american gladiators cancelled

That reminds me; the writers are still on strike, right? My wife was searching online trying to see if the strike wasover, but she couldn't find anything, and she asked me if there was any word on NT about it. She said Desperate Housewives had a new episode this pastSunday, and Grey's Anatomy is supposed to be new this Thursday. So she kind of thought the strike was over, but we hadn't heard anything.

And haven't there been new Tonight Shows and stuff?

the late night talk shows, at least some of them, have returned to air though the hosts are paying out of their own funds from what i understand (letterman,conan)

not sure about the other series that may have aired or are about to air once again, but there seems to be some progress in the dealings over the strike as oftwo days ago

One can wish, I was watching hoping it would get better, or more interesting and it was ridiculously boring and unoriginal. I know its a remake of the oldschool one, but it was just sooooo lame.

Letterman can cut his own deal with the writers because Worldwide Pants (Lettermans production company) owns the rights to the show, not the network. Leno isputting on new episodes basically as a scab (i think) because that show is owned by the network and so he cant cut a side deal with the writers. While theywere off the air, Conan, Leno, and Letterman were all paying their production crews (and writers) out of their own pockets but that doesnt mean that they werenecesarily going back to work. I could be wrong, but even if they were getting paid by the host, I dont think the writers can go back to work unless they wantto get booted from the union and blacklisted in the industry once the strike is resolved.

Regarding Greys and Housewives its very likely that these new episodes were written and shot before the strike started. The problem is there is a limitednumber of episodes in the vault so eventually they are going to run out. Some shows might have been running a full or half season ahead while others arealready exhausted. My boss' wife has a show on ABC, NOTES FROM THE UNDERBELLY (please check it out! cause if she gets paid then that means it can trickledown to me!) and he said they have atleast 12 episodes wrapped that have yet to air.

There was a story yesterday about how United Artists cut a side deal with the WGA since they (UA) act as an independent film company even though it is backedby MGM. MGM being one of the big studios has yet to return to the negotiating table with the WGA.

Sucks for all those staff writers who werent making buku bucks. Id be SOL if I didnt collect a regular paycheck for 3-4 months straight.

*sorry to digress from the original topic OP*

Back to American Gladiators. The Sunday premiere episode was one of the funniest things I have ever seen on TV in a long time. Seein that black chick get stuckon the reverse treadmill while that Asian chick who looked like she was going to collapse from exhaustion pass her up was comic gold. Best part was when theblack chick finally made it through the wall it looked as if the producers just pushed a corpse through there. I mean they all fall in a heap of exhaustion butthat chick straight up looked like a dead body falling off a ledge.

The Writers strike doesn't appear to be ending soon. Shows that I know are impacted

1. Desperate Housewives- Episode on Sunday was last one made before strike.

2. Gossip Girls- Wednesday's Episode is last one made before strike

3 Grey's Anatomy- The episode this week is the last one made before the strike

Originally Posted by MilitaryIV

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

boo this man....

54f35755e98d8a7a11911350d579bd8ed033c6a.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

boo me? boo all of you dillusional weirdos why would i make a ducktales on a tv show being cancelled, it was reported on tv after the current episode run nbc ceased future episode production, boo me? boo all of you

^ The Tonight Shows are new, but Conan and Jay Leno's writers are still on strike. Letterman has a special deal where his writers were able to come back.

Mojodmonky1:
My boss' wife has a show on ABC, NOTES FROM THE UNDERBELLY (please check it out! cause if she gets paid then that means it can trickle down to me!) and he said they have atleast 12 episodes wrapped that have yet to air.
Show's hilarious.
laugh.gif

Haven't seen it in forever, though.
nerd.gif

American Gladiators Renewed!

http://tv.ign.com/articles/845/845302p1.html

January 14, 2008 - Given the lack of scripted programming thanks to the writers' strike coupled with the strong ratings it has debuted to,it's not a big surprise that NBC has decided to renew their new version of American Gladiators for a second season. Variety has announced therenewal, but says they're not sure when the second season will debut or how many episodes it will consist of as yet.

Last week NBC Universal's co-chair Ben Silverman was quoted by TVweek.com saying he was mulling putting the next season of Gladiators on thissummer, remarking "Another thought is this summer we got America's Got Talent, American Gladiators and the Olympics, so we'regoing to be celebrating our Americana all summer." Variety notes that American Gladiators debuted to the second highest ratings of any new seriesthis season, scripted or unscripted (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles just beat it out as the number one premiere so far this season).

Back
Top Bottom