Another reason to only buy what you actually like.

Originally Posted by air max 87

If im correct this is the first time restocks products within such a short period of times these "re-releases" are new product, not product bein found or bein pulled from other various locations...

while OP makes a valid point I dont want people thinking that this trend is gonna continue, for all we know it wont and youll have people passin on shoes now waitin for a ""re-release"" that may never come....
All I'm saying is that while FTL struggles if your buying "limited" sneakers with the intention to sit on them and sell them for more a short time later, keep in the back of your head that nike has shown it has no problem sending FTL these hot releases. The eggplants will release shortly after the coppers (already had the mold), the Freshwaters re-released while griffey retros were still coming out in new colorways, mold for the pennys wasn't old so the atlantic penny ii's were easy to produce. I'm not saying this will be forever or that they will do it to a high volume of shoes (it is somewhat at their convenience as they didn't need to do anything new to rerelease these products other than buy purple dye, teal dye etc.). I'm just warning people who used to stock up on shoes with intentions to sell 2-3 pairs 8-12 months later to get their pair for free essentially, this strategy may not be so fool proof anymore. I bought 2 pairs of atlantics just because they were the sneakers that got me into sneakers. I got offers from friends of 225 immediately after release and turned them down, now they go for under retail, luckily I bought them to wear.

i fully understand wat OP sayin bout re-releasing of things. there are much mom n pop stores around. i only shop at footlocker n athletes foot. dont care 4 a HOH cause thats where every1 would expect 2 go. but some mom n pop stores are very crooked...

damn ...... i aint seen an athletes foot in like 10 years. Thought they went completely under.

People are going to resell %#%%, no way of avoiding that. F*** em. I hope certain %#%% does get re-stocked, cause those idiots who pay double the money are going to look stupid. Can't lie though, I love limited %#%%. Its a certain feeling of, ha, I got it and everyone else does not.

I dont consider myself a hypebeast but I DO buy a lot of limited shoes because most of the time, truth be told, they're the sneakers I WANT in my collection. F- what everyone else buys. And F if nike re-releases them later. The re released version is a good way for people to get them who missed out the first time. Why be mad, its not like they jack the price up second go round.

Originally Posted by inchecksince81

I dont consider myself a hypebeast but I DO buy a lot of limited shoes because most of the time, truth be told, they're the sneakers I WANT in my collection. F- what everyone else buys. And F if nike re-releases them later. The re released version is a good way for people to get them who missed out the first time. Why be mad, its not like they jack the price up second go round.

who's mad?

This is what I always wondered as a lifelong shoehead: why wouldn't nike just re-release the shoes every two years on a continual basis? This would cut out the resellers, which annoy me ( I'm not against people getting their money, but after a while charging people damn near ransom money for shoes is absurd). It's not like they would lose any money behind it, people will still buy a shoe for whatever reason on each release. Either they would want a new pair or they missed out on the last release. I guess this solution of making money on popular models and customers actually being satisfied is to much of an ideal. Oh well....
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Finishline doesn't have the reputation or appeal that footlocker has. Finishline is to cookie cutter and boring with its overly bright lighting and lame employees. Go into a footlocker or footaction employees are fairly knowledgeable about their shoes and usually want to hook u up . Footlocker and crew try to be mom and pop and encourage employees to be casual wit employees. Finsihline is just to sterile and they basically tell u up front their job is to sell u a pair of running shoes everything else is extra .

Nike knows this and thats why they give Finishline a weak account .
All companies have employees that have no clue what they're talking about. Footlocker is losing $$$ by their employees hooking people up, think about it, selling a $150 shoe for $50?
eyes.gif
. Anytime ive walked into a FTL MOST of the employees are chilling talking. you cant go into a FNL without being greated. And no, FNL is up and FTL is down.

As far as what Nike is doing now, by re-releasing retros within a short time span...I'm all for it. In fact, I'd like to see more and more of this moving forward. I think the economy is showing Nike that consumers just don't have the funds anymore to continuously sell out sneakers that would normally sell out easily...

Re-dropping kicks like the Eggplant Foamposites helps people who missed out the first time, and also screws up the reselling game somewhat because dudes don't feel as obligated to buy for a higher price later on...although there is no guarantee what shoes will re-release, I am happy with Nike doing this..

Foot Locker on the other hand should be very thankful for Nike's continued support. I think it's quite easy to understand that Nike doesn't need FTL to survive, as much as FTL needs Nike to survive...but for FTL's sake, I'm glad they're getting more product in because everytime I go to a FTL, they hardly have anything worth buying...

I copped the Eggplants cause I liked em, glad they rereleasin for those that didn't cop. Still need to get a pair of Atlantic Penny II's tho. I feel what u sayin OP, but let em live. If they wanna cop for stupid reasons such as the exclusivity of a shoe, then let em rock. But while they retail+ cause of hype, we can cop for retail-
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Finishline doesn't have the reputation or appeal that footlocker has. Finishline is to cookie cutter and boring with its overly bright lighting and lame employees. Go into a footlocker or footaction employees are fairly knowledgeable about their shoes and usually want to hook u up . Footlocker and crew try to be mom and pop and encourage employees to be casual wit employees. Finsihline is just to sterile and they basically tell u up front their job is to sell u a pair of running shoes everything else is extra .

Nike knows this and thats why they give Finishline a weak account .
my first QFT
laugh.gif

double post, but uhhh why have Footlocker locations that haven't seen heat since the day they opened getting the copper foams? Because I'm 100% right and nike is intent on saving footlockers $*#. They cut off their retro allocations five-six years back for letting some retros be part of those buy 1 get 1 half off deals, and now that their about to go out of business they are getting everything they want.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

As far as what Nike is doing now, by re-releasing retros within a short time span...I'm all for it. In fact, I'd like to see more and more of this moving forward. I think the economy is showing Nike that consumers just don't have the funds anymore to continuously sell out sneakers that would normally sell out easily...

Re-dropping kicks like the Eggplant Foamposites helps people who missed out the first time, and also screws up the reselling game somewhat because dudes don't feel as obligated to buy for a higher price later on...although there is no guarantee what shoes will re-release, I am happy with Nike doing this..

Foot Locker on the other hand should be very thankful for Nike's continued support. I think it's quite easy to understand that Nike doesn't need FTL to survive, as much as FTL needs Nike to survive...but for FTL's sake, I'm glad they're getting more product in because everytime I go to a FTL, they hardly have anything worth buying...
Nike obviously could live without FTL but it wouldn't make fiscal sense. Do you know what it costs to build a niketown? Do you know what rents in major malls are like? Retail is more of a gamble because there is a ton of overhead. Not that there isn't overhead in manufacturing but thats nikes game, manufacturing. They are quite sure they know how to manufacture but distribution without FTL is alot harder than you think. How many niketowns are there in the country? A dozen? FTL owns FA, Eastbay and champs. I'd venture to say FTL is nikes biggest distribution outlet, Eastbay is 2nd, Footaction is 3rd, Finishline is 4th and Champs is 5th. Now back in the day Fa was its own company and there were also athletes foot, and smaller chains like sneaker stadium. If footlocker were to cave that leaves finishline and mom and pops stores. Finishline isn't in every part of the country and wouldn't be able to store the volume of sneakers necessary for nike to at least keep pace in sales. Mom and pops stores would have the ability to skim off the top with much less competition. I don't see why people can't understand that though nike could live without FTL, it wouldn't be pleasant. 

Back
Top Bottom