Another reason to only buy what you actually like.

Those of you who buy anything with a limited tag slapped on it (hypebeast) need to stop. Resell prices, and lines and all that have been discussed 1,000 times over so I will leave that be, but has anyone noticed the new trend with nike? If it sells bring it back a couple months later?
Freshwater Griffeys sold well, suddenly they are back in stock

Volt Griffs same story

Eggplant foams sold well, they are re-releasing a year later

Atlantic Penny II "quickstrike" sold out and is now on eastbay

Air maxes are a given so I won't even go into the fact neon 95's and infrared 90's come out pretty much yearly. 

It seems in this new economy nike is starting to produce extra of anything that sells out, also it seems there is a correlation between these and footlocker/footaction/champs/eastbay (all the same company). They are the only one getting restocks on the griffeys and pennys and their hoh footlocker stores get way more foams then most locations. About 700 compared to 24-36 for a regular store. Seems as if the economy has put a hurting on footlockers pockets and nike is throwing them a life raft to keep afloat. Nike needs footlocker as much as footlocker needs nike, if footlocker goes under mom and pop stores will be able to hike up prices on hot sellers, finishline doesn't have enough stores to handle all the extra orders. Athletes foot isn't that big either. Niketowns are only in big cities. Nike will always be nike but I'm sure they aren't trying to find out if they can grow or even keep sales pace without footlocker. 

Those of you buying items just to resell, you have no reason to be mad if you see the same item at footlocker 6 months down the road for retail with full size runs available, history repeats itself and this is the new trend. I'm not saying this is will be extremely common, but I don't think it will be that rare either. Maybe 3-4 styles a year, its not like that many nikes sell out now a days 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 86KB8KOBE86

if footlocker goes under mom and pop stores will be able to hike up prices on hot sellers, finishline doesn't have enough stores to handle all the extra orders.

or maybe just maybe mom and pops stores will be able to survive and will start putting money back into your local community instead of just sucking it out to some large corporation. Mom and pops will get better allocations and you will get better customer service and shopping experience.

eyes.gif

I hate limited $&@%. But if ...... I LIKE IT ...... I'll try to cop. Alot of thirsty HOH beasts out there goin hard. Some people like to get what they think other people will like and get attention (ego boost). Not MY M.O.

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

if footlocker goes under mom and pop stores will be able to hike up prices on hot sellers, finishline doesn't have enough stores to handle all the extra orders.

or maybe just maybe mom and pops stores will be able to survive and will start putting money back into your local community instead of just sucking it out to some large corporation. Mom and pops will get better allocations and you will get better customer service and shopping experience.

eyes.gif
I already shop at mom and pops stores and have a connect so I don't get the face. The mom and pops stores will be better for some customers (with connections) and maybe not so much for others, but for Nike I think they would rather Footlocker be there knowing they are imposed huge fines if caught selling early or above msrp. Mom and pops stores face these same fines however it is easy to get around. Ie scan item of the same price, keep boxtag or upc and scan on date of release. I would be happy too see it be nothing but mom and pops shops, but I think Nike would rather keep the big guys around and that has been evidenced lately. If you remember nike put them (FTL) in this position in the first place. Before the economy went to +$$%$ Nike stopped filling footlockers orders of retro j's, air forces and pretty much any other hot seller because on occasion if a retro shoe didn't sell well it would be part of the buy 1 get 1 50% off deals. Nike had restricted them from doing this with J's af1's am's etc and footlocker did it anyway. I think this is nike just showing who is boss. We can run you out of business, or keep you around, whatever we feel is advantageous to our bottom line at the time. 

Many places across the country don't have mom and pops and are dependent on Footlockers and Finishlines

Sometimes on this board I think some of you think this is NY Talk.

Anyway, I'm glad this is happening. Hopefully it will get resellers second guessing themselves, so they won't go out an buy multiple pairs of kicks stopping others from getting a pair easily or at a decent price.

If you're a young junior or high school kid today, you might have a hard time finding heat or developing a love for sneakers. As someone who couldn't get a lot of the sneakers I wanted when I was young because of price. I doubt parents are going to spend $50 or more over retail on ebay to appease their kids.

i dont get the point of this post?

are you mad at nike?

are you mad at footlocker?

dont like resellers?

or something else..... cause i really dont get it

im not tryin to be a *@%* or anything, i just wanna know what your sayin?

