and we're done

Wally is from LI. Makes more sense than a dude who barely played for us hanging around

Davis seems cool tho. Always cracks me up when I see him pop up with the team

Is he on the payroll?

Baron Davis loves NYC. I think he even has an apartment in SoHo.

Aside from Steve Nash; You'll always see Baron Davis in NYC during the offseasons.

He loved being apart of the team last year and you can definitely see how close that team actually was. Everyone was cool with eachother and they always went out together. I don't blame him or the Knicks for wanting to continue their relationship together.

Dude is a nice guy too. I hated to watch him go down the way he did in the post-season. You can tell players around the league felt the same way. Guys like Baron don't come around too often. It's a privilege to have someone like that in your locker room or with your team.

It's funny, but for some reason I can't help but to mention that it's been a LONG time since we've had a team gel this well. It almost feels surreal to witness a cohesive Knicks team that plays competitive basketball and is a legit team in the East.

For a long time we were "Paper champs", but it seems like things are turning around for us. Walsh, Grunweld and Woodson all deserve credit for that.

Funny thing is that it looks like we traded seats with the Lakers :lol:

They were always a legitimate team in their division/conference and we were the "paper champs". Crazy how the script flips.

I honestly see them struggling for a LONG time. Nash is old, Kobe isn't going to be around in the next 5 years and Dwight probably won't stay long. Lakers looking like they're entering another 1990's era filled with mediocrity.

No doubt JR is the man, but if Melo was playing, this game would have been won differently.

That's why I said when in comes down to the wire. As foolish as it may sound jr been clutch as mutha****** this season. Melo is 0 for 2 but without a doubt the better player. It's like you put jr on the spot and he just rises to the occasion. That boy is fearless.

That's why I said when in comes down to the wire. As foolish as it may sound jr been clutch as mutha****** this season. Melo is 0 for 2 but without a doubt the better player. It's like you put jr on the spot and he just rises to the occasion. That boy is fearless.

Exactly This ^

JR Plays like he is in Rucker Park, That's why he is good for the NBA, A nightmare for a Coach but amazing for the fans, How many other players can you say play like that?

P.S CAN I BE ADDED TO THE FAN LIST?

Last edited:

Exactly This ^

JR Plays like he is in Rucker Park, That's why he is good for the NBA, A nightmare for a Coach but amazing for the fans, How many other players can you say play like that?

P.S CAN I BE ADDED TO THE FAN LIST?
Jamal crawford.
And NO!
In order to join you need to sacrifice virgin blood. Hence why we had a poll for a "summit" :nerd: and we chose Los' crib...

Last edited:
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Iman Shumpert said he will join the Knicks for Sunday’s practice on a limited basis when the club returns from its West Coast trip, but is not ready to be cleared for contact — the final step to his long-awaited return.

Shumpert declined to pick a target date because he said it hinges on how his knee responds to his first contact scrimmage. And Shumpert said Raymond Felton’s pinkie fracture will not speed up the process as he inches closer to his season debut following surgery last spring to repair a torn ACL.

“It’s not going to change anything,’’ Shumpert told The Post. “Felton has nothing to do with my knee. My knee is my knee.’’

Friday is exactly eight months since he tore his ACL in Miami in Game 1 of the playoffs. The Knicks set a six-to-eight month timetable for his return.

Shumpert has said he and his flattop should return in January, but he won’t beat Amar’e Stoudemire, expected back Jan. 1 vs. Portland and who will scrimmage with the Knicks for the first time Sunday.

“I’m starting to do conditioning and non-contact stuff with the team,’’ Shumpert said. “I’m going to start a little bit more with them when we get back. Then it’s up to the trainers.’’

Shumpert practiced on a limited basis with the Knicks’ D-League team, Erie, when it was in town last week. The key, once Shumpert is cleared for contact, is to watch for swelling around the knee. Shumpert is the lone young Knick building block after a First Team All-Rookie campaign. Mike Woodson said on Christmas he is “desperately’’ awaiting Shumpert’s return.

* J.R. Smith, whose initials were spelled out on The Post’s backpage as “J.ust R.idiculous’’ after his 20-foot buzzerbeater Wednesday in Phoenix, is amidst his career year, partly because he has defended frenetically. To go along with his second buzzer-beater this month off an inbounds with one second left, Smith had five steals in Phoenix and has hustled more this season than in his first eight combined.

“I’m trying to get the hand on the ball more than anything and get loose balls,’’ said Smith, who also committed a flagrant foul in upending Goran Dragic on a fastbreak. Smith said he could play some point guard in Felton’s absence.

“If that’s what the game calls for,’’ Smith said. “When Melo [Carmelo Anthony comes back, I’ll be more playmaker. I’m up for the challenge.’’

* The Knicks have listed Anthony, who is second among forwards in the most recent All-Star voting, as questionable for Friday night’s game against the Kings after he missed Wednesday’s game with a hyperextended left knee.

Anthony injured his knee on Christmas Day in Los Angeles when Marcus Camby fell on it. Woodson said Anthony wouldn’t undergo further tests, indicating the injury wasn’t serious, but gave no time frame for his return.

