Annoying Retail Employees vol Leave Me Alone

I was at Best Buy ... ninjas thought they was slick. Didn't wanna do @#%%. Hid in the back and let the 'mentally challenged' guy help everyone. I'm talking cerebral palsy. Dude typed a word an hour. Yea I felt bad, I ain't ruthless. But I wanted to hit somebody.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by 1000xCartel

OP- i work in retail. You just dont know how it is working in retail, i can agree with the last thing you said, though.

I managed a store before and was an assistant manager in another store.  I know exactly how it is and it's annoying. I really don't blame it on the employees though, it's more the higher ups who think you get better sales by harrassing customers, and the managers who brainwash that crap on their employees.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

OP- i work in retail. You just dont know how it is working in retail, i can agree with the last thing you said, though.

I managed a store before and was an assistant manager in another store.  I know exactly how it is and it's annoying. I really don't blame it on the employees though, it's more the higher ups who think you get better sales by harrassing customers, and the managers who brainwash that crap on their employees.

was this the same place that laid you off? Salty they won't call ya indigent *## back huh...

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

was this the same place that laid you off? Salty they won't call ya indigent *## back huh...

why would i be salty,  their paying me 80% of my old salary every other week to go to school, travel the country, and not be tied down to a work schedule. factor that in with whatever side money i make on ebay and i'm winning.

I'll be honest...I'm surprised that I haven't been fired yet, because I NEVER pay customers any mind.
laugh.gif

I'm only at least respectful when I'm working cashier...cause you have no choice there, and it makes the day go faster.

I'm the complete opposite of a people person.

Originally Posted by FallenGodofWar

IMASOLEMAN18 said:
i hate when im at a restaurant and the people ask you if everythings alright 2 minutes after you get your food

When I worked at IHOP, they wanted us to do it after 30 seconds

Like that ain't even enough time to properly apply my syrup and cut my pancakes...
smh.gif

I don't know how it taste yet %%@#

I use to get hot when someone whistled at me to get my attention. Hispanic people were terrible about this
laugh.gif
smh.gif
I always ignored them if they did this.

why would i be salty,  their paying me 80% of my old salary every other week to go to school, travel the country, and not be tied down to a work schedule. factor that in with whatever side money i make on eBay and I'm winning.

Your selling Grey bottom on field new eras... you were never winning....

why would i be salty,  their paying me 80% of my old salary every other week to go to school, travel the country, and not be tied down to a work schedule. factor that in with whatever side money i make on eBay and I'm winning.

Your selling Grey bottom on field new eras... you were never winning....

laugh.gif
  grey bottoms > black bottoms hat wise.    i've gotten close to $100 off some og yankee world series fitteds before.

being able to get up and catch a flight to anywhere i wanna go to and not having to worry about calling in sick to no job and enjoying life = winning to me.

Originally Posted by AG 47

FallenGodofWar said:
IMASOLEMAN18 said:
i hate when im at a restaurant and the people ask you if everythings alright 2 minutes after you get your food

When I worked at IHOP, they wanted us to do it after 30 seconds

Like that ain't even enough time to properly apply my syrup and cut my pancakes...
smh.gif

I don't know how it taste yet %%#!

I know. I never did it within 30 secs. I let them get about 5-6 bites in, look busy with other tables then come back to check

man this is what i HATE at shoe stores...i just want to look around damn
smh.gif

quit asking what i want
if i want to try them out
or what new releases there are
or even ask where i bought the shoes im wearing

You sound like a herb.

OH NO THE EMPLOYEES SAID HI AND ASKED IF I NEEDED HELP. THE FIRST THING I'M GOING TO DO WHEN I GET HOME IS MAKE A THREAD ABOUT HOW ANNOYED I AM.

Working retail myself is a pain especially if you have stupid customers.

Honestly though, I would rather have a customer tell me "I'm just looking." Before I even say anything when I approach them, rather than my manager *****ing at me because of a customer complaint saying they didn't get any help.

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

i actually prefer that you bammas ask me if things are goin fine...
you never give enough napkins from the get go and also gotta ask for a1 or even ketchup sometimes
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

OP, you say you can't stand employees who try to talk to you, but then you don't like lazy employees who keep their distance and talk to their fellow employees
roll.gif
which one do you want?

Anyway I work at best buy... and yeah our managers are all about "starting a conversation" with everyone who comes through the door. Its straight with some people.. I mean I'm geting paid to be there, why not chat with strangers... but some people just want to be left alone.

i work in retail (finishline) and i hate bothering people as to, i dont like to be overly bothered. i'll check in with them but no more than 1 or 2 times after greeting. That way i acknowledge them, ask if they have questions then see if they want to try anything on.

we have to achieve numbers that just simply cant be done. it really is the upper district managers pushing these ridiculous numbers and what not.

