Announcing album leaks will get you banned.

Originally Posted by M16

Kiss and Em aren't even in L's league so just stop. First we have a dude say 50 Cent and Nelly are better rappers than Kool G Rap and Rakim (
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
)
Now Lifestylez isn't top 5 of '95 ? I don't even know why I post here anymore.

Listen, I am as big an L fan as anyone else. I wasn't up on Big L from jump, but got into his music after he died and Big Picture dropped. Dude is amonster. But to say he is the UNDISPUTED greatest is ridiculous. It's being disputed in the very thread, so by definition it isn't undisputed. I thinkPun is better than L and IMO Capital Punishment > Lifestylez, does that make my opinion fact, no. Many educated lyricist, even including those you say arein your top 5 wouldn't consider Big L the best, so you're contradicting yourself right then and there.

You can say all you want about Em, but as a pure lyricist very few are touching him, not even L imo. The man has released plenty of garbage, no one is sayinghe hasn't. He has brought with him a bunch of teeny boppers, but to categorize everyone he has brought into hip hop as such would be ignorant andshort-sighted. Given all that at the end of the day based on volume of material released alone you have to give him the nod over L. Why? Who knows what wouldhave happened to him over time...he could have fell off harder than Em did. Perhaps taken the Fabolous road?!? You take the best 20+ songs in L's careerand 20+ songs in Em's career and Em > L. And thats a logical argument, not calling your opinion fact, which is what you're doing...

I meant undisputed in my eyes.

Em > L ?
laugh.gif

The 20 song argument only works because Big L died at 23... and IMO, it's not even true.

Originally Posted by M16

I meant undisputed in my eyes.

Em > L ?
laugh.gif

The 20 song argument only works because Big L died at 23... and IMO, it's not even true.

Yes Em > L.... Is Pujols > Aaron? At the pace that he's going there is a possibility that he could get there....but if he died right now he wouldntbe. Longevity matters. And if it's so laughable name your twenty tracks....

say 50 Cent and Nelly are better rappers than Kool G Rap and Rakim
they are.
lulz
Fif and Nelly are way more popular than G Rap and Ra so they are automatically superior in every way.
lulz
They are in the business of sellin music. fif @ nelly > g and ra with sales.
lulz
why cant u see this?
eyes.gif

people only buy what they think is worth their hard earned money. Fifty and Nelly are worth more to rap than G and Ra.

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

say 50 Cent and Nelly are better rappers than Kool G Rap and Rakim
they are.
lulz
Fif and Nelly are way more popular than G Rap and Ra so they are automatically superior in every way.
lulz
They are in the business of sellin music. fif @ nelly > g and ra with sales.
lulz
why cant u see this?
eyes.gif

people only buy what they think is worth their hard earned money. Fifty and Nelly are worth more to rap than G and Ra.

smh.gif
@ me not seeing the "lulz"

Kinda off topic but I saw Lupe mentioned earlier and one of MEB's posts just made me curious....MEB what do you think about Lupe? Not tryin to start anargument or anything, I'm just curious.
laugh.gif

Anyway...I look forward to this release. My expectations aren't too high but that's probably a good thing. Should be a pretty solid album nonethelessthough.

Em must be doin something right if his album post turns into a debate about who are the greatest rappers... I mean, WHO CARES? Em is different from all theguys yall are talking about anyway.. Let him be him

With that said, M16, shut up

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

Kinda off topic but I saw Lupe mentioned earlier and one of MEB's posts just made me curious....MEB what do you think about Lupe? Not tryin to start an argument or anything, I'm just curious.
laugh.gif

Anyway...I look forward to this release. My expectations aren't too high but that's probably a good thing. Should be a pretty solid album nonetheless though.

I think he's overrated garbage. He's trying to be conscious and lyrical like underground dudes while still having some mainstream/pop appeal with somesoft singing and R&B hooks, but he fails at both. His lyrics are unimpressive and I feel like he tries way too hard. His fans always hold him up as somesort of genius (see: Lupe breakdown threads) which is annoying as hell. I can't stand his voice or flow either, so he's basically unlistenable to forme.

finally i agree with you lol ... i could not have said it any better myself, in fact, i got stonefaced repeatedly when i said the exact same thing about himtrying tooooooo hard ... to me everything with him sounds so forced and planned out its disgusting ... i guess thats why i like em so much he sounds like hecould rap in his sleep ...but as for lupe, epic fail ...