Anthony could be saving himself for Jan. 1 and Stoudemire’s season debut. It was the fifth game the MVP candidate has missed this season and the Knicks are 3-2 in those games

When I use to watch the association on nbatv...I always had a feeling that dude wouldn't last long. 

This team is really close, reminds me of a high school basketball movie. Dope! Only thing is, does Amare hang out with the other players? I kno shump is cool with melo and woody plus everyone else but I never see Amare except for those forced friend pics him and melo take here and there.
Amare seems like he just wants the team for himself and doesn't look like he wants to be there. Idk.

This team is really close, reminds me of a high school basketball movie. Dope! Only thing is, does Amare hang out with the other players? I kno shump is cool with melo and woody plus everyone else but I never see Amare except for those forced friend pics him and melo take here and there.
Amare seems like he just wants the team for himself and doesn't look like he wants to be there. Idk.
Prior to getting married I saw him in a bunch of group pics like the one they took outside of the practice complex. Steve novak lurking in the background :lol:.

Any details on B.Davis and his relationship with nyk? He does commercials on msg. I miss watching him play

Lol at amare wanting the team for himself. You will see what you want to see. None of us know these men personally, none of us hang out with them on a regular basis . These guys are basically one big family , including the coachs, during the season. Theyre flying on planes together, riding on buses together, probably having lunches together before games too, who knows?

Of course theres gonna be pictures for public events that look forced as hell, not everyone can genuinely smile for the camera.

Facts are, amares been with the team the whole time. Just cause he aint on the bench doesnt mean hes with his girl in the hotel room laughing at turnovers. If you search for some videos, hes always the first guy in the tunnel to congratulate the team on a W.

These guys are probably laughing at ppl like you and the NY media creating illusions of drama in their heads. Theyve all known eachother for years be it on the same teams, facing eachother , or nba events and parties.

Honestly i could care less if they all liked eachother . Thats cute and sht , but just because social networking has allowed us a closer inside look at their lives, doesnt mean i wanna see it.

I just want a chip. God knows kobe and shaq werent the friendliest together, they werent hugged up in every picture like teenage girls.

But my opinion of the team? Were closeknit, we are goal oriented. Everyone knows whats at stake. and in a big city like this, they know they need eachother.

Stop trying to stir drama, theyre friends. They dont gotta instagram it to validate that. Im sure you dont need pics with friends and coworkers to understand your relationships.

Lol at amare wanting the team for himself. You will see what you want to see. None of us know these men personally, none of us hang out with them on a regular basis . These guys are basically one big family , including the coachs, during the season. Theyre flying on planes together, riding on buses together, probably having lunches together before games too, who knows?
Of course theres gonna be pictures for public events that look forced as hell, not everyone can genuinely smile for the camera.
Facts are, amares been with the team the whole time. Just cause he aint on the bench doesnt mean hes with his girl in the hotel room laughing at turnovers. If you search for some videos, hes always the first guy in the tunnel to congratulate the team on a W.
These guys are probably laughing at ppl like you and the NY media creating illusions of drama in their heads. Theyve all known eachother for years be it on the same teams, facing eachother , or nba events and parties.
Honestly i could care less if they all liked eachother . Thats cute and sht , but just because social networking has allowed us a closer inside look at their lives, doesnt mean i wanna see it.
I just want a chip. God knows kobe and shaq werent the friendliest together, they werent hugged up in every picture like teenage girls.
But my opinion of the team? Were closeknit, we are goal oriented. Everyone knows whats at stake. and in a big city like this, they know they need eachother.
Stop trying to stir drama, theyre friends. They dont gotta instagram it to validate that. Im sure you dont need pics with friends and coworkers to understand your relationships.

Sheesh bruh, you talking bout stirring up drama like I'm tryna promote east/west coast beef :x
It was just a question because that's what I see. I don't know them personally but was just stating a point that this team seems very close. I(very big I) got the impression Amare distanced himself after it became Melo's team that's it. The way you went in just now I would've swore you knew them personally. Lol, it's all good tho.

Last edited:
I don't think Amare wants the team for himself, but he def wants to be a focal point of the team.

It's just hard to do that when your knee is messed up. Hope he comes back strong.

I hope Melo's knee injury isn't a long term issue either. Dude needs to stop missing all these games. Hopefully this injury allows him to get his body right. It'll be another "all-star weekend break" for him.

http://espn.go.com/newyork/conversa...ony-new-york-knicks-miss-second-straight-game

New York Knicks star Carmelo Anthony will miss his second straight game Friday night against the Sacramento Kings with a hyperextended left knee.

Anthony suffered the injury on Christmas Day against the Los Angeles Lakers, when Marcus Camby fell on to him in the second quarter during an offensive play.

Anthony will not undergo an MRI and is listed as day to day.

Friday night's DNP due to injury will be Anthony's sixth of the season. In the five previous games ...

Happy we don't play the lakers again. Melo always gets hurt. :x

Back
Top Bottom