AND 1 - Discussion / New Releases [ 2007 Samples pg.17 ]

A lifestyle push for and1, might be a flawed strategy. Puma has made it work but Puma has a rich history as a performance shoe. What is in the lifestyle line of other companies (Nike, Cons, adidas)...former performance models (af1, weapons, superstars). I don't know if and1 can make it work without a stable of retros to draw on.

Maybe it's just me but I won't buy a sneaker unless it was originally designed for performance, it just seems fake. Plus the last thing I want to see is one less player in the performance hoops game. It's bad enough that everyone is merging and Puma has dropped out. If and1 quits it's a nike vs adidas world with a couple of NBs on the side.

Seriously though, JB kills sneakers sales and they do it mostly through the retros (lifestyle). How is and1 going to challenge that?

Chris Chicago: You make a valid point in that most of the lifestyle shoes these days are retros. In fact, that discussion surfaced at AND1 many times in the process of developing their lifestyle line. Interestingly enough, the retro segment will not form the majority of the lifestyle line for them. I mean, really, they only have the Tai Chi as a viable option for retro, and that seems to never happen. Most of the shoes they will offer are completely new designs offere as lifestyle shoes. Basically, shoes designed for casual wear, not performance.
With all that said, certain shoes in the l;ine were well received by accounts and reps. So only time will tell how it pans out for them.
Oh, and just because they are making the lifestyle push, it doesn't mean they are quitting performance. They are still developing performance product and offering the lifetyle footwear as a compliment to the performance.
. . .and its been this way forever. . .
[email protected]

The Lifestyle stuff is hit & miss.

The Racer though... :wow:
eek.gif
DON'T PUT UP NO BRICK
The B.O.P.​
Expect Dominance. Every Angle. Every Ability.

JT is on point with the And1 Hooplife/Performance product comments. And1 realizes that it doesn't have the long histories that other brands have to pull from, so its not trying to do so.

Hooplife is about providing off court product with hoop influences...its their way of delivering product for ballplayers for the other 23:12 of the day that lets them identify themselves as ballplayers without wearing what they just hooped in.

JT...no hostility...just telling it the way that we both know it to be.

Quote:
They are still developing performance product and offering the lifetyle footwear as a compliment to the performance.

That is good to know. And thanks for the info.

I just don't know, seems like an uphill battle to develop a lifestyle line that way. But if the market demand is rich enough and/or the designs are extra-amazing, then they could succeed.

Hope they can get them on shelves.

What And1 has going for them is the fact that they've always been about basketball, and pretty much only basketball. They get that credibility from ball players not only in the US, but around the world.

Now with the NBA dress code, players are looking and dressing more and more mature which means players are seen in more lifestyle/casual type sneakers.

Dude is HYPED about that ad... :rofl:
roll.gif
:rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

It's in the new SLAM too I think... :pimp:
pimp.gif
DON'T PUT UP NO BRICK
The B.O.P.​

anyone know where i can find the jason william PE released a little while back
THE RAIDER NATION​
Return To Glory

^ I got em... :lol:
laugh.gif
DON'T PUT UP NO BRICK
The B.O.P.​

Do you think there would be any way to snag Monta's Onslaughts? If I can't, I'll settle for a look-a-like colorway.
TEAM WARRIORS
Azubuike - Barnes - Biedrins - Cabarkapa - Davis - Ellis - Foyle
Harrington - Jackson - Jasikevicius - O'Bryant - Pietrus - Powell - Richardson

It was a question. I have no idea if we could ever get his PEs. Probably not, I wouldn't pay more than 200 for his PEs (DS) though.
TEAM WARRIORS
Azubuike - Barnes - Biedrins - Cabarkapa - Davis - Ellis - Foyle
Harrington - Jackson - Jasikevicius - O'Bryant - Pietrus - Powell - Richardson

Does anyone know if the Canadian distributer folded? I cannot find ANYTHING newer than Fall '05 at any retailer near me....
Latest Pickups: Nike Paul Rodriguez 2 - "P-Rod 2's" (white/black), Nike Air Trainer 1 SB (bamboo/black)

Quote:
It was a question. I have no idea if we could ever get his PEs. Probably not, I wouldn't pay more than 200 for his PEs (DS) though.

my bad man, i meant the joints ak47celtics posted up

What happened to the streetball roster? Where did everyone go?
TEAM UTAH JAZZ
With a gentle push and a mild arc, the old cowhide globe hits home
Araujo - Boozer - Brewer - Brown - Collins - Fisher - Giricek - Harpring - Kirilenko - Miles - Millsap - Okur - Williams

Quote:
Does anyone know if the Canadian distributer folded? I cannot find ANYTHING newer than Fall '05 at any retailer near me....

Supposedly and1 is being distributed by RMP athletic locker (who also distributes Ripzone, Airwalk, Brooks, Umbro etc.) or Advanced Sports. Both are out of Mississauga, Ontario.

Back
Top Bottom