...And Then There Was X Appreciation Vol. The Forgotten Classic

DMX - And Then There Was XToo many quotables oneof my top 5 albums
pimp.gif

Funny you made this thread, I spent the last few days thoroughly digesting his first three albums.

X was the +@%@%+# man. So appreciated.

I prefer Flesh of My Flesh and It's Dark and Hell is Hot but all three are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

this was his highest selling album...and basically his apex..it all went down after this.

Funny.

I just popped this in about a week ago and remembered how dope it was. I had forgot. That album was just a notch below It's Dark and Hell is Hot.

DMX - X Files = My album I listen to 5 days at week at the gym. DMX was that dude.

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

DXL was dope....but "party up" was by FAR the worst track he ever made and the end of his career

I didn't think anyone would agree with me on that.

Nice album. Light years away from classic though. Can someon explain to me whats so bad bout Party Up? I really like that track.

This album is definitely a personal classic to me. His first 2 albums are better, no doubt, but X came correct on this too. He was once my 2nd favorite rapper,but damn he fell off hard after this
smh.gif
. He's still in my personal top 5 just because of his first 3 albums, but it's sad to see where he is now...

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

Nice album. Light years away from classic though. Can someon explain to me whats so bad bout Party Up? I really like that track.

It's not terrible, well maybe it is. It completely throws off the flow of the album, it just doesn't fit. If I didn't hear it 10 times every danceof my high school career back when it was hot I'd probably think differently.

After hundreds of listens that beat x hook is just
sick.gif
(in a bad, bad, way).

For that type of track, Bad Girl>Party Up

DMX's first three albums hold their own against any artist's first three. Dude was a beast

Back
Top Bottom