Andre 3000 vol. underrated in the 90's?

I'm not going to argue who Andre is better than, because no one is changing their opinion on that and I'm not wasting keystrokes...

BUT you gotta give dude respect for evolving and becoming a different person on every damn Outkast album.

And no Stankonia wasn't a classic compared to their other albums, but it was dope. It's definitely different but how can you not appreciate "B.O.B.," "Red Velvet" and "I'll Call Before I Come?" And don't even tell me you don't know most/all the words to "Ms. Jackson."

Just think about this, Outkast came out in the 90s during a time when the competition was STRONG. Not only did they manage to make people take ATL seriously in hip hop they stayed relevant into the early 2000s. It wasn't because Dre (the better MC of the duo) was spitting garbage.

I'm not going to argue who Andre is better than, because no one is changing their opinion on that and I'm not wasting keystrokes...

BUT you gotta give dude respect for evolving and becoming a different person on every damn Outkast album.

And no Stankonia wasn't a classic compared to their other albums, but it was dope. It's definitely different but how can you not appreciate "B.O.B.," "Red Velvet" and "I'll Call Before I Come?" And don't even tell me you don't know most/all the words to "Ms. Jackson."

Just think about this, Outkast came out in the 90s during a time when the competition was STRONG. Not only did they manage to make people take ATL seriously in hip hop they stayed relevant into the early 2000s. It wasn't because Dre (the better MC of the duo) was spitting garbage.

Outkast was underrated in the 90s not just Andre. A few ppl do overrate him but it all evens out.

Outkast was underrated in the 90s not just Andre. A few ppl do overrate him but it all evens out.

Originally Posted by cartune

Theres a lot of rappers had they been born above the Dixon they would have been praised as gods

And there are hella average dudes from the East that get to skip the line because of where they happen to be from.
THIS.

Originally Posted by cartune

Theres a lot of rappers had they been born above the Dixon they would have been praised as gods

And there are hella average dudes from the East that get to skip the line because of where they happen to be from.
THIS.

Originally Posted by Hyper

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

he always been trash

Thank God I wasn't born with your ears.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

"The Love Below" still doesn't get the props it deserves. One of the best albums from the past ten years. of all time.

It's true, it's damn true.

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

"The Love Below" still doesn't get the props it deserves. One of the best albums from the past ten years. of all time.

It's true, it's damn true.

Im gonna through in the man they call CeeLo too
yea he's all the way mainstream now but he never got his just due either

Im gonna through in the man they call CeeLo too
yea he's all the way mainstream now but he never got his just due either

Back
Top Bottom