and we're done

Amare has learned more from Hakeem that Dwight has learned from Pat/Hakeem in like 7 years. Can you imagine if he would've worked out with him a few years ago?

He's a PF/C, he's not supposed to dribble like Allen Iverson.
I understand that. But dude is constantly losing control in the post. Just needs more workouts i guess

He needs to work with a weighted ball down in the post. He seems to lose the ball a lot down there, especially when he catches the ball or goes for the spin.

I agree with the people who said he should've went to Hakeem the summer after he got here.

Next 4 games are VERY winnable....

Where have I heard that before??

2qa0dwo.jpg

Last edited:
To think Just a month ago ALOT of dudes in here didnt want to give stat a fair shake and let him adjust and get all the rust off his first few games.

Ain't gonna lie tho, I was almost all the way done with stat at the beginning of the season after the preseason injury. He's winning me over recently tho.

The luxury of having a true #1 option off the bench is dope.

Starting to feel like a real contender for the chip. :pimp:

Ain't gonna lie tho, I was almost all the way done with stat at the beginning of the season after the preseason injury. He's winning me over recently tho.

I honestly think if Amare had more playing time and had the offense run through him--He'd average 23-24ppg.

Yupp!! I was getting at you for it, glad you turned around.

Amare is what he is, he's not going to be what he was but like I said since day one of the season when so many people were counting him out - The Knicks are a much better team with him, but most importantly - deeper and deadlier. On defense tho he still needs to improve, its not so much that its bad but his defensive apprehension and physicality can still improve in time for the playoffs. But overall he's been great for the team.

Why doesn't woody allow stat to be in the game for about 6 minutes with Carmelo on the bench and let him be the focal point of the offense ?
Let him get back his confidence as being the man. Let him demand the ball, get to work in the post with out having to be curious if he's stepping on any one else's toes.

Let him not worry about spacing for Carmelo and Tyson . let him do him what he has done for the first 8 years of his career.... Let him get his once all star confidence back. Then let them figure out how to really work with each other...

They will NEVER work together consistently if he doesn't get that confidence in himself again . So I really think that's most important.

Some were quick to write off Amare... while others were WAY too optimistic that everything was going to fit together perfectly. At this point, it's fair to be skeptical about Amare, but it's also important to give him his respect when he deserves it.

He's been really solid as of late and I'm impressed. Hopefully it continues.

He still is :x on defense but at least he's trying.

Huge problem is still our guards letting guys go past them so easy. This whole year we have turned it up on the defensive end in the 4th.

Yupp!! I was getting at you for it, glad you turned around.

Amare is what he is, he's not going to be what he was but like I said since day one of the season when so many people were counting him out - The Knicks are a much better team with him, but most importantly - deeper and deadlier. On defense tho he still needs to improve, its not so much that its bad but his defensive apprehension and physicality can still improve in time for the playoffs. But overall he's been great for the team.

His defense has impressed me actually. Obvious missed assignments and incorrect rotations but I think it's more to do with rust and not being all the way accustomed to what the team is trying to do on D. He's been aggressive at blocking shots and he's giving up some good fouls also. Last year, it seemed like dude was getting out of people's way. It seems like he's committed to protecting the basket now. I do agree there is definitely room for improvement.

Why doesn't woody allow stat to be in the game for about 6 minutes with Carmelo on the bench and let him be the focal point of the offense ?
Let him get back his confidence as being the man. Let him demand the ball, get to work in the post with out having to be curious if he's stepping on any one else's toes.

Let him not worry about spacing for Carmelo and Tyson . let him do him what he has done for the first 8 years of his career.... Let him get his once all star confidence back. Then let them figure out how to really work with each other...

They will NEVER work together consistently if he doesn't get that confidence in himself again . So I really think that's most important.

I agree, I hate when Woodson forces the trio on the floor at the same time. And it definitely affects Amare's confidence when, like yesterday he is looking almost unstoppable and Melo checks back in and he's not the focal point anymore. If anything EVEN WHEN Melo is on the court him, they should be working through Amare in the post. Melo would be way more deadly if he's the guy giving Stat the entry pass and the guy guarding him can't double because he will then have food.

Back
Top Bottom