Amazon Prime Video Thread :

People were arguing that amos isn't a psychopath when he is obviously one because I think the book writers denied he was. Anyway, this last season has been great. Only 2 episodes left though.
Well he's not a psychopath in the sense that he needs to keep killing ppl (like Dexter).

He's more of a sociopath who doesn't mind killing ppl without a second thought and can justify doing so to himself.

That Expanse series finale didn't really feel like a series finale. Just a season.

Too many mysteries unanswered or even focused on.

Every episode this season focused on a colony on one of the ring planets where these alien animals are bringing the dead back to life.

They end the threat of Marcos Inaros by getting the Ring entities to wake up and wipe out the Free Navy for them :lol:

There's rumors of a movie but even that won't be able to conclude everything unless its 4 hours.

Good finale but not at all an ending.

That Expanse series finale didn't really feel like a series finale. Just a season.

Too many mysteries unanswered or even focused on.

Every episode this season focused on a colony on one of the ring planets where these alien animals are bringing the dead back to life.

They end the threat of Marcos Inaros by getting the Ring entities to wake up and wipe out the Free Navy for them :lol:

There's rumors of a movie but even that won't be able to conclude everything unless its 4 hours.

Good finale but not at all an ending.

Spinoffs too I can no longer find the article, but movies and spinoffs/prequel were supposedly already in early stages of getting picked up. I'm like you though way to many unanswered questions which I think was done on purpose if the plan on expanding (no pun intended) the expanse universe. Like what happened to that last bit of protomolecule, WTF was the meaning of showing us a space dog that can resurrect things... either way props to Amazon for saving the series and giving it an ending.

The Expanse finale was pretty good. Think the show only covered the first 3 books. It was the final season but amazon gave them a tight budget. People optimistic about spinoffs but besides amazon maybe wanting a few movies I don't think networks want to pick up an expensive spinoff show when the og show wasn't that popular.

The Expanse finale was pretty good. Think the show only covered the first 3 books. It was the final season but amazon gave them a tight budget. People optimistic about spinoffs but besides amazon maybe wanting a few movies I don't think networks want to pick up an expensive spinoff show when the og show wasn't that popular.

It wasn't network's it was all Amazon, Bezos is apparently a big fan of the books and I'm assuming the show too. If anyone has money to blow on it it's him fan boy or not lol. Look at what they've spent on lord of the rings show, I'm sure they can budget for another show or few in that universe. If not I'd be good with a couple movies, that space dog NEEDS to be explained or they're just trolling us which is foul if so. Same with the missing protomolecule.

Yeah i'd imagine there's more coming about that planet, otherwise it's weird as hell to tease us that little bit and be done.

My whole thing is do the rest of the books focus on an entirely new group of characters? I find it weird they'd call this a series finale at all.

When really the show got cancelled. Cuz it seems like the cast and writers would all return.

It wasn't network's it was all Amazon, Bezos is apparently a big fan of the books and I'm assuming the show too. If anyone has money to blow on it it's him fan boy or not lol. Look at what they've spent on lord of the rings show, I'm sure they can budget for another show or few in that universe. If not I'd be good with a couple movies, that space dog NEEDS to be explained or they're just trolling us which is foul if so. Same with the missing protomolecule.
Yeah, bezos saved the show when it was cancelled. The showrunners said amazon gave them only a certain amount of money this season which is why they chose to do 6 episodes. Moving forward amazon seems to have invested a lot into the wheel of time and the upcoming lotr series.

Idk what it was but I just couldn’t get into the Expanse…I gave it a chance tho after all the ads they kept throwing at me :lol:

Idk what it was but I just couldn’t get into the Expanse…I gave it a chance tho after all the ads they kept throwing at me :lol:
Yeah it's a good show, and I eventually finished and liked the whole thing but yeah I felt the same. Never gripped me like I thought I would. Maybe a rewatch some years later will change that.

Yea I watched the entire 1st season of The Expanse. I thought it was a cool concept and well thought out but it just didn't grab my attention.

Same with The Man in The High Castle.

I'll eventually try both again.

It's very difficult to get people into a sci-fi space show that isn't star wars or star trek. Somehow the Battlestar Galactica reboot was able to get a solid fanbase probably because it was an incredible show and the name was familiar. Hearing belters speak remind me of jar jar binks.

Getting through Brittanie episode 1 and boy this **** kinda stupid. I'll run through s1 and see where it goes.

I see Kelly Reilly still wildin over here:sick: what is she typecast as the wildin *** princess?

Last edited:
It's very difficult to get people into a sci-fi space show that isn't star wars or star trek. Somehow the Battlestar Galactica reboot was able to get a solid fanbase probably because it was an incredible show and the name was familiar. Hearing belters speak remind me of jar jar binks.
Speaking of BSG what's any news on the Sam Esmail reboot? You guys can probably tell but I love me some sci-fi. I was pretty excited when I heard about it, as it's one of my favorites. Haven't heard much else about it...really since COVID hit.

1642623083975.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom