Amazon Prime Video Thread : Mr & Mrs Smith

finished my rewatch of counterpart.
If there was ever a show that could do the whole "reboot" "revival" angle its that show.

might rewatch the night manager next

Thank goodness for NT. I don’t go searching for Amazon Prime content like I do NFLX so it comes down to the various TV threads and this one for me to find out what’s good on Amazon Prime. Saw “Tell Me Your Secrets” and it sounded like something I might be interested in.

Just watched Episode 1 and I’m in. Pretty excited they’re 10, ~50 minute episodes. Mary Barlow seems super unhinged. Can’ wait to see how this plays out.

Tell Me Your Secrets was wild

Down to watch a S2 just to see where they go with it
Bruh. That **** got REALLY dark, REALLY quick. The story also picked up expeditiously and the high tempo continued throughout.
  • Mary killing Esther :wow: :wow:
    [*]John Taylor raping again :wow: :wow:
    [*]Emma being into black dudes :pimp:
    [*]John getting close to Emma and Tom :smh:
    [*]The more I learn about the characters and the more their motives change, the more I dislike them - Emma, John, Mary, Rose. Jay (the fat black kid) and Tom (cop) are the realest characters on the show.
    [*]Mary and Emma teaming up to murk John Taylor and dispose of the body :wow: :wow: :wow:

[*]Finding out Theresa was Kit’s real love and accomplice :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

[*]Pete is a scumbag and doesn’t deserve that baddie :smh:
    [*]Mary at the presser just straight up lying and giving up Karen’s new location and identity :wow: :smh:
    [*]Rose’s Dad is a creep :sick: :smh: And he’s colluding with Pete :wow:
    [*]B2B scenes with John still alive and the swim coach getting popped :wow: :wow:
    [*]Theresa still alive, taking the baby and being the real monster :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:
This show is the goods. So many twists and turns. I’m shook of how everything played out. Definitely looking forward to Season 2. Lots of open items and intriguing storylines for them to explore.

Last edited:
Wow so you really spoiling a show that just came out?
My bad. Despite being in the title, I figured it had been out for a month so there was ample time for those who were interested to watch. In my experience in the past there’s usually a grace period after which things generally aren’t posted in a spoiler; however, I understand your point and have put my notes in a spoiler.

I apologize for my negligence and insensitivity. Its a good show and I would definitely recommend it.

:rofl: chill, you good man. Ima start this show this weekend tho.

Negligence :lol:
It was negligent :lol: I think you’ll like it, though. It gets going pretty quick which is good. I had someone recommend a show to me recently and say “You need to suffer through the first three episodes and then...”:stoneface:

My bad. Despite being in the title, I figured it had been out for a month so there was ample time for those who were interested to watch. In my experience in the past there’s usually a grace period after which things generally aren’t posted in a spoiler; however, I understand your point and have put my notes in a spoiler.

I think shows/movies that have their own thread, the convo starts as soon as the episode drops. But in the general Netflix/Prime/Max threads, most folks always use spoilers about a particular show.

Atleast thats my rule, I never enter in a specific show thread until im caught up.

It was negligent :lol: I think you’ll like it, though. It gets going pretty quick which is good. I had someone recommend a show to me recently and say “You need to suffer through the first three episodes and then...”:stoneface:

Im starting ep 4 right now. This show is wild af. Ill prolly finish it today tbh.

OH ****!
. So Kamala Parker’s daughter is tied up with these Killers after all? So Kit said he didn’t kill her, that means Emma is a crazed Killer after all? Man I’m just on episode 9. But they found that grave thinking it was Theresa and it turns out it wasn’t her after all, it was Theresa Walker? Oh wow

OH ****!
. So Kamala Parker’s daughter is tied up with these Killers after all? So Kit said he didn’t kill her, that means Emma is a crazed Killer after all? Man I’m just on episode 9. But they found that grave thinking it was Theresa and it turns out it wasn’t her after all, it was Theresa Walker? Oh wow
Just finished the show. Wow. It was :wow: after :wow: after :wow: during those last 2 eps. Show was super wild. All the way in for S2.
The last two epis were :wow: :smokin

Holy Mother Fwording S.word
Boy was I wrong.
These twists just keep coming.
One. After another. After another.

Ive never in my life seen such Fwordery in a finale.
Impossible to see any of that coming.
I have 10minutes left.
What next?

. 1. I don’t understand why they didn’t call the cops after they got John subdued. 2. I don’t get why Saul left and all of the CC receipts he left laid out on the table. Did he think that she was having an affair with John, or did he catch her affair with the other little Boy? 3. I don’t get why Mary killed the swim Coach 4. Who was it that went and picked up Freya and had been visiting her? 5.Why did she(The black lady who had been overseeing Freya) let Karen Miller come and pick up Freya up, she said “Karen” had been visiting Freya since she was little? How does she fit into this plan? She’s indebted to Esther why? Is Theresa still alive and is she the , oh snap. Theresa got the baby Freya!

. 1. I don’t understand why they didn’t call the cops after they got John subdued. 2. I don’t get why Saul left and all of the CC receipts he left laid out on the table. Did he think that she was having an affair with John, or did he catch her affair with the other little Boy? 3. I don’t get why Mary killed the swim Coach 4. Who was it that went and picked up Freya and had been visiting her? 5.Why did she(The black lady who had been overseeing Freya) let Karen Miller come and pick up Freya up, she said “Karen” had been visiting Freya since she was little? How does she fit into this plan? She’s indebted to Esther why? Is Theresa still alive and is she the , oh snap. Theresa got the baby Freya!
Lemme see if I can answer some of these :lol:
  1. If I had to guess it’s probably because they both had secrets that they knew John would likely tell the folks in town about and they didn’t want to risk it. Until the final scene I thought they killed him tbh.
  2. I think he did it just to show that he found out she’d been lying and was even more obsessed than he thought despite her acting like she was over it
  3. I think the swim coach molested Theresa as a child which is why she wanted to quit swim
  4. That was Theresa bro!!!!
  5. Bingo! Theresa knew about the arrangement with Esther so she posed as “Karen Miller” for years during her regular visits then finally took her. So Theresa is in fact alive and she took the baby so S2 will be Emma hunting down Theresa.
storm2006 storm2006

Karen has John's briefcase, I was hoping they'd show her see the video Mary killing her old foster grandma.

:wow: I think I kind of missed that. Did she take it after they beat him down? I’m not sure what contact she’ll maintain with Mary but I have a feeling she’ll find out in S2.

Back
Top Bottom