Andruw Jones is going to have a big year.. (The Sequal)

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

My dude dropped about 20-25..

New approach at the plate..
smokin.gif

30 bombs.. 90 rbi's... gold glove

nerd.gif

If there's anybody that can fix that bum's swing, it's Rudy Jaramillo...

Originally Posted by thetruth03

what makes him a bum?

defense is irrelevant?
Is he still even that good defensively?

laugh.gif
I ain't serious about him being a bum, but that dude's days ofbeing a good ball player are gone...

I'd love for him to prove me wrong though...

what a ###%!...
this cat comes in 20 pounds overwieght last year for us.
and now he's dropped 25 pounds?
i'm so glad i taught my 5 year old to boo this guy unmercifully.
smh.gif

he wouldn't even refer to him by his name. he was "The Bum"..

-J-

maybe last year was just his bad season... dude was a fraud though in terms of stealin money from the dodgers SMH

My dude dropped about 20-25..

#%**% needs to drop 50 lbs.
so he's 250 now.
laugh.gif

has he got his vision checked lately? cuz dude barely was even makin contact.
That aint even a "stopped juicin" fall off, he just stopped even hittin the ball altogether.

If he dropped 20 lbs he still would be overweight.

He closed out 2006 by batting .226 his last 62 games.
He then batted .222 in 2007.
He then batted .158 in 2008.

I dunno how much of that was from injuries and bad luck.....and perhaps he can get to "30 and 90" this year...but in my book "big year"would have to be .280, 35, and 100 I think. Also if he stays in the AL he would have to beat out last year's 3 OF for a gold glove and that ainthappening.

I hope he does finally figure things out though, honestly.

Also saw that "5 Tool Andruw" hasn't stolen more than 11 bases since 2000.
nono.gif

Is he still even that good defensively?
yes.. he still finds the ball off the bat quicker then any OF in the league.. If he plays 130+ games.. i will bet anybody on here whatever youwant he will be top 3 in the majors in put outs..

he about 220-225.. thats not overweight for his size.. he WAS overweight though.. obviously..

Also if he stays in the AL he would have to beat out last year's 3 OF for a gold glove and that aint happening.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

He's been bad for 2 1/2 seasons already.

offensively.. yes

He might see the ball off the bat well, but he needs a taxi to get into the gaps to make catches with his lumbering a^^

I can't believe nobody posted the .gif of Andruw cracking up in the dugout. C'mon, NT...

That was basically my reaction anyway...

Freakin Andruw Jones
smh.gif

The dodgers had so much invested in him, but he came to the club with the wrong mentality.

he came in at least 25-30lbs overweight, his mechanics at the plate dissapeared, he lost a step in the outfield and he let the dodger crowd get the best ofhim.

He was given every opportunity to succeed, and i mean EVERY opportunity.

Defensively, if he did lose that 20lbs, i can see him being better than last year. When he was patrolling CF at the ravine there were flyballs / popups hecouldnt even sprint to them because of that excess weight he had.

as far as mechanics at the plate, i dont know what the hell happened, his swing just got
sick.gif
sick.gif

he lost his balance, he would be leaning out swinging at balls out of the strike zone, his backfoot would be all outta whack it was just disgusting.

sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom