Amazon to launch Lord of the Rings "prequel" series

Besos is a wild boy.

1 billion dollar budget for a series? Damn. Making everybody else seem like bums.

Made a statement that Amazon Prime video is the place to come if you want to make that beyond movie quality storytelling with the best talent assembled.

I have high hopes for this show, and don't doubt it will end up good, but I think it Amazon want this to be their own Game of Thrones, they are learning all the wrong lessons from Thrones.

I have high hopes for this show, and don't doubt it will end up good, but I think it Amazon want this to be their own Game of Thrones, they are learning all the wrong lessons from Thrones.

I disagree. They've brought in all the right people. Not only have they brought in some of the best producers and writers in the game, but they're putting a premium on Tolkien's source material by bringing in John Howe and Tom Shippey. You can't get better LOTR people than those two. There isn't a person alive that knows Tolkien's material better than Shippey, nor one who can bring Tolkien's middle-earth to life like Howe. They've definitely hired the right people. All they need now is Howard Shore on the soundtrack, and the production team is set.

Jeff Bezos :nthat:

I disagree. They've brought in all the right people. Not only have they brought in some of the best producers and writers in the game, but they're putting a premium on Tolkien's source material by bringing in John Howe and Tom Shippey. You can't get better LOTR people than those two. There isn't a person alive that knows Tolkien's material better than Shippey, nor one who can bring Tolkien's middle-earth to life like Howe. They've definitely hired the right people. All they need now is Howard Shore on the soundtrack, and the production team is set.

Jeff Bezos :nthat:
I get you points, but...

Nothing you said here has changed my mind. I am sure this will be a high quality show with great production values. Production values that will match the last few season of Thrones. And I am sure it will be faith to the source material.

But we don't know if they will created lovable characters and a interesting grounded human conflict.

And they don't have the creater of the world as a resource.

So I am sure it will be great Television, not sure it will be the next big thing.

Btw, **** Bezos. Dude a clown

I get you points, but...

Nothing you said here has changed my mind. I am sure this will be a high quality show with great production values. Production values that will match the last few season of Thrones. And I am sure it will be faith to the source material.

But we don't know if they will created lovable characters and a interesting grounded human conflict.

And they don't have the creater of the world as a resource.

So I am sure it will be great Television, not sure it will be the next big thing.

Btw, **** Bezos. Dude a clown
If they're spending $ to bring in the best writers, showrunners, directors then by default loveable characters and an interesting conflict will follow. Doubt it'll be grounded or human since this is Middle earth were talking about.

That's what makes the budget so impressive. It isnt just geared to style and the visuals. They're investing in the best storytellers.

So right away I wouldn't even mention GoT they had none of that to start and were simply closely adapting a series of books.

Besos is a wild boy.

1 billion dollar budget for a series? Damn. Making everybody else seem like bums.

Made a statement that Amazon Prime video is the place to come if you want to make that beyond movie quality storytelling with the best talent assembled.

Spending all that money but can’t update that GUI (user experience).

‘The Lord Of The Rings’: Joseph Mawle To Star In Amazon Series

Game Of Thrones alum Joseph Mawle is set as a lead opposite Will Poulter and Markella Kavenagh in Amazon Studios’ Lord of the Rings TV series, I have learned. Amazon had no comment.

The high-profile fantasy series, which hails from writers JD Payne and Patrick McKay and director Juan Antonio (J.A.) Bayona, is set in Middle-earth and explores new storylines preceding J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Fellowship of the Ring.

No details about the characters are being revealed but it is believed that English actor Mawle will play the series’ lead villain, Oren, opposite Poulter’s young hero Beldor and female lead Tyra (Kavenagh)

1571754789494.png

Back
Top Bottom