and we're done

Thomas Hired by NBA TV as an Analyst

Thomas will make his debut as a studio analyst for NBA TV on Friday, during a pregame show at 7 p.m. He will not be a regular contributor but will make several appearances a month on the network and will contribute to NBA.com, according to a statement.

The hiring brings an informal end to Thomas’s four-and-a-half-year absence from the N.B.A. after his dismissal by the Knicks in 2008. It is the longest he has been out of the league since he was drafted in 1981.

From 1994, when he retired as a player, through 2008, Thomas stayed attached to the N.B.A. as either a team executive, a coach or a television commentator, with a two-year break to run the Continental Basketball Association from 1998 to 2000.

The Knicks fired Thomas as president and coach in the spring of 2008 after a disastrous four-and-a-half-year tenure. The owner, James L. Dolan, tried to rehire Thomas as a consultant in 2010, but the N.B.A. nullified the deal because Thomas was coaching at Florida International University. The university fired him in April.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/20/s...ires-isiah-thomas-as-studio-analyst.html?_r=0

Welp, won't be watching NBATV anymore.:x

Last edited:
Best part of that article is "Dolan tried to rehire Thomas' :rofl:What a stupid ******g move. Should just bring back D'Antoni too.

I don't know why they said Amar'e might play Sunday but if he doesn't, he'll play in Phoenix. I want to see him on the court on Christmas day.

Melo :pimp:
Tyson Chandler defense back :pimp:
Shoutout to GabeGrams and throwback1718 for coming through tonight. We gotta link up again in the future. Good peoples :pimp:

Yeah man, good looks. I ended up bar hopping. We can definitely do something again.

Why didn't you say that you were going?
:smh:
I enjoyed the game , garden was live.
Gabe was wildin though.

:lol: what happened? I was chilling. :nerd:

Spike Lee is the best fan in any of the sports...That dude is ride or die with the Knicks whether they do well or not...Gotta respect that...Thought I'd share this vid of him giving guard Pablo Prigioni the business for wearing purple trimmed Nikes... :lol:

i've been watching this team a lot this season and i must say they are a serious championship Contender. They are 2-3 deep at all spots have several guys who have no fear making the right plays, have guys who know how to win and a coach everyone believes in.

This is the most likeable Knicks team ive ever experienced since They traded for Marbury and i thought he was really going to be that dude

I'm all for us owning all star weekend. Cope/Shump/Prig in rookie/sophomore, Felton or Kidd in skills, Novak at the 3, James White in the dunk contest, and Coach and a few players on game night.

I'm super nervous/hyped about amare.

Important that we have a second option besides Jr/Felton.

Back
Top Bottom