Prolly just Mad. I hope they FTL dont go outta buisness. Alot of them are shutting down though. espicly in the DMV. well at least threw my observation.

Originally Posted by air max 87

are you mad at nike?

dont like resellers?

I'm actually happy for the rereleases. Although I already have a pair of freshwater griffeys and 2 atlantic pennys I wanted a second pair of griffeys so this was good for me. I'm more happy that people who really wanted them could get pairs then I am mad that the ones I already owned declined in value. It was just an observation I made, I found it funny that nike is coming to save footlockers $*% when they were withholding hot retro shoes from them just about five-six years back which was killing them. Nike isn't only exploiting us (shoddy materials) were just one step of the equation. They realize they would rather save footlockers $*% by sending them restocks of hot sellers than let them dissolve as a company all together, and put niketowns across the country. They realize this is a high risk time to build and they are no less likely to succeed with extra retail stores than footlocker was. So they are sending them these restocks to help footlocker stay afloat but they are actually doing it fro themselves.

Just a post to shed light on how nike takes advantage of the retailer, and the customer, but at the end of the day they realize they need us and do just enough to keep us around. So much time is spent on the consumers view, but no one realizes what happens in the retail aspect. At least imo, if you think the post is pointless that's fine, just an observation I thought some might find interesting regarding nike/footlocker/ and the sale of retro sneakers.

Finishline doesn't have the reputation or appeal that footlocker has. Finishline is to cookie cutter and boring with its overly bright lighting and lame employees. Go into a footlocker or footaction employees are fairly knowledgeable about their shoes and usually want to hook u up . Footlocker and crew try to be mom and pop and encourage employees to be casual wit employees. Finsihline is just to sterile and they basically tell u up front their job is to sell u a pair of running shoes everything else is extra .

Nike knows this and thats why they give Finishline a weak account .

I think its just that footlocker has a much bigger share of the market piece being that they always owned champs and eastbay and bought their biggest rival in footaction years back. When the economy was booming 5-7 years ago and footlocker did all those buy 1 get 1 half offs they included retros which pissed nike off. Nike cut off their supply or retro j's, forces etc. They patched things up after about a year or two. Now that the economy is going to $%#! and footlocker is closing a bunch of stores nike is trying to throw them a life raft realizing that If footlocker can't make it in this economy who will? Certianly not niketowns which would only carry nike products, stores like niketown thrive in big cities but the overhead is simply too much for small markets, if footlocker can't cut it really who can? Nike needs them for retail, at least until there is an even bigger shift to buying online. I still think nike is more of that company that wants their products everywhere and in your face, simply selling online and in niketowns won't cut it for them. Can't see them taking the LV approach. They need footlocker as they are the biggest retail chain in the country by far.

are you mad at nike?

dont like resellers?

I'm actually happy for the rereleases. Although I already have a pair of freshwater griffeys and 2 atlantic pennys I wanted a second pair of griffeys so this was good for me. I'm more happy that people who really wanted them could get pairs then I am mad that the ones I already owned declined in value. It was just an observation I made, I found it funny that nike is coming to save footlockers !*$ when they were withholding hot retro shoes from them just about five-six years back which was killing them. Nike isn't only exploiting us (shoddy materials) were just one step of the equation. They realize they would rather save footlockers !*$ by sending them restocks of hot sellers than let them dissolve as a company all together, and put niketowns across the country. They realize this is a high risk time to build and they are no less likely to succeed with extra retail stores than footlocker was. So they are sending them these restocks to help footlocker stay afloat but they are actually doing it fro themselves.

I get what your saying. But my thing is......I hate resellers. I'm not talking bout people that sell their personal stock when they no longer want the shoes....I'm referring to those that cop multiple sneakers upon release to sell online at hiked up prices & by the way.....keeping regular joes from buying the same shoe at retail or less. This practice just burns me up. And some of them act like they doing people a favor.

