and we're done

So you're saying if they were 5-10 years younger...we'd be a better team? Well I'll be damned.

great contribution there illoquent.

We dont even have to go back 5 years for them to be more effective.
Bottom line, Woodson has done a great job thus far. No need to dump him.

But that's what you basically said!
laugh.gif
Everyone knew going into this season that the old *** vets (some of them being the most injury-prone guys year after year) weren't gonna be there from start to finish. Only way all those dudes would've stayed healthy if they played in Phoenix.

I don't wanna get rid of Mike either. I don't know about him doing a "great" job though. Serviceable is probably a better word.

Last edited:
Kenyon Martin needs to get some of Novaks minutes.

He was very serviceable for the Clippers last season. Let him show us what he has left and can bring for this team.

I don't think any of us who criticize Woodson are suggesting we fire him today and hire _____ tomorrow. 

It's just general talk about the coach and his weaknesses.

This is what I read about Kenyon not getting much PT
At the end of this 10-day contract, the Knicks must decide if they want to keep Martin for the rest of the season. Woodson has been hesitant to play Martin because he is unfamiliar with the team's offense and the Knicks have been in close games during Martin's first 10 days with the team.

Martin, however, is expected to be with the team for the rest of the season due to its lack of depth in the frontcourt. That could change if Martin gets hurt or if there is a need at another position.
I thought it was a conditioning thing...maybe they wanted to give him more time to get in basketball shape but this makes sense too.

You can criticize a coach without turning on him.

Some are just coming to their senses that he's an average coach to good coach, but nothing spectacular. The players tuned out D'Antoni and stopped playing for him. They had a surge under a new coach, which happens often, and now the dust settled and people notice some of Woodson's faults once things get tougher.

Short of the elite guys who were never an option, there aren't many coaches that you could say would definitely be better than Woodson... but it's just discussion.

Last edited:
Oh, so we're turning on Mike Woodson, now. Okay.

Word! Its ridiculous to even discuss replacing Mike Woodson in his first full season as head coach of this team. He is still learning the team and hasn't had his complete roster all year. Its so sad fans do not have patience nowadays.

when the knicks brought woodson as assistant coach i was excited only because he was an improvement over dantoni and was good at coaching defense which the knicks lacked... however i knew that he was a decent coach but not great... he got those atlanta teams past the first round every year but thats about it... i was really disappointed in him as a coach when the hawks got swept by the magic and blown out by 20 plus points per game... it was an embarrasment and the magic just destroyed that hawks team... and next thing you know he got fired and replaced by larry drew... i agree no need to turn on him and the only way to replace him is with sloan or jvg... there is no coach available now good enough to win a title... and no phil dont count because he says he retired... i really do think that the knicks need a team to compliment melo and amare... if the mavs can win with just dirk i dont see why the knicks cant win a championship...i do think it would help to bring in younger guys and also to get a third scorer for this team...jr is too inconsistent and amare cant create his own shot... his post game is ok but if hes not getting other people involved then its not really much help...hopefully we can get someone good in the draft...and if we can trade novak, kidd and camby to 3 different teams for draft picks and not get back salary we should be in good shape... obviously that is a pipe dream

The Knicks are 24-7 when Novak has at least four 3 point attempts in a game. They're 11-14 in those other games. 1 game not accounted for because he sat out.

Does that mean he needs more minutes? No...but it's not hard to understand why there's a disparity.

Move the ******g ball. Find the open man.

Again, it doesn't mean I'm asking him to play more minutes or that he needs more shot attempts. 4 doesn't necessarily have to be the magic number. I'm not saying he's the key to our success/failure.

I picked Novak because he's the one guy on the team that is ENTIRELY dependent on others to create for him. If he's shooting the ball, there's a pretty good chance it's not a difficult, contested shot...aka he's open because someone on the other team didn't do their job or we played that particular possession to our strength.

When there's ball movement and good spacing, we're capable of beating anyone. That's my point.

If Melo sits out, tonight's game might end up being a blessing in disguise.

Last edited:
I'm willing to bet cash money that James White and Kurt Thomas won't play more than 5 minutes each.:lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom