Another Dave Chappelle appreciation thread

Went to San Francisco over thanksgiving break.  Watched for what its worth again on the plane ride there.  Appreciated

RIP Michael Jackson. Hmm never again!

When I heard Conan was replacing Leno, I was crossing my fingers that somehow, someway, Chappelle would take over Late Night.

At least The Roots got on. :\

Appreciated, even if he did choke in the face of his own success.

What made the show great was the range of topics he touched on. Tyrone Biggums should have had a Survivor episode, like the Fear Factor one.

Can anyone explain exactly what happened what led to him dipping away while he was doing so well?

iLLest!
From my understanding, the powers that be at Comedy Central wanted Dave to put on a dress for a skit, but Dave refused. The money wasn't worth being dehumanized to him. Also from my understanding of what Neil Brennan has said, a comedy central executive supposedly told Dave that he could do the show without Neil. I think that that is what fueled the beef between Neil and Dave. Lastly, Dave went to Africa because he's not well known over there.

Again, this is my understanding of what I've heard multiple people say from podcasts like the champs, actors studio, oprah interview, etc about this situation.

Last edited:
Can anyone explain exactly what happened what led to him dipping away while he was doing so well?
iLLest!

He saw things for what they are and not what they present themselves to be. I cant say what was going on in his mind but for what its worth, i guess he didn't want to sell out.

Last edited:

iLLest!

From my understanding, the powers that be at Comedy Central wanted Dave to put on a dress for a skit, but Dave refused. The money wasn't worth being dehumanized to him. Also from my understanding of what Neil Brennan has said, a comedy central executive supposedly told Dave that he could do the show without Neil. I think that that is what fueled the beef between Neil and Dave. Lastly, Dave went to Africa because he's not well known over there.

Again, this is my understanding of what I've heard multiple people say from podcasts like the champs, actors studio, oprah interview, etc about this situation.

:lol: at east give him a serious answer as well..

iLLest!

answers a ton of questions one might have about chappelle...

i thought, meh... i'll watch a few minutes... i watched the entire thing twice...

this would clear up a lot of the air... he's still kind of vague about WHY he left EXACTLY... but he leaves some hints here and there...

iLLest!

laugh.gif
at east give him a serious answer as well..
I don't know exactly what happened. I'm just putting out what I've heard.

deff appreciated

killing them softly
half baked
black white supremisist
tyrone biggums
rick james
mad real world

some of my favorites
:pimp:

Back
Top Bottom