Amazon Prime Video Thread : Mr & Mrs Smith

How does watching this benefit you or the fight against racism?
It’s a fictional TV show.. i didn’t say “ watching this show, it’ll benefit your life! It fights racism!”. This isn’t an MLK documentary, its a supernatural horror show..

with that being said, it shows the trials and tribulations of being black in an all white neighborhood, and what they have to overcome

It’s a fictional TV show.. i didn’t say “ watching this show, it’ll benefit your life! It fights racism!”. This isn’t an MLK documentary, its a supernatural horror show..

with that being said, it shows the trials and tribulations of being black in an all white neighborhood, and what they have to overcome
Oh ok

Finished them last night.

I didn’t know who Lena waithe was so googled her and I did enjoy master of none and the Chi which she has parts in. I watched “them” unbiasedly though.

It’s really gruesome: There’s rape, lynchings, N-word, kids killed, black peoples tortured by whites. It’s not for the faint of heart. If that kind of stuff you can’t handle or you good on seeing those things, this isn’t gonna be for you. For me, although it’s gruesome, it’s real.
People on this forum screaming from the rooftops about racism, but then when it’s shown how bad it was, don’t want any part of seeing it.
After watching it, it’s not as good as US, or get out, it’s B-class horror show, I’d put on the same level as American horror story.
I think some poor reviews because the show will definitely evoke some white guilt and be too much for some.
There’s still a strong message of deep-rooted racism during the 1940s-1950s (just our grandparents generation). The bank’s, the police, the real estate agents, the settlers, the neighbors, everyone on every level were taking advantage of the black folk. It’s an important message.. that resonates with everything going on today.
Story was interesting enough to keep me watching, but by last few episodes, left something more to be desired.
6.5-7/10

If I was one of the white actors you couldn’t pay me enough to be in this. I couldn’t make myself stay in character with some of that dialogue or scenes.

It was too much at times. Shock value is cool for movies with sadistic alien in deep space or a possessed doll in a glass case, but it doesn’t feel good to see something on screen that could be something that happens in real life.

Them was kinda wack. Sat all the way thru to get the origin story for nothing. Ending was meh. All style, played-out substance. Lot of **** that made zero sense.

What the hell was the point of the main white girl antagonist's kidnapping? What payoff does the audience get with that wrinkle in her story/ending?

The little girl put on an acting clinic tho.

Didn't understand that either. Only satisfaction was her ending. Still not sure why that extra plot was shown.

storm2006 storm2006 Nouss Nouss
I just finished Tell me your secrets

Glad i stuck with it, show was dope. So many scumbag characters. Mary Barlow was pretty fascinating to me. Obviously she was a grieving and desperate mom but the way she would cross the line to being a freaking lunatic was wild. She looks like she used to be a DIME in her heyday.
The cop falling in love with Emma so fast was a stretch lol

storm2006 storm2006 Nouss Nouss
I just finished Tell me your secrets

Glad i stuck with it, show was dope. So many scumbag characters. Mary Barlow was pretty fascinating to me. Obviously she was a grieving and desperate mom but the way she would cross the line to being a freaking lunatic was wild. She looks like she used to be a DIME in her heyday.
The cop falling in love with Emma so fast was a stretch lol
Emma’s yambs must got the juice famb :lol:

Agreed about young Mary but I would still smash 2021 Mary too idcidcidc.Not getting mixed up in her crazy plot doe :lol:

Well...there are definitely differences with the source material but the end of the season is clear for old Mark.

Well...there are definitely differences with the source material but the end of the season is clear for old Mark.
Yeah, they're starting to make small changes here and there and while some outcomes will be the same the how is different.

Good for anybody who recently read the comic thinking it'll be the same thing.

Last edited:
Wish I never started paying attention to the animation in Invincible. The low framerate, the motion blur, generic mouth movements etc. I can't unsee it. Still enjoy it though, it being animated no reason they can't give us more story sooner.

Wish I never started paying attention to the animation in Invincible. The low framerate, the motion blur, generic mouth movements etc. I can't unsee it. Still enjoy it though, it being animated no reason they can't give us more story sooner.
The music they play in the show and the cast is what helps me look past the animation.

Another solid episode. Definitely changes from the original comic, but it's honestly refreshing and new to me.

amber..

1619140795090.gif

Yeah, they're starting to make small changes here and there and while some outcomes will be the same the how is different.

Good for anybody who recently read the manga thinking it'll be the same thing.
Bro. I reread the whole run. Again spoilers so won’t really discuss. But I hope the animated series fixes some of the comic book’s clunky/juvenile writing. And the fights can move toward Dragon Ball or Anime standards.

Oh wow. They added a lot. Great action and stretches out the story cuz this definitely isn't how Omni-Man revealed why he killed the guardians of how the world found out :lol:

The Immortal mad MAD.

Props to whoever is making the changes.

For only eight episode seasons, the quality could at least be on the level of Boondocks. It just seems stiff and a lost opportunity.
Oh wow. They added a lot. Great action and stretches out the story
I felt like the Omni Man Story was definitely a bit stretched out but I’m okay with the divergence. Also how other events are accelerated (Robot, Re-Animen, etc).

Back
Top Bottom