I can agree with everything you said though OP. periodically checking in with me is fine, but over doing it or not at all, is just #@%@*+%+

Originally Posted by mike2389

i work in retail (finishline) and i hate bothering people as to, i dont like to be overly bothered. i'll check in with them but no more than 1 or 2 times after greeting. That way i acknowledge them, ask if they have questions then see if they want to try anything on.

we have to achieve numbers that just simply cant be done. it really is the upper district managers pushing these ridiculous numbers and what not.

I can agree with everything you said though OP. periodically checking in with me is fine, but over doing it or not at all, is just !!#%*%@$

I worked at finishline for a few months. Truly hated it. Managers were always bugging us about our accessory numbers. It'd be crazy awkward to be like, hey man you should get some insoles with those shoes..
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

OP, you say you can't stand employees who try to talk to you, but then you don't like lazy employees who keep their distance and talk to their fellow employees
roll.gif
which one do you want?

Anyway I work at best buy... and yeah our managers are all about "starting a conversation" with everyone who comes through the door. Its straight with some people.. I mean I'm geting paid to be there, why not chat with strangers... but some people just want to be left alone.

i never said that,  i'm all for a friendly greeting.    i'm not for being hounded by 5 different people   1 with some random fusion shoe in their hand trying to pitch it to me, another trying to pitch insoles to me, and another one following me everywhere i go asking if i need help every 45 seconds it's annoying. 

i know they have a job to do, and that's how their trained so their not really at fault but the suits higher up need to realize that crap is bad business.  i know they have a manager who's nagging them to be on top of customers so usually their just following orders.

i posted earlier that having worked retail, i would say wusup to customers and talk to them about whatever if they were cool but i wouldn't be hounding them everywhere they go in the store because it's uncomfortable. i made friends and networked with a good amount of customers because unlike everyone who followed the textbook manual when it came to greeting and dealing with them.  it was alot of times where people would only buy stuff when i was there because the other employees would make them uncomfortable with the nagging and bugging.

Originally Posted by mike2389

I can agree with everything you said though OP. periodically checking in with me is fine, but over doing it or not at all, is just #@%@*+%+

and thats what it is pretty much,   you have the district managers putting their foot in the managers butts  who in return put their feet in the employees butts.

i remember i got so much crap because i didn't nag some little kid to buy all the add on stuff because the little barely had enough money to get a hat,  let the litte guy keep whatever cash he has left to go get somethin to eat rather then leave him broke.  those dudes are vicious when it comes to those add on sales and crap.

i remember having the
embarassed.gif
and then
laugh.gif
face when some customer cussed our district manager out when he was training some new hires because he asked the same customer 7 times if he wanted to get an add on item and kept nagging him about it.  it's a bad look when your training new people and you get cussed out for nagging because their thinking to themselves "do i really gotta do this crap"

Yeah I see your point, I mean from the perspective of the employees though, its not like we know if someone has been talked to or not.

I always laugh when I talk to someone and they go "just looking" then a minute later they bombard you with questions.

i work at a mom and pops store and i know my boundaries. i always say whats up when they walk in then wait till they touch something. let them know the deals. leave them alone till they give me eye contact again. learned by experience. one time dude said "quit following me before i sock you in your face" lol...

Originally Posted by roboski

2. Employees who try and push stupid add on items and are persistent about it.   Footlocker, Footaction, Champs, Lids  please read this one.    Again I blame this one on the corporate suits who give managers unrealistic sales goals and want them to reach these numbers and have a certain percentage of add on sales,  shoe cleaners,  hat cleaners, insoles, hatracks etc. The managers then bug their employees about nagging customers about this stuff  which is why you'll have a footlocker employee damn near ready to top you off if you buy insoles, or a cleaner because of those stupid sales numbers. Again just like with the greeting and asking me if i need help, I don't mind them offering it once but asking me if I'm sure over and over again is just annoying,  I was sure the first time so why would I change my mind next time around.

Wow
laugh.gif
. That was me back in High School when i use to work at Champs trying hard as hell to sell some insoles, cleaner, and socks (1,2,3's).

Saying dumb stuff like, "May i interest you in some insoles? there really good if your active and going to gym cause it absorbs shock from constant pounding the ground gives off that may affect your ankles and knees and it relieves joint pain in your legs. Once i see that there somewhat interested then i go even further and say stupid stuff like Usain Bolt wore these at last years Olympics and it got a 5 star rating in this months Runners Digest. That crap would actually work to
happy.gif
lol I hate employees like you
laugh.gif
whenever I know someone is BS'in I call them out and be like "damn, I don't remember readin that"

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

Worst is the smart a hole at the register trying to get cool with you by saying shiet like

"This sale is just for YOU, dont tell anyone Im hooking you up" Gave dude a mean attitude after insulting my intelligence like that.

almost punched him but dude was a loser already so pass..
got you thinkin your gettin the denise 5 layer burrito taco bell deal
laugh.gif

lmao, i almost cried

Back
Top Bottom