/Chicago, then we strike out completely. People can laugh at the contract, but Amare was getting a max deal somewhere... there's no doubt about it. I don't think he's worth max money, but there are numerous players who don't deserve every penny, so I'm not upset about it.

He's also embracing the city and team, going to shows, baseball games, excited with the people and press... he wants to be here. Yeah, yeah, critics will say he just wants the money, but he still chose the team at the end of the day. Now we just need another domino to fall..

I'm reading some rumors he may take 5 years/96 million, not a big deal.. but at least it wouldn't be 100 million even
laugh.gif

Amare's weaknesses aside, he's still a top PF in the game and instantly the biggest player the Knicks have gotten in years (of course that speaks more to the terribly quality of the team, but I digress)

I'm glad they didn't play the waiting game, better to get a player and make a move, than to wait on Lebron and have the worst case scenario happen... Amare to NJ/Miami/Chicago, then we strike out completely. People can laugh at the contract, but Amare was getting a max deal somewhere... there's no doubt about it. I don't think he's worth max money, but there are numerous players who don't deserve every penny, so I'm not upset about it.

He's also embracing the city and team, going to shows, baseball games, excited with the people and press... he wants to be here. Yeah, yeah, critics will say he just wants the money, but he still chose the team at the end of the day. Now we just need another domino to fall..

they will still suck.  i doubt lebron will go to ny.  playing for the knicks is career suicide.  

they will still suck.  i doubt lebron will go to ny.  playing for the knicks is career suicide.  

Originally Posted by shogun

so what is playing for the cavs like then?

Originally Posted by shogun

so what is playing for the cavs like then?

Im puzzled..... Is Tracy mcgrady signed with the Knicks, where is he at now? No one is mentioning his name in any of these threads, did I MISS something?

Back
Top Bottom