Hey, I got a FSR of 09' Griffeys...I'll hook you up, just AIM me

@#$%, nobody would have to contact your $%% if you would of left them pair in the stores for people who actually wants to wear them. Now you got all these resellers flooding Ebay with 09' Freshwater Griffeys cause they don't wanna be stuck with them. I hope Nike continues the re-releases on hot shoes but I wish they spread it out to ALL stores not just Footlocker/Footaction etc. Real shoe consumers won't mind the re-releases....they want to wear the shoes & would just buy a fresh pair to do just that. But resellers wouldn't know what hot shoe to try to burn people on for fear of the re-release.

Bottom line........Resellers are about as necessary as Rats in the inner city & I'll jump for joy when this buffoonary comes to an end.

Nike and JB are figuring out how to beat resellers . JB brought up the price on their retros so that resellers can't get a huge profit off of them. Nike does random restocks every other 3 months or so. Ya never know this time next year we might see coppers comeback out . When I got my yeezy's they had a dude who camped out from Austin in a BMW for the yeezy's to resell and couldn't get a buyer. Dumbie drove to Houston for no reason and waisted a lot of money.

86KB8KOBE86 - i get what your sayin, but alot of you guys are kidding yourselfs if you think these restocks are gonna continue. NIKE is doin footlocker a favor between these restocks, Footlocker needs help, the economy is @#%@, and footlockers cut back on orders from NIKE, Nike KNOWS this and and decided to do something to help them, case in point why their restocking on shoes that sold out, and case in point as to why mom and pops arent gettin these restocks.....

as for the whole resellers bid, as long as nike limits their product, theirs gonna be resellers, dont be mad at them cause dudes aint doin the foot work to cop shoes.....

86KB8KOBE86 - i get what your sayin, but alot of you guys are kidding yourselfs if you think these restocks are gonna continue. NIKE is doin footlocker a favor between these restocks, Footlocker needs help, the economy is @#%@, and footlockers cut back on orders from NIKE, Nike KNOWS this and and decided to do something to help them, case in point why their restocking on shoes that sold out, and case in point as to why mom and pops arent gettin these restocks.....

as for the whole resellers bid, as long as nike limits their product, theirs gonna be resellers, dont be mad at them cause dudes aint doin the foot work to cop shoes.....
I don't mind the resellers (to ax extent, only cuz i have a connect) but the foams going to hoh bothered me because I don't have a FTL or HOH connect,  and I'm thankful for the restocks but like you said Nike is helping FTL out and I wanted people to realize this. I was just surprised to see how smart Nike really is. They withheld hot products from the years ago to show FTL you are reliant on us, and now they are keeping them in business because they already have the retail infrstructure set and it makes sense for them to do so and keep them around.

Eggplants only being restocked at select footaction and footlockers, nike throwing more life rafts...

Originally Posted by SpoiledFeet

I hate limited $&@%. But if ...... I LIKE IT ...... I'll try to cop. Alot of thirsty HOH beasts out there goin hard. Some people like to get what they think other people will like and get attention (ego boost). Not MY M.O.
pretty much what i was thinking..

are you mad at nike?

dont like resellers?

OP makes a valid point.  All he's doing is warning us to not get caught up in the hype over "limited" sneakers cause Nike will most likely re-release them down the road. 

Meh.

Didn't like the Volts.

Don't rock AMs.

Didn't have $ for Freshwaters or Foams.

Rocked the hell outta my Penny IIs, though....

I agree, I don't like resellers. They make things hard to get shoes that I really want. So I don't mind seeing re-stock or re-release
of certain shoes, especially if it's a shoe I missed out on.

If im correct this is the first time restocks products within such a short period of times these "re-releases" are new product, not product bein found or bein pulled from other various locations...

while OP makes a valid point I dont want people thinking that this trend is gonna continue, for all we know it wont and youll have people passin on shoes now waitin for a ""re-release"" that may never come....

OP I def feel what you are saying about the Footlockers and Am87 you've raised some good points as well...

I sure as hell appreciate these restocks though... saved me some cash

To me the mom and pop stores are no better than the re-sellers.They cop something limited or hot and jack the prices up they're part of the problem if you ask me. Im located in NJ i dont know how the mom and pop stores in other area's are but in this area i find them to be no good.

Back
Top Bottom