Originally Posted by M16

I think he's overrated garbage. He's trying to be conscious and lyrical like underground dudes while still having some mainstream/pop appeal with some soft singing and R&B hooks, but he fails at both. His lyrics are unimpressive and I feel like he tries way too hard. His fans always hold him up as some sort of genius (see: Lupe breakdown threads) which is annoying as hell. I can't stand his voice or flow either, so he's basically unlistenable to for me.
Agreeing with everything here. Lupe bores the heck outta me (and no, his stuff doesn't fly over my head)

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

Kinda off topic but I saw Lupe mentioned earlier and one of MEB's posts just made me curious....MEB what do you think about Lupe? Not tryin to start an argument or anything, I'm just curious.
laugh.gif

Anyway...I look forward to this release. My expectations aren't too high but that's probably a good thing. Should be a pretty solid album nonetheless though.

I think he's overrated garbage. He's trying to be conscious and lyrical like underground dudes while still having some mainstream/pop appeal with some soft singing and R&B hooks, but he fails at both. His lyrics are unimpressive and I feel like he tries way too hard. His fans always hold him up as some sort of genius (see: Lupe breakdown threads) which is annoying as hell. I can't stand his voice or flow either, so he's basically unlistenable to for me.
Well damn...
laugh.gif

I strongly disagree but I'm not gonna argue because you obviously have your reasons.

I was just curious, and now I know.

May 5th: "Old Time's Sake" Feat. Dr. Dre
May 12th: "Beautiful"

A single a week. Relapse (the album) on the 19th.

Bye.

cant wait...
i also have noticed that "3 A.M." is the leading single for the album...
and that the video was shot in the rain and is complete and will drop some time soon. (before May 5th)...
it looks like "Crack A Bottle" & "We Made You" might end up as bonus iTunes tracks...(could possibly happen)

Good cuz We Made You is ehhh.

Relapse Tracklisting

01) Dr. West (Skit) 01:29
02) 3am 05:20
03) My Mom 05:20
04) Insane 03:01
05) Bagpipes From Baghdad 04:43
06) Hello 04:08
07) Tonya (Skit) 00:43
08) Same Song & Dance 04:08
09) We Made You 04:30
10) Medicine Ball 03:57
11) Paul (Skit) 00:19
12) Stay Wide Awake 05:20
13) Old Time's Sake f. Dr. Dre 04:35
14) Must Be The Ganja 04:03
15) Mr. Mathers 00:42
16) Deja Vu 04:43
17) Beautiful 06:32
18) Crack A Bottle f. Dr. Dre & 50 Cent 04:58
19) Steve Berman (Skit) 01:29
20) Underground/Ken Kaniff 06:19

Here it is folks, I don't know if this is the official final track listing but It's all over the internet so I'm assuming it is. According to iTunes the next leak will be "Old Times Sake" feat. Dr. Dre and then another official single "Beautiful". Album in stores May 19.

Originally Posted by MiKeY iCe 23

Relapse Tracklisting

01) Dr. West (Skit) 01:29 ?????????????????????????????????
02) 3am 05:20
03) My Mom 05:20
04) Insane 03:01
05) Bagpipes From Baghdad 04:43
06) Hello 04:08
07) Tonya (Skit) 00:43
08) Same Song & Dance 04:08
09) We Made You 04:30
10) Medicine Ball 03:57
11) Paul (Skit) 00:19
12) Stay Wide Awake 05:20
13) Old Time's Sake f. Dr. Dre 04:35
14) Must Be The Ganja 04:03
15) Mr. Mathers 00:42
16) Deja Vu 04:43
17) Beautiful 06:32
18) Crack A Bottle f. Dr. Dre & 50 Cent 04:58
19) Steve Berman (Skit) 01:29
20) Underground/Ken Kaniff 06:19

Here it is folks, I don't know if this is the official final track listing but It's all over the internet so I'm assuming it is. According to iTunes the next leak will be "Old Times Sake" feat. Dr. Dre and then another official single "Beautiful". Album in stores May 19.

Kanye?!?
eek.gif

Tracklist looks suspect but so did the Pomsomp Hills site
laugh.gif
anything ispossible with Em...

Back
Top Bottom