Amazon Prime Video Thread : Mr & Mrs Smith

Without Remorse was meh. No personality, nothing memorable just a background time filler. No replay value. It's not even bad like trash, just cliché after cliché. You knew what the twist was as soon as you saw Guy Pearce.
Kudos to MBJ being the lead. Clearly their setting up to make more so I hope they give it more life.

I’m curious to how close to the book the movie was? It’s like they took the scenario and that was it. Disregarded the characterization, non combat story.

Without Remorse was cool, I came in expecting nothing but action so wasn’t surprised the story wasn’t that long or complicated …They already setting up the sequels

Just seems...that the exposition and storytelling in a Tom Clancy’s book is lost.

Besides the name in the movie title, sort of politics...it could’ve been called Michael B Jordan blows some stuff up.

Just seems...that the exposition and storytelling in a Tom Clancy’s book is lost.

Besides the name in the movie title, sort of politics...it could’ve been called Michael B Jordan blows some stuff up.
Yea I think they setting up to take the movies in its own direction, just using the book and character name for marketing purposes

I was referring to him wanting to know the name of the person who got away
Oh :lol:

I'm not sure what his plan was there. Maybe escape on bail or maybe he was expecting to still get away after getting the name given the chaos of the burning car.

It's a bit odd the police automatically thought he was the criminal when he got out a burning car though.

Last edited:
One question I had was how his gunshot scars healed so quickly. They were nowhere to be seen when he was swimming or awaiting to fight in prison lol

Finally watched the finale...

1620100528509.gif

And man couldnt help but feel for Debbie the whole damn time.. this dude mark finds out that his mother knows she got called a pet and other shh on top of all the other shhh and dude can’t just go and give her a hug and ask how she’s doing

:smh:

Cheaply at that lol.

I actually thought the artwork in the comic book was good by way of Mr. Ottley (and the other artist that came on at the end).

The artwork and animation are my only criticism. It's aiight.

But the voice acting is A1. The actors are all Hollywood actors. The soundtrack is good as well (Shout out to Run the Jewels). And the actual story is very good.

That train scene in episode 8 still got me.

I mean, they at least saved the budget for the finale

instead of some animated stuff where you can clearly see the drop off as the season goes on

but this built up stuff so they could also have that much of the finale be THAT action packed.. we legit care about the people involved and understand stuff going on

Like I've shared, I recommend you guys reading the comic book too. I'm actually itching to re-read them myself.

Excited for Season 2.

Like I've shared, I recommend you guys reading the comic book too. I'm actually itching to re-read them myself.

Excited for Season 2.
I did that. In hindsight, the series is actually written better. And some of the decisions are made for "progression/current time" sake but some other changes were made for the better.

I'm interested in how they handle some of the morality issues later on...

Rewatched the finale, incredible. I expect S2 to be visually better, heck even the voice acting though it was already amazing since it's a bonafide hit.

Also one little thing that was cool to me is the real stakes are so massive, they can gloss over The Immortal and his history and capabilities. Like immortal super powered Abe Lincoln is just a mini flashback.

I think the fact that they got Reginald Vel Johnson (Carl Winslow) to be the voice of the Principal was great lolol.

But the soundtrack and the voice cast of this show was great. Seth Rogan voicing Allen the Alien works so well lol.

Without Remorse

6.2/10

In 1997 8.6/10

I just think we're smarter now.

Also think this is where the director failed the screen writers.

I be dying when the opening sequence and credits pop up randomly on Invincible

Back
Top Bottom