and we're done

But we Could still find a way to Pawn off Amare to form another big 3 right?
brilliant sir. And im all in for this idea. Amare has made too much for someone who's played so little the passed 2 seasons. I love him when hes healthy, but hes been more of a liability than an asset. He needs to go.

iNbqIYYGC457k.gif

Wow.
So athletic.

Congratulations, Earl. I believe he will pick up his option for next season. He finally got what he wanted. He played more than 30 minutes per game plus Woodson allowed him to do his own thing. JR has Woodson's full trust.

He has a player option, it would be up to us to Match or not.

Dude is going to want to get paid, lettuce be cereal here.

And I dont blame him one bit, he deserves it. Especially when he looks down the bench and Novak is getting more money than him

And there was people saying he wasn't even worth the MLE last offseason, no team would ever pay him that .

Last edited:
I don't get how some of you guys still can't understand the fact that Amar'e is unmovable, like we are stuck with him for the next two years, that is just the way it is, get used to it, CP3 isn't going anywhere.

The only way JR is a Knick again is if the dude just doesn't like money and enjoys NYC/Knicks org that much. He could probably get 8-10 million easily on the open market per year. Unfortunately, the Knicks can only match him up to a certain point..

The Knicks will have Smith's Early Bird Rights, meaning they can exceed the salary cap to re-sign the shooting guard if he decides to decline the 2013-14 option.

The Early Bird Rights allow the Knicks to pay Smith up to 175 percent of this season's salary, which is $2.8 million. That means the Knicks could offer him a contract for next season at about $5 million, and the agreement could be up to four years with standard raises
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...th-new-york-knicks-sixth-man-year-source-says.

He'll have to be willing to take a significant paycut again (but this time more like 20 million).

Last edited:
Even if the Knicks front office oackaged Amare/Shump/pick? That seems legit, right?

I don't get how some of you guys still can't understand the fact that Amar'e is unmovable, like we are stuck with him for the next two years, that is just the way it is, get used to it, CP3 isn't going anywhere.

Even if the Knicks front office oackaged Amare/Shump/pick? That seems legit, right?

You're kidding, right?

And :frown: @ only being able to pay him up to $5 million.

Dude is going to want to get paid, lettuce be cereal here.

And I dont blame him one bit, he deserves it. Especially when he looks down the bench and Novak is getting more money than him

Novak is making more? :x :smh:
disgusting
Novak needs to go as well and JR can get some of his salary.

As much as I love JR, I think if Shumpert takes a nice step forward offensively gets fully healthy + re-upping Copeland, his production could be covered pretty much.

As much as I love JR, I think if Shumpert takes a nice step forward offensively gets fully healthy + re-upping Copeland, his production could be covered pretty much.

I do not agree with this at all.
JR has more brass. athleticisim, ball handling, and a better finisher at the rim than both those guys combined. Shump hasnt showed us much this year, but Cope is a keeper I think.
Cope >>>> Novak

"JR is not going anywhere," Woodson replied.

He then repeated it, looking right into the camera, as if speaking directly to Smith.

But there is somewhat of a Catch-22 here for Woodson and the Knicks. While the effort and faith Woodson has showed in Smith has resulted in the player's exponential growth and also team success, his market value also goes up.

Smith is almost certain to not pick up the second year, $2.9 million option on his contract for next season. That would send him into unrestricted free agency and the Knicks would only have Early Bird Rights (maximum league average) to re-sign him.

Smith could get a better offer elsewhere that the capped-out Knicks could not afford.

But Smith does have to consider several factors that involve leaving the Knicks for a big payday:

1. If he stays for a short-term deal, the Knicks would then have his full Birds next summer.

2. He would no longer have Woodson as his coach. Can he trust any other coach the way he trusts Woodson?

3. He would leave New York, a place he has grown to love (and close proximity to his family, especially his daughter, which he also enjoys).

4. Most teams with cap space aren't playing for a championship.

5. He and Carmelo Anthony have developed a strong bond as teammates and friends.

Smith has made $28 million so far in his NBA career. He will be 28 in September. This is the prime of his career, which means this is likely going to be the chance for him to get the biggest deal of his career.

What remains to be seen if there is a team out there that will give him enough reason to leave.

"JR is not going anywhere," Woodson replied.

He then repeated it, looking right into the camera, as if speaking directly to Smith.

But there is somewhat of a Catch-22 here for Woodson and the Knicks. While the effort and faith Woodson has showed in Smith has resulted in the player's exponential growth and also team success, his market value also goes up.

Smith is almost certain to not pick up the second year, $2.9 million option on his contract for next season. That would send him into unrestricted free agency and the Knicks would only have Early Bird Rights (maximum league average) to re-sign him.

Smith could get a better offer elsewhere that the capped-out Knicks could not afford.

But Smith does have to consider several factors that involve leaving the Knicks for a big payday:

1. If he stays for a short-term deal, the Knicks would then have his full Birds next summer.

2. He would no longer have Woodson as his coach. Can he trust any other coach the way he trusts Woodson?

3. He would leave New York, a place he has grown to love (and close proximity to his family, especially his daughter, which he also enjoys).

4. Most teams with cap space aren't playing for a championship.

5. He and Carmelo Anthony have developed a strong bond as teammates and friends.

Smith has made $28 million so far in his NBA career. He will be 28 in September. This is the prime of his career, which means this is likely going to be the chance for him to get the biggest deal of his career.

What remains to be seen if there is a team out there that will give him enough reason to leave.

We're capped out, but dont we have alot of $ coming off the books at the end of this season?
Camby, Rasheed, Thomas for starters.

Camby would have to retire and accept a buyout to clear his contract. He's owed another 7.5 million more through 2015.

Sheed and Thomas' deals coming off do nothing for flexibility (nor would Camby retiring for this summer). I believe we'll have the mini-mid level exception that's worth 3 million this year to do something with but that's it. There is very little wiggle room for the next 2 years aside from picking up veterans for dirt cheap, hoping current vets stay for min deals (Prigioni, Martin, Copeland) and hoping JR takes a discounted deal.

Back
Top Bottom