and we're done

An off game and a loss isn't the worst thing (I wanted this team challenged today). But then to expend that much energy and an extra 5mins..no good. Offense wasn't very reassuring either.

Should be no trouble closing this out at home but would have been nice to get extended rest. Don't dare lose G5 tho.

Last edited:
**** this smurf, Terry.

Melo cost us the game, just like he won us games before. When he shoots bad, someone else needs to knock sense into him and get him in better positions to score, cuz he aint got that kinda self-awareness. That's where JR settin up on the other side comes in. And that's where Kidd and Woodson taking the ball out of his hands and running plays towards the basket shoulda happen.

But nah, clear out and dare Melo not to prove the odds wrong. :smh:

It sucks, cuz I think we would've won if he stayed on the bench.
Basically.
If we woulda let ray keep cooking we woulda won the game. We gave it to melo on 3 straight occasions after we got the offensive rebound.
Melo needs to know if youre not on and someone has the hot hand , pass the ******g ball.
And stop trying to lay it up at the rim. Dunk that **** man.

I don't even want to watch anymore games for the rest of the day. Want to fast forward to GoT. We should've won today. I know we gonna win game 5 but this is just so disappointing. We gotta wait 2 days to get that satisfaction. It is upsetting.

Not enough adjustments were madeby Woodson in the OT but in the end you can't coach the shots to go in.

I want a 50 pt blow out Wednesday night.

Last edited:
He needed to hit the free throws n then he had a 2 footer shot he bricked ... he's due to have a bad game, no biggie rather have it up 3-0 than in the kitchen sink. But some one get him on layup drills

I think one of the problems is Melo ways it TOO bad. He just needa relax an let the game come to him. I think we see the best of this team if we make it to the Conference Finals. Felton howed me a lot today

Like homey just stated... Melo wants it too bad. Gotta play with composure. I'm kinda glad we lost today.. Cause a sweep would have been real wavey with that comeback. But this is a testament to how you lose playoff games down the stretch. Knicks will violate on Wed.

I still love the comeback, Felton has to play big for us this post season. Chandler and Shumpert both look better with each passing game.

This was as bad a game as Melo had, missed a ton of layups and shots but the team as a whole shot a poor percentage.

JR will be fresh come Wednesday, time to win it at home.

With a comeback like that i expected us to win.

Anyone watch the press conference? I'm hoping Melo took the blame for this one. Dude was taking terrible shots, missing clutch FTs....:smh: not the Melo we've been used to this year.

With a comeback like that i expected us to win.

Anyone watch the press conference? I'm hoping Melo took the blame for this one. Dude was taking terrible shots, missing clutch FTs....:smh: not the Melo we've been used to this year.

If he made one of those FTs, we could have won the game in regulation. :smh:

Bruce Beck ‏@BruceBeck4NY 2h
Tonight on @MIKEDUP4NY -- we're talking @nyknicks with Earl "The Pearl" Monroe!
Join us at 12 Midnight @NBCNewYork 4

The league's front office must've told Melo to lose this game on purpose. I mean think about it, the dude was just not himself. Missed clutch free throws, open jump shots, horrendous turnovers, smirk on the line, etc. As talented as dude is accompanied by the amount of shots he takes, is not for him to be shooting at such a low percentage. Not to mention all the questionable fouls against the Knicks, and JR's suspension. The Knicks were destined to lose this one. One free throw could've sealed the deal and ended the series. The league's not making money if every team is sweeping. :rolleyes

im just a little salty we didnt get the sweep... lets take away some positives though

- iman is getting his swagger back defensively. he hit some HUGE shots for us down the stretch (wish i could have said the same for melo :frown:)

- raymond felton is our Plan B. son is a dog out there. when he pulled up for that three i almost punched a baby

- tyson is looking a little more like himself as time goes by

- JR smith is a huge piece to this team, and i think this loss should solidify this into his head

lets go home and get our heads right. wednesday is judgement day. im looking forward to melo having an amazing game to seal the series up. i think the playoff pressure got the best of him today. he was really pressing after EVERY missed shot. this just wasnt his game. but he is our leader and theres no one on the knicks id trust with the game in the balance but him.

also it looks like atlanta is trying to make a series of it. this loss COULD be potentially a blessing in disguise. if we swept today, we could have been off for about a week. and i understand rest is important, but that rest could ultimately bite us in the *** by making us rusty and lethargic, especially with an older team. by clinching wednesday i think we fit right in the groove and balance of rest and rust.

On to the next one !

Melo look exhausted. Players usually settle for jumpers when theyre tired.

NBA- Anthony and Jordan and 10-for-35 or worse

From Elias: Carmelo Anthony and Michael Jordan are the only 2 players in the shot-clock era who have taken at least 35 shots in a playoff game and made 10 or fewer. Jordan's game came in 1997 in a loss to the Heat in Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Finals (9-35)

Lets chill.

Back
Top Bottom