and we're done

This team is just coasting. I expect them to show people they are a force in the last month of the season. They built a comfortable enough lead right now to figure stuff out

Ugh

I slept for 12 hours yesterday so I missed the game but team needs to regroup and find their identity. Kidd is gassed, send him to the carribean for a month and let him rest up or something.

This team is just coasting. I expect them to show people they are a force in the last month of the season. They built a comfortable enough lead right now to figure stuff out

The Miami Heat are coasting, they can coast, they've deserved and earned the right to.

The Knicks have not, this team hasn't won a playoff series yet. Coasting shouldn't even be in the vocab. I don't know where your expectations are coming from, the lead isn't as "comfortable" as you think, esp with the March schedule coming around. They're is still so much room for improvement.

That concerns me though, when do you go to playing at a high level? This team knew exactly what they were early on and were playing in 5th gear. Now, you've added Shumpert and Amar'e to the mix - you'll eventually hope to reintegrate Rasheed (or Camby) - they've got to figure out what they are again quickly. I was worried about having too many guys, and considered Kidd is breaking down, I probably wasn't right...but it's still proving difficult to get defined roles and everything meshing right now.

Rotation, style of play, who was getting which shots - all of that was a lot easier to sort out before Amar'e and Shumpert returned. Wasn't possible to ask Kidd and others to maintain at that pace, but they have to figure something else out now.

Actually, I'm not even sure I buy the coasting over it just being bad basketball. The Heat coast, sure..but they have a switch to flip - either during a game late or after a bad loss. Knicks lost at Washington and then should have lost at Minnesota and followed that up with 2 duds at home. A little bit more than just not caring.

Last edited:

There is nothing comfortable about the lead they currently have, esp when they are losing these games at home and barely squeaking by with wins.

The perimeter defense has been disgustingly awful and they look like they have no clue. Always somebody having a career/season high vs the Knicks and good PG's have been having their way. Chandler not being an offensive threat down low really limits some of the things the Knicks can do down low, if they are not shooting the ball well it's very rare they win the game.

Within a 3 minute span in the 2nd quarter, Novak hits three consecutive 3's...a few minutes later Woody takes him out because of a defensive lapse (understandable). He doesn't come back in until there's 2 minutes and change left in the 3rd and only gets one more shot attempt the rest of the game...

We always talk about how Novak's contributions are minimal (at best) against elite teams...but you'd think in a game like yesterday's vs. a team like that, they'd be able to find him more...especially since everyone other than J.R. sucked.

This is something that Woodson struggles with too often. Subbing guys out at inopportune times/long stretches and certain roles changing from week to week. And then there's the instances where he won't counteract what the other team is throwing at them or has little regard for the flow of the game and doesn't adjust accordingly. **** is frustrating to watch.
mean.gif

Rotation, style of play, who was getting which shots - all of that was a lot easier to sort out before Amar'e and Shumpert returned.
Yeah. It's up to Mike to find the right combination now but I'm just not sure he's capable of figuring out what's best.

Last edited:
The Miami Heat are coasting, they can coast, they've deserved and earned the right to.

The Knicks have not, this team hasn't won a playoff series yet. Coasting shouldn't even be in the vocab. I don't know where your expectations are coming from, the lead isn't as "comfortable" as you think, esp with the March schedule coming around. They're is still so much room for improvement.

THIS!!!

even whe Novak made those first two three's, the Raptors were picking on him and dudes drove right by him (granted no help defense) for 6 consecutive points :lol:

Novak playing is ok but very brief spurts...he has no business playing the 4 with Stat playing the 5, that is just am embarrassment waiting to happen

im worried about our bench... it seems garbage without jr and amare... those are the only 2 productive guys and if 1 has an off night it will be a bad game for the knicks...i just wish we can get all the old unproductive guys out the lineup like kidd, camby, sheed and kurt... i was a firm believer in kidd, camby and sheed before the season started but the injuries and inconsistency make these guys look worthless...i wish we had veterans that were not so close to 40 and are actually productive like duncan and kg... no im not saying we need those 2 guys but we need veterans who are closer to 30 then 40 and guys that are productive...we have a good 5-6 man rotation with felton, shump, melo, amare, tyson and jr but after that theres not much help after those guys... not to mention the defense is trash

What? That is overreaching. This can be the case of not respecting an opponent. Cause if they play a top team or a rival they will play all 48. But a lesser team they will play hard at the 5 min mark in the 4th.

Not saying its good or fine and dandy. Somebody has to beat it in they head that you have to get up for every team

What? That is overreaching. This can be the case of not respecting an opponent. Cause if they play a top team or a rival they will play all 48. But a lesser team they will play hard at the 5 min mark in the 4th.

Not saying its good or fine and dandy. Somebody has to beat it in they head that you have to get up for every team
:lol: @ Losing 20 in a row and missing the playoffs. Chill, bro.
This team could easily lose 20 games in a row and not even make the playoffs.

:stoneface: :rofl:
I'm just establishing the tone of posts that will be in this thread until next week :lol: I see the slope some of yall want to slide down on.

Last edited:
It's not a sky is falling kind of freak out.. This team has issues that need to be corrected immediately.

We had a good playoff run. 2 years in a row and won 1 game!
Time to break this team down and get into rebuilding mode,
Melo shump for irving and 1st round draft pick.
Amare for bag of potatoe chips pref doritos.
Do it Grunwald !

its kinda hard to believe we can actually get past the first round... then again it all depends on the matchups

im worried about our bench... it seems garbage without jr and amare... those are the only 2 productive guys and if 1 has an off night it will be a bad game for the knicks..

yup, and you can count on JR being inconsistent most of the time with his shooting percetages, but anytime Amare is off as well and Melo has to play hero ball? :x

Team has depth but where is the reliable 2nd scoring option? The options are there but I don't see anyone else being reliable except Melo.

They have not looked anywhere close to the first two months defensively, seems like it gets worse by the week.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom