and we're done

Glad the Celtics didn't roll over and give up the sweep at home.  Melo is a beast.  Too little too late from Jason Terry this year...don't know what he is celebrating about over a couple buckets.  Felton played his tail off.  Anyway, the Celtics fuel "empty" light has been on for a while and Wednesday the car quits on the side of the road unfortunately.  Best of luck to NYK fans.

This game reminded me way too much of our game against the Heat in game 4 last year. Similar to Boston, we willed ourselves to 1 W in a close game throughout the 4th when everyone thought it was going to be a sweep.

I love being a Knicks fan and I love fellow Knicks fans, but some of us are just so irrational :lol: Deep down I don't believe anyone thought the Knicks were going to sweep. Celtics are pass their prime and lost without Rondo, but they're no scrubs especially with Doc Rivers as their coach. I predicted we'd win In 5 and looks like we're on pace for that. I actually thought we'd lose game 3 and win game 4. *shrugs*

It would of been dope to sweep but I'm happy we didn't, as long as I can remember, the Knicks teams have always been complacent. Meaning if they have a lead or doing well they'll fall back a little because they feel they got it. By sweeping and ending the series so early imo would zap the intensity and fire from the team. We got to stay hungry and grinding if we want to go far and I know we will, that's why I ain't even mad. I took a lot of positives from this game. Shump is getting better and better defensively and hitting key shots. Felton is nasty and really can be a third scoring option. Chandler's timing is getting better and the team has a lot of fight.. Down 20 and they made it a close game? With JR on Wdnesday it's a done deal :smokin Can't even be mad at Melo either.. Any other time, even under pressure he's ridiculously unjust, but basically he had an off night...ish happens, it is what it is. He'll be back on Wednesday.

On a side note. Jason Terry is the biggest troll ever with that chocolate dud head of his. Dude has been nonexistent all year for the Celtics and celebrating off 3 big shots he FINALLY made. Sit down dude. :lol:

The league's front office must've told Melo to lose this game on purpose. I mean think about it, the dude was just not himself. Missed clutch free throws, open jump shots, horrendous turnovers, smirk on the line, etc.

i was thinking the same. but highly unlikely of course.

Melo didnt seemed focused from the jump. his follow through on his shots, his confidence in his shot, his overall demeanour. and of course, forcing shots.
the Knicks just couldnt make shots.

i thought Cope shouldve got some burn in the 1st half. and that Melo shouldnt have started the 4th.
this game reminded me of the Kings game in Sacramento. inexcusably dug ourselves a huge hole, fought back, had chances to win the game, bone headed mistakes.
with Melo being 'off' this game, i thought that we would use him as a diversion (Spurs game in San Antonio)

but back to the Gah-den. i expect everyone to be focused on closing this series out.

also, i am extremely impressed on how Shump has played this series. not too erratic as last year, but just as aggressive. which i think came from the injury and the vets. it let him learn to differ with the playing styles. excited to see him form into that 'defensive' starter that all the 'elite' teams have

shump was destroying pierce in the second half

then on that play where KG and Pierce worked the pick and pop melo was guarding pierce to satisfy his ego

actually this whole game was basically about melo's ego

but its part of what makes him the good things he is too, so gotta live with the few bad stuff that comes with the good i guess

Shump is coming around. Novak is still lost. Copeland shouldve had more playing time, he needs to get this playoff experience.
Felton and Prigioni should shoot more.

A sweep wouldve been sweet, but a clinch at home is nice.

Am I the only one excited to see Shumpert FINALLY being the defensive perimeter player he was last season before the injury?

Dude looked like his old form when he was pressuring defenders and making defensive stops.

Damn, Jason Terry had to go out and ruin our sweep.

Someone has got to have the balls to tell Melo to sit back, I got this, you're great but slowing us down right now with that ego. Too bad AR was out.

Never liked Reddick, never will.

We have a team full of blah defenders.
There are only two players on our roster who can consistently change games defensively: Tyson and Shump. That's it.

Are we really gonna trade him, because he didn't snap back from injury to 100% in 8 months instead of 10 or 12?

Think of it like this. If he was still rehabbing like D.Rose is, not a one of you would think of trading him.

I know we're in win-now mode, but just for JJ Reddick? :smh: And who's to say how he'll look in April?

Yup.

Yeah good call on Shumpert. I was on board for trading him for any role player that I think would benefit but he's delivered.

Yeah how dare he not be great in his 2nd year a month in from surgery.

Also, Doc is one hell of a coach. Dudes vision is incredible.

Damn, I really wanted the Knicks to win yesterday's game. Dolan is one happy man. More $$$ on this Wed :smh:

Also Jason Terry flopped his *** off when J.R hit him, Stern really doesn't want to see the Knicks succeed huh :smh:

Last edited:
trollface.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom