American Flag

Anytime I see it on someone's truck or car I automatically think they're racist.

Am I trippin?

How can we get a hold on this?

I've remember when the Old Navy flag shorts were a hood staple come the 4th.

I think black and brown people need to start waiving this flag more often.

Anytime I see it on someone's truck or car I automatically think they're racist.

Am I trippin?

How can we get a hold on this?

I've remember when the Old Navy flag shorts were a hood staple come the 4th.

I think black and brown people need to start waiving this flag more often.

I immediately think the same thing. Spent some time in Idaho and then last weekend on the lake in Arkansas and every where you saw American flags followed by Trump & Pence 2021 or MAGA flags. Made me sick and I instantly thought those fools were racist.

On one hand there are success stories of black and brown folks achieving the 'American dream' but I believe far to many have fallen short or are beginning to realize the American flag wasn't made for those same black and brown people. As much of American history is it is extremely complicated.

Of interesting note and along the same topic. I would highly recommend the documentary The Warrior Tradition which discusses how Native Americans have the highest percentage of any race or ethnicity relative to their numbers in the US military but at various times through out history the same US government has tried to exterminate or assimilate those same Native peoples.

I look more so at how the flag is displayed. Someone having it outside of their house, cool. I don't think they're a racist or right leaning. If they're flying more than one flag, then yes cause for concern :lol:

But its weird to me how the "but they're disrespecting the flag" types will wear it, monetize it, do anything but respect it.

Yea you are kinda tripping. Now you’re just looking for ****. If you’re at the point where you feel like the entire country is racist, maybe consider leaving the country. Why not live in a country where the people are the same as you? I get it it, it’s not that easy, but is it harder than overcoming systemic racism? I mean look at what it’s done to how you think.

I see way more of these around my way. Imagine turning your country's flag, a country you love so so much, into something else. "Patriotism".

2pcs-5-Thin-Blue-Line-Flag-Vinyl-Car-Sticker-Blue-Lives-Matter-American-Flag-Car-Stickers.jpg

Yea you are kinda tripping. Now you’re just looking for ****. If you’re at the point where you feel like the entire country is racist, maybe consider leaving the country. Why not live in a country where the people are the same as you? I get it it, it’s not that easy, but is it harder than overcoming systemic racism? I mean look at what it’s done to how you think.

Too easy...........

Clueless

Your dance never ends does it?

Too easy...........

Clueless
Honestly, DC I am. If you’re not talking about doing something to make some kind of change, what are you talking about? The only thing that needs to be discussed is what are we going to do about it.

A random black man looking at a flag as being a racist symbol has absolutely NOTHING to do with whether or not systematic (SYSTEM-atic) racism will be overcome.

Then you use the, "Maybe consider leaving the country" comeback?

Sad.

I remember repping the flag pre 2014 had no stigmas attached. Then **** hit the fan was Trump got into office and the flag just looked so arrogant.

Serious question are we the only country who reps the flag hard? If you go to other countries, do other households have their country flag mounted outside their house or sticker-bombed on their car? Like why do we do it? Why should I wave my country flag to my neighbor? We’re both Americans?

Thinking about elementary school and having to stand up and salute the flag. Every day. Wild. I think by 5th grade I was just doing it sitting down and accepting the mean mugs by my teacher.

It's been especially loudly weaponized by the MAGA people, although it seems like they tend to use it in conjunction with the Blue Lives Matter, Don't Tread on Me, Trump 2020. The MAGA premium package.

I remember post 9/11 and the flag having a more positive connotation.

Flags, religion, politics, pride, etc. Certain people love to weaponize these things as a means of exclusion.

The only thing I've ever voluntarily owned that had some variation of the flag was the Diplomatic Immunity CD.

Am I trippin?
u got this from a meme.
Nah patriotism & racism damn near go hand in hand at least in this country.

Last week I was in the sticks & I saw a black white, and blue american flag(s) in person for the 1st time & looked up what it was. Turns out its blue lives matter flag. I saw multiple of them in that area along w/ very large trump signs, american flags, bunting flags, & 2nd amendment stickers on the trucks.

Although I do plan on moving to different country it isn't b/c I'm running from racism.Why I would run from something as harmful as racism & not try to kill it when it's everywhere?

We need to love our country and we need to rally around Donald Trump. Racism ended when Rocky Balboa and Apollo Creed teamed up in Rocky 3, and this was only proven further when Rocky avenged Apollos death in Rocky IV.

We peaked as a society in 1999 when Method Man and Fred Durst did a song together. Our flag represents strength and freedom and the blue line flag is showing respect for our brave officers putting their lives on the line every day to keep us safe.

I hope this is sarcasm bc you sound exactly like a white supremacist.

I look more so at how the flag is displayed. Someone having it outside of their house, cool. I don't think they're a racist or right leaning. If they're flying more than one flag, then yes cause for concern :lol:

But its weird to me how the "but they're disrespecting the flag" types will wear it, monetize it, do anything but respect it.
Pretty much how I feel. I don't look at someone with just a flag by their front door or on the porch as racist but a few of them all over raises an eyebrow. I'm usually cool with just the flag sticker on the car or flag license plate, but more often than not there's a lot more attached to the car than just the flag....

Edit: Isn't the thin blue line some time of flag violation or nah?

Back
Top Bottom