And 1 Mixtape Vol 1. Appreciation Vol. Skip To My Lou!!

I had these ones back in 02' or 03' and they were so convenient to just slide into the morning before school lol. Definitely thought I was doin it with the synthetic leather haha.

Just watched it, it was decent.
And 1's YouTube page has a lot of in depth content with the players.

Yea I never really subscribed to the belief they were better than NBA players(we know what Snoop was on :lol: ). From what I remember the NBA low key hated the And 1 movement. They had Skip under lock and key. If he looked like he was thinking about doing a flashy move, they call him for carrying. Funny thing is, that wasn’t even him doing the outlandish moves. Looking back at it as an adult David Stern was a terrible commissioner. :smh:

Yea Stern fought hard not to scare off the white fans of the NBA but you can't call him a terrible commissioner because of that.

The NBA is the NBA because of his vision.

I worked at FootAction when the And 1 Mixtapes (VHS) were playing non-stop (had to rewind them manually to replay over and over every day), and when we gave them out for free. What a different time in basketball with these guys leading the way. I will admit trying a number of these tricks on the court, never in a real game beyond at Hoop It Up 3 on 3 tournaments. The good ol days :nthat:

Had plenty of the And 1 gear (mainly shorts, and a few shirts), but can't say I've ever owned a bunch of And 1 kicks beyond the Stephon Marbury II's. I still have them actually, and remember buying them from Just For Feet in Vegas. Pretty excited for this upcoming 30 for 30 though!

Looking forward to the Netflix doc and hope they go more in depth than the ESPN 30 for 30 which glossed over their downfall.

always be appreciated :pimp:
1659726039421.jpeg

1659726073750.jpeg

1659726107487.jpeg

24 karats used to be the shoes for a little whole

The shirts were great and so was the apparel.

AO and black widow could've played kn the leagye.

Hot sauce wouldnt have seen pt playing college balln

The guy in the documentary was kinda off on some of the points. It wasn’t an interest or demand reasob it died, the owners (who were only paying them around 60k even at its peak) were just done with it. And the same with selling the brand to US Sports to become a Wal Mart brand.

Sauce is also incredibly low ego. His agent had more ego than he did and made him pull out of some stuff some times over petty money/accomodation/name disputes

Is the untold rise and fall of and 1 different than the 30 for 30?

Is one better than the other?

‘Untold’ episode worth the watch. I thought it was better than the 30 for 30.

Would’ve liked for more details on how their rapid expansion into the NBA contributed to the brand’s financial downfall. But great episode and made me feel really nostalgic.

Netflix doc was dope. Would've loved to hear a lil more about the downfall.

It's crazy that after their lead sneaker designer/ cofounder quit they immediately knew it was time to sell or watch their profits go to zero. They should've tried hiring another creative.

The Untold And1 story was much better than the 30 for 30 but they really could have done 2 parts. Glad they went into more detail on the business side, especially with the Marbury debacle and also about the ESPN tour show. They really could have touched more on the NBA players involvement like Spreewell, K.G, etc.

I'm glad they showed props to And1 though for how accepting the NBA is of the streetball style these days. I remember that Nike basketball commercial and thinking how blatant of a ripoff to And1 it was.

Never liked And 1 kicks, only ever got the shorts and shirts

Outside of the Tai Chi's/slip ons I don't remember seeing people wearing anything but the clothing. The fact that they haven't brought the clothing back is bad business

On the latest episode of The Rematch, Etan Thomas welcomes NYC street ball legend and former And1 Mixtape Star Tim "Headache" Gittens. They discuss his basketball career, how he gained notoriety in the playgrounds of New York City, and became a star as part of the ESPN And1 television show. He also breaks down the mismanagement and lack of transparency between the players on the tour and the parent company And1.

The Rematch with Etan Thomas: Tim “Headache” Gittens Talks AND1’s Global Influence, Inaccuracies in Netflix Doc, Being Underpaid on Apple Podcasts

Back
Top Bottom