american gangster > graduation ???

Graduation is far better than American Gangster. The rapping is by no means better on Graduation, but as far as the better album it is no question. Jay-Z is the better rapper, but Kanye is the better artist.

Please enlighten us on this artistry that Kanye posesses.

You can't tell me AG has better production than Graduation.

However, The Cool? Well, lyrically it destroys both albums, but I think Graduation will be a more timeless album than all 3.

i respect everyones opinions that think that AG is better.. i can see where they're coming from.. but im just not convinced.

as good as AG was.. graduation was overall a better cd.

american gangster is the most half-*** concept album ever. i cant believe he even called it a concept album.

to me, AG was a throwback to what made hip hop great, but it didnt bring anything new. it was a refreshing reminder of the past, and for those folks thatmissed out on the RD jay-z.. but to those of us that heard RD, its nothing new.

on a shallow level, kanye outsold hov in his first week (numbers dont lie)

its not just about who had the better lyrics (jay-z) or who had the better beats ('ye) .. its about who had the better album and had a bigger impact in2007.

thats why i think Graduations definitely gotta be album of the year.

Both were good.

They both get play in/on my iPod.

They both got their money from all of us who actually bought the album.

But, Kanye needs to learn how to rap better, but his production was top notch I'll say that.

American Gangster by far..............and it's not even close. Graduation was sort of a let down to me, neither his beats or his lyrics were up to par forme. To me what makes a rapper good is his lyrics, not the beats that he chooses, that's the problem with some of you dudes nowadays, you rank the beats inhigher regards than you do the lyrics, SMH. Even if we're just going off beats alone, Flashing Lights is the only saving grace for Graduation, even stillwith that AG wins by a landslide. Lyrics>Beats.

Top 5 Songs off Graduation > Most of Jay's career. I'm not even saying that for shock value either.
Looks like we have a winner for most asinine comment of 2007, congratulations champ.

AG>>Graduation...I could never get into Graduation..his rapping is so elementary to me and the beats just couldn't make up for it.

Originally Posted by fortheloveofthegame8

Songs I'm not really feeling: American Dreamin', Hello Brooklyn, Pray, Sweet, American Gangster

Overall, both are great albums, but Graduation is significantly better than AG ...
6d425a64847cd89658aac26cd344c50e77a9d33.gif
Illuztrious wrote:
Jay-Z is the better rapper, but Kanye is the better artist.

True Dat.

Top 5 Songs off Graduation > Most of Jay's career. I'm not even saying that for shock value either

e0a259540174c860555a85664a7b7688b98c1af.pjpg

They are both very good albums and as of now there are a couple of joints on Graduation that I've just heard too many times and now I'm not feelinganymore and now I have to skip over. AG I've listened to a lot I can still listen to all the way through and not have to skip a thing so that makes it thebetter album to me.

if you can support your argument (and have it make sense) ill paypal you $20.
that was stupid.
I'll do it for free. Getting ready for the club right now tho'.....

I actually enjoyed Graduation a lot more than Ye's other albums just because there was less of him rapping. But still, AG was BY FAR superior.

And I don't understand either how anyone could not feel American Dreamin'.

Originally Posted by avitale8

I liked Graduation, but American Gangster was Jay embarrassing Kanye....like after AG I haven't listened to Grad since, just because of the rapping that Kanye does, compared to Jay makes Grad seem elementary
word. same thing happened with me, I still bump AG in tha whip every day. I dont even remember tha last time I listened to Graduation, I might give ita listen during my drive to school tommorow.

AG >>>>> Graduation

I see it like this:

If you are more appreciative of the production (especially if you are a beatmaking and sampling enthusiast) aspect of hip-hop, you will find Graduation moreappealing.

On the other hand, if you're just a fan of lyrical wordplay and storytellin' rap magellian...then AG is your fix.

Personally, I'm diggin' Graduation. Jay is just getting back in touch with his Reasoable Doubt days to please the fans that he lost after Vol. 2.---Toolittle, too late IMO.

Alright, listening to a Jay mix I made....might've went a little overboard with that statement, but for real....like....how can ya'll listen to "IWonder" and not hear it's greatness? The last 1:30 of that song is inspirational son...like, a few times I had to just sit down for a second and stareinto space like....life really isn't that bad. I think Graduation is more for the artsy/imaginative/creative folks. Not insulting anyone's intelligenceor anything but AG while a dope album was just too cookie cutterish for me. The only song that gave me that Graduation feeling was "Success" but Imean....Ye's mentor did that so it's all family....i respect what Jay brought to the game but in my humble opinion, Kanye surpassed Jay's MUSICALlegacy with LR and he's just showing off with Graduation.

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

I think Graduation is more for the artsy/imaginative/creative folks.

This makes sense, but....
The last 1:30 of that song is inspirational son...like, a few times I had to just sit down for a second and stare into space like....life really isn't that bad.
This song aint that damn good
roll.gif
I Wonder is my favorite songon the album, but it doesn't make me go into deep thought and surpass time and space on my journey to the motherland, unlike you. And then you make anotherquotable...

i respect what Jay brought to the game but in my humble opinion, Kanye surpassed Jay's MUSICAL legacy with LR and he's just showing off with Graduation.

I can't even take your opinion on music serious anymore because it's so biased. Graduation isn't even a timeless record. Your saying that nowbecause it came out 3 months ago. In a year I'm pretty sure you aren't going to have the same opinion. Your basing your argument off of one songanyway.

Back
Top Bottom