Anfernee Hardaway= Hall of Fame?

Originally Posted by 3900stabler

Also, the hof does take in account injuries. Bill walton played 13-14 seasons in the league and half the time he spent on the bench wearing a suit do to injuries. Now, i'm not comparing the two players just stating the both player's career was cut short due to injuries. Not to mention penny was on the first "big" guards in the league that could handle the rock. Dude was 6'7 could shoot, blow by you and create his own shot. Without him we ain't talkin about d.rose, d.will and for that matter hedo or t-mac. Penny revolutionized the way we look at perimeter players in the league.
The basketball HOF doesn't take injuries into account. Walton was an MVP, Finals MVP and even at the end of his career when he wasn'tclose to being the great player he was, he still managed to be named 6th Man of The Year on a championship Celtics squad... all that without bringing up hislegacy at UCLA.

And Penny did not "revolutionize the way we look at perimeter players".

i dont get why so many people on here slurp slurp the guy so much. are you guys even old enough to remember him playing in orlando? cause i only somewhat doand im old.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Rukawa sj

Speaking of hall of fame, is Paul Pierce a hall of famer?
Before the Ring I'd prolly say no .... maybe get his # retired by the Celts... but now he's most likely in just not first ballot

Coming from one of his biggest followers........HELL NO!!

Still my all-time fave though.

at the end of the day all i am saying is barring injuries this guy was clearly one of the best in his generation. I am not and was never a penny or orlando fanbut let me ask you this question if penny was never injured would you take him over ray allen? If you are honest with yourself you would take penny. I love rayallen's game but lets be honest he put up a lot of points for teams that didn't go anywhere. Ray is a future hof but the only area where ray had anadvantage is shooting. Every other catergory you would take penny. Penny and ray played in the same number of nba finals; penny lost his to a great rocketsteam with atleast 2 hof (hakeem,drexler) and a possible 3rd in horry and a very solid pg in kenny smith. Ray won his title with 2 other sure fire hof against aweak lakers team with only one hof in kobe. if the rockets played that same lakers team they would beat them. hell if that orlando team that played in thefinals played the 08 lakers they would have beat them to.

at the end of the day all i am saying is barring injuries this guy was clearly one of the best in his generation. I am not and was never a penny or orlando fan but let me ask you this question if penny was never injured would you take him over ray allen? If you are honest with yourself you would take penny. I love ray allen's game but lets be honest he put up a lot of points for teams that didn't go anywhere. Ray is a future hof but the only area where ray had an advantage is shooting. Every other catergory you would take penny. Penny and ray played in the same number of nba finals; penny lost his to a great rockets team with atleast 2 hof (hakeem,drexler) and a possible 3rd in horry and a very solid pg in kenny smith. Ray won his title with 2 other sure fire hof against a weak lakers team with only one hof in kobe. if the rockets played that same lakers team they would beat them. hell if that orlando team that played in the finals played the 08 lakers they would have beat them to.
1. No on is arguing Penny's talent and accomplishments in his short lived career.
2. I don't get how anyone thinks Robert Horry is a Hall of Fame.
3. The Lakers were favorite to win. Gasol is an All-Star.

If Penny gets in the Grant Hill gets in... I see them both as the same type of career... expect Grant was never shot before.

By the way no he does not get in....

Originally Posted by goukiteg

at the end of the day all i am saying is barring injuries this guy was clearly one of the best in his generation. I am not and was never a penny or orlando fan but let me ask you this question if penny was never injured would you take him over ray allen? If you are honest with yourself you would take penny. I love ray allen's game but lets be honest he put up a lot of points for teams that didn't go anywhere. Ray is a future hof but the only area where ray had an advantage is shooting. Every other catergory you would take penny. Penny and ray played in the same number of nba finals; penny lost his to a great rockets team with atleast 2 hof (hakeem,drexler) and a possible 3rd in horry and a very solid pg in kenny smith. Ray won his title with 2 other sure fire hof against a weak lakers team with only one hof in kobe. if the rockets played that same lakers team they would beat them. hell if that orlando team that played in the finals played the 08 lakers they would have beat them to.
1. No on is arguing Penny's talent and accomplishments in his short lived career.
2. I don't get how anyone thinks Robert Horry is a Hall of Fame.
3. The Lakers were favorite to win. Gasol is an All-Star.
Lakers were not the favorite to win in 08

I think Grant Hill can probably possibly somehow someway maybe make it ... longevity FTW .

Back
Top Bottom