and we're done

I never knew so many of ya'll expected to go to the finals. :lol:

Oh man, here I am saying we should appreciate it if we make it past the first round because its been so long. Damn son, I think if we make it to the ECF it's a great year, exceeding the realistic expectations.

The reason why it's important to make it past the 1st round is just like DubA said, we'd be more of an attractive place for other players and it wouldn't be a complete failure. If we were to lose in the first round, management would be on the verge of blowing it up since it'd be three straight years being below average with such a high payroll. It'd be doomsday with the media/fans/management, thats why it's important to get past the 1st round, at least.

Guess it's the Yankee fan in me. To me we already did our part by winning enough games to be in the playoffs. After that the team should be looking at the finals. Knicks fans of all fans should be hoping for that. All this lose to match up with a team you think you'll beat in the 1st round other than the below 5th seed teams, happy to be here, and yay we made it to the 2nd round mentality is garbage.
management would be on the verge of blowing it up since it'd be three straight years being below average with such a high payroll. It'd be doomsday with the media/fans/management, thats why it's important to get past the 1st round, at least.
Weren't you just advocating blowing it up? :lol: It's always doomsday with the NYC media and fans. It will always be that way even if we win it all. Management (or more like Dolan) would be in their right to blow this team up if they couldn't make it out of the 1st round. Fire the coach as well.
It really does make a difference. I'm not down with a first round exit. And I'm sure it affects us getting anyone here to be a role player
The reason why it's important to make it past the 1st round is just like DubA said, we'd be more of an attractive place for other players and it wouldn't be a complete failure.
There's plenty of players already that want to be on the NYK but do yall really believe that if the Knicks got knocked out in the 2nd instead of the 1st that there'd be players that want to come here for a bit less contract wise? I don't think so and that's what really matters (unless they're in love with the team and city). I mean what players are yall talking about. To me yall are looking for positives in what if we lose scenario. We're not gaining respect or credibility that way.

How many players want to go to Den? How many players looking forward to play in Mem? Utah when they were good? ETC.

For me the only thing that wouldn't be a complete failure is a game 7 loss in the finals. For me there aint no small victories in being gone in the 2nd round.

Last edited:
^^^ Emotional Sarcasm about blowing it up before. It's been a rough two weeks with the injuries and losses. But a first-round exit would absolutely warrant a big change, and I'm not talking about just firing another coach again. At some point you really have to stop blaming coaches and start looking at the players.

Oh I'm a Yankee fan too, so I know what you mean but you cannot compare the expectations of the Yankees and Knicks. They are as far apart in franchise success and expectations as you can get. Not even remotely the same, not a fair comparison. My Yankee & Giants expectations are something else.

You expect the finals or bust. Like I said before tho, you're just a different type of Knick fan, thats you. But I want to see the Knicks get past the first-round (which is very iffy right now) gain some momentum and playoff confidence then have a better shot at making it to the eastern conference finals.

Don't think this was posted in here. Probably won't lighten the mood since it's so on point but LOL nonetheless

YOOO NT/Knicks Fans,

So I have a bet going on with one of my friends that I made before the season started...First bet is that the Knicks will have a better regular season record than the Nets and the second bet is that the Knicks won't drop 5 games in a row...Earlier I was feeling really good about this but now im getting nervous...You guys think well pull out a W in Utah at least on Monday night? Even if we drop those 5 games that would make us tied with Brooklyn so looking at the rest of the schedule do you guys think we cud keep our lead up on them? I'm sort of stressing cus big money is on the line here lol...I had posted this earlier but I had to make a new niketalk account and all you guys gave me the thumbs up before...im stressin now!!!
I remember ya post from earlier in the season. I still think your bet is safe.

personally My expectations for this team was ECF at least. I mean if Miami does get knocked in the first or second round who would be the favorite in the east? I say us

My expectations was ECF too. Knicks were built for the playoffs. But with the injuries now. Idk. Could be first or second round exit. Im suree Sheed will be back for the playoffs tho

Last edited:
its all about matchups. Realistically if we somehow get Atlanta in the 1st round then the Pacers/Nets in the 2nd round, that would be our easiest route imo.

personally My expectations for this team was ECF at least. I mean if Miami does get knocked in the first or second round who would be the favorite in the east? I say us

Miami's not getting knocked out in the first or second round. Unless their plane crashes on the way to a road game.

We didn't have a chance anyways against the clippers, not a good matchup. The rest will be needed. Hopefully we beat the Jazz. If not, a 0-5 road trip :x

:smh:

Surgeon Speculates Carmelo Anthony Has Torn Meniscus Or Arthritic Knee

Carmelo Anthony has missed four of the past six games and is questionable to play Sunday, and one orthopedic surgeon who has not examined Anthony speculated that the New York Knicks' forward has either a partially torn meniscus or an arthritic knee.

Anthony had his knee drained in New York after the Knicks' loss to the Denver Nuggets on Wednesday. Having fluid in the back of the knee is rarely found in a patient "with a 100 percent normal knee," according to the surgeon.

“It means there is something going on with the knee,” the doctor added. “The question is, where did the fluid come from? What is the source of the fluid? Something inside the knee produces that fluid, so what is going to stop the fluid from coming back.”

The Knicks initially described Anthony's injury as just soreness.

Via Frank Isola/New York Daily News

I'll tell you this, I rather Melo have a Torn Meniscus than an Arthritic knee. How do they not know whether or not Melo has a torn meniscus tho? They can see that on an MRI.

Last edited:
Oh, Frank Isola...:lol:

It's an unrelated 'orthopedic surgeon who has not examined Anthony' speculating. Of course he'd know what he's talking about, but I'd take that report with a grain of salt.

Back
Top Bottom