american gangster > graduation ???

I can't even take your opinion on music serious anymore because it's so biased. Graduation isn't even a timeless record. Your saying that now because it came out 3 months ago. In a year I'm pretty sure you aren't going to have the same opinion. Your basing your argument off of one song anyway.
Graduation isn't timeless? Yeah...ok....once again, IMO, Graduation sounds like what I thought 2007 should sound like. Jay lost a few fanswith KC so he went with that familiar formula...rap about hustling over soul beats. It's cool but"your future's my past, I BEEN HEREBEFORE"......I've never heard anything like Flashing Lights.....never knew who Daft Punk was before "Stronger"......didn't like T-Painbefore "Good Life".....(well, "Buy You A Drank" was my joint). Kanye is taking his fans places....Jay is rehashing the same tiredformula....I swear I'm waiting for him to drop Vol. 4.......dude is struggling to stay relevant while Kanye is making history.

Kanye surpassed Jay's MUSICAL legacy with LR and he's just showing off with Graduation.
indifferent.gif

The Cool>MM3 and AG

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Graduation isn't timeless? Yeah...ok....once again, IMO, Graduation sounds like what I thought 2007 should sound like. Jay lost a few fans with KC so he went with that familiar formula...rap about hustling over soul beats. It's cool but"your future's my past, I BEEN HERE BEFORE"......I've never heard anything like Flashing Lights.....never knew who Daft Punk was before "Stronger"......didn't like T-Pain before "Good Life".....(well, "Buy You A Drank" was my joint). Kanye is taking his fans places....Jay is rehashing the same tired formula....I swear I'm waiting for him to drop Vol. 4.......dude is struggling to stay relevant while Kanye is making history.

No. It isn't. I agree with you that I've never heard anything like Flashing Lights, and it was a great song. As far as the beat and direction ofthe song, very original. But Jay-Z hits on different issues also. With Ignorant Sh*T, he's addressing how music "listeners" love to hear ignorantmusic with no substance, which is usually lies, and believe everything they hear in a song. For example...
They're all actors
Looking at themselves in the mirror backwards
Can't even face themselves, don't fear no rappers
They're all weirdos, DeNiro's in Practice
So don't believe everything your earlobe captures
Its mostly backwards
Unless it happens to be as accurate as me
And everything said in song you happen to see
Then actually, believe half of what you see

Where on Graduation can you hear Kanye speak on these type of topics, or anything relevant for that matter? Jayisn't struggling to stay relevant either, he's making music his fans are accustomed to. While using the "if it aint broke, dont fix it" rule,Kanye is probably losing fans himself. I'd rather have the hustling Kanye who was trying to "say something significant, but now HE rappin bout money,!*+$ and rims agaaaaaain"

(And your lame for not knowing who Daft Punk is
grin.gif
)

Graduation isn't timeless? Yeah...ok....once again, IMO, Graduation sounds like what I thought 2007 should sound like. Jay lost a few fans with KC so he went with that familiar formula...rap about hustling over soul beats. It's cool but"your future's my past, I BEEN HERE BEFORE"......I've never heard anything like Flashing Lights.....never knew who Daft Punk was before "Stronger"......didn't like T-Pain before "Good Life".....(well, "Buy You A Drank" was my joint). Kanye is taking his fans places....Jay is rehashing the same tired formula....I swear I'm waiting for him to drop Vol. 4.......dude is struggling to stay relevant while Kanye is making history.

I'm sorry everyone but this is pretty on point, IMO

but all the songs I listed on Graduation are a 10/10 and the only songs I feel are a 10/10 on AG are I Know, Party Life, Say Hello, and Fallin'.

Thats mad generous...

U can't loose wit either album I love both of em their n my top 5 for the year along wit the cool, free at last, getback

^
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ that .gif

I'm sorry everyone but this is pretty on point, IMO
Boy, you just shamed a John Lennon SN/avvy combo with that co-sign.

Back
Top Bottom