Amazon Prime Video Thread : Mr & Mrs Smith

1612396753124.jpeg

The Wilds :pimp: One of the better series I seen in past few years highly recommend watching season 1 if you haven’t yet
Checked out the first two episodes. I’m all the way in bro.

I understand how they jump between the pre-crash life, crash life and the present but what has me confused after two episodes is the folks running the experiment being so concerned about the death of Jeannette (Asian girl) because she was an “operative”. So I assume she works for them but then they had that dude with the motor boat drop off more ****
for the “operative” to pick up so I guess that means there’s ANOTHER person who’s in on it? Or do they just call all of them operatives? I guess I’m only 20% of the way in and jumping the gun but I’m super into the show :lol: Maybe episode 3 will provide clarity

Last edited:
Arthur Shelby Arthur Shelby just finished The Wilds :wow: :wow: :wow:

I definitely jumped the gun with my last post after only two episodes :lol: I guess I just have a curious mind like my girl Leah who I heavily **** with. The way she trapped the author was grimey AF but aside from that, she was soooooooooo on point on the island. Top 2 subject and she ain’t 2. I would also smash in real life (I checked - she’s 24 :lol: )

I was mad AF that Nora was the operative. Her voice/cadence is beyond annoying. Anyway, obviously they would want you to think it’s Dot, and even though I didn’t suspect anything, Nora makes sense because of all her random knowledge and naivety. It’s ****ed up because her participation is pretty self-serving and none of the other girls had a choice in the matter :smh:

Gretchen is the grimiest of them all so it’s fitting that her son is a murderer. Aside from being the orchestrator of all this, she’s manipulative, deceitful and cutthroat to an extreme. Can’t believe Nora worked for her after finding that out despite the speech about women :smh:

I am extremely curious about ow many seasons this will go, though. In her practice pitch she said it was 12 weeks (kind of odd because that’s a whole summer) and the last episode was Day 23 but they didn’t tell us how long it’s been when they’re getting interrogated. So here’s the breakdown I got:
  • Leah - Alive, in captivity, suspicious and trying to make moves
  • Dorothy - Alive and in captivity
  • Shelby - Alive, not sure where she’s staying, on crutches, bald
  • Rachel - Alive but part of her arm is amputated
  • Martha - Either dead or maimed because they are worried about a lawsuit
  • Nora - ?????
  • Fatin - ?????
  • Tina - ?????

Based on the final scene, looks like they’re doing the same thing with dudes :wow:

This is one of those times I wish I had multiple seasons to binge. Joint was excellent. Thanks for the recommendation, man :nthat:

Sheesh I just watched episode 1 of Tell Me Your Secrets

it was good/interesting but idk, show is very dark and evil

Ok, Invincible is legit legit.

Man, Prime has been puttin out fire content so far this year. This joint, Flack, Tell me your secrets.

Edit: :lol: @ their high school being called Reginald VelJohnson High.

Last edited:
I think Invincible is the one comic book title that I was shocked to realize was that good. Kirkman did a great job with that series. I am enjoying the show so far and the voice cast. If they continue with the same arc, the show is only going to get better.

Wow might be my memory but they really got Robot plotting way earlier than he originally was :lol:

Big fan of Invincible comic. Watched the first 3 episodes last weekend and I think they were really well done.

Really looking forward to watching this series in it's entirety.

Bruh. That **** got REALLY dark, REALLY quick. The story also picked up expeditiously and the high tempo continued throughout.
  • Mary killing Esther :wow: :wow:
    [*]John Taylor raping again :wow: :wow:
    [*]Emma being into black dudes :pimp:
    [*]John getting close to Emma and Tom :smh:
    [*]The more I learn about the characters and the more their motives change, the more I dislike them - Emma, John, Mary, Rose. Jay (the fat black kid) and Tom (cop) are the realest characters on the show.
    [*]Mary and Emma teaming up to murk John Taylor and dispose of the body :wow: :wow: :wow:

[*]Finding out Theresa was Kit’s real love and accomplice :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

[*]Pete is a scumbag and doesn’t deserve that baddie :smh:
    [*]Mary at the presser just straight up lying and giving up Karen’s new location and identity :wow: :smh:
    [*]Rose’s Dad is a creep :sick: :smh: And he’s colluding with Pete :wow:
    [*]B2B scenes with John still alive and the swim coach getting popped :wow: :wow:
    [*]Theresa still alive, taking the baby and being the real monster :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:
This show is the goods. So many twists and turns. I’m shook of how everything played out. Definitely looking forward to Season 2. Lots of open items and intriguing storylines for them to explore.
I said I wasn’t sure I wanted to keep going after the darkness of episode 1 but I decided to power thru, I’m on episode 5 now... I haven’t read y’all’s spoilers yet but as I’m watching these episodes im keeping tabs on clues on potential left turns and surprises... show is pretty good after all but idk I’d recommend to many people 😂

Wow might be my memory but they really got Robot plotting way earlier than he originally was :lol:
I like the modern takes. I read through the original series and enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing it adapted in cartoon form.

My only “issues” is it would be impossible to adapt into live action a la Walking Dead. Just prohibitively expensive due to the effects. Imagine episode four live action with martians, space ships, deep space, those squid creatures, etc.

I do wish the animation/art quality was a little higher. But it is what it is.

I like the modern takes. I read through the original series and enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing it adapted in cartoon form.

My only “issues” is it would be impossible to adapt into live action a la Walking Dead. Just prohibitively expensive due to the effects. Imagine episode four live action with martians, space ships, deep space, those squid creatures, etc.

I do wish the animation/art quality was a little higher. But it is what it is.
I mean I imagine they could do it similar to The Boys, granted that show is way more grounded

Plus it helps if they wanted to the show is on Amazon not AMC. If they believed in it they got the money to give it a huge budget.

But I guess it is best its a cartoon.

Last edited:
Bro...you’d need Star Wars, Avatar, Man of Steel money X 50 for probably 100 episodes (If they condensed the story). Not trying to spoil Viltrium...but I just can’t see them giving it the proper treatment. It’s like Dragon Ball being adopted for Live Action. It CAN be done. It would just cost a lot to do the proper treatment AND tell the story completely. In this case, I’d just prefer another studio handle it for better animation.

But I completely didn’t realize Kirkland wrote Marvel Zombies. That would be dope if given the treatment.

Back
Top Bottom