American Reunion 04/06/12...Tomorrow!!!

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Full Review - American Reunion - not the same slice of Pie we once had - http://bit.ly/IcBYqB

bump for my review
Your review's pretty much spot on how I felt about the movie, even up to the Hangover 2 comparison and 5/10 grade.

IMO this was an attempt to rehash the franchise's old tricks, but ultimately fails. While I still have a soft spot for all the characters (and am grateful they brought back essentially everybody), the movie became overly dependant on nostalgia to drive it instead of solid writing/story. Even the soundtrack tried insert key songs and similar parts.

Some laughs here and there, but not enough to save it. At this point the franchise feels a lot like the grown up Stifler: still stuck in the past when it's really time to move on.

Saw it last night. Some funny parts, but I thought the story as a whole lacked creativity and became damn near predictable with the writers consistent attempts to re-hash the most memorable parts of the OG movie. At least American Wedding had some originality to it. The script for this one coulda been written in an hour IMO.

Ending was hilarious with Jim's dad though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Janitor

Full Review - American Reunion - not the same slice of Pie we once had - http://bit.ly/IcBYqB

bump for my review
Your review's pretty much spot on how I felt about the movie, even up to the Hangover 2 comparison and 5/10 grade.

IMO this was an attempt to rehash the franchise's old tricks, but ultimately fails. While I still have a soft spot for all the characters (and am grateful they brought back essentially everybody), the movie became overly dependant on nostalgia to drive it instead of solid writing/story. Even the soundtrack tried insert key songs and similar parts.

Some laughs here and there, but not enough to save it. At this point the franchise feels a lot like the grown up Stifler: still stuck in the past when it's really time to move on.

Thank You!! Someone else see's it the way I did, props.

Damnn we got some ebert and roepers in here, what did yall expect an Oscar type movie?

movie was hilarious, laughed from the opening scene to ending.

Originally Posted by damelloyellow15

Damnn we got some ebert and roepers in here, what did yall expect an Oscar type movie?

Exactly. Over analyzing and critiquing a movie franchise that started with high school kids trying to lose their virginity.
30t6p3b.gif
Who cares if you found it predictable? The first movie literally had the main character doing a pie.

EDIT: Ali Cobrin though.
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by Fresh Like Will

Originally Posted by damelloyellow15

Exactly. Over analyzing and critiquing a movie franchise that started with high school kids trying to lose their virginity.
30t6p3b.gif
Who cares if you found it predictable? The first movie literally had the main character doing a pie.

EDIT: Ali Cobrin though.
embarassed.gif

indifferent.gif
 I didn't realize others weren't allowed to have differing opinions regarding movies.

And can everyone please retire the whole "this isn't an Oscar type movie" arguement? It's completely lame and ******ed. By your reasoning, "bad movies" technically don't exist in your universe simply because it wasn't meant to be an Oscar contender.
Movies I enjoyed and really made me laugh: American Pie, American Pie 2, American Wedding. Didn't enjoy as much: American Reunion...but I guess that sort of logic is too hard for you to grasp. Smdh

At least we can all agree on Ali Cobrin

gonna go see it tonight at 10. Picking up my tix early. My body is ready. Happy this thread wasn't full of spoilers.

Back
Top Bottom