Anthony Bourdain dead at 61. RIP

If u mean like "I've done it all" I don't think so

Seems like he REALLY loved life.

When I learned he died, suicide was the last thing I would have thought.

The past drug abuse thing...seems like he beat those demons long ago.

I don’t think you ever fully beat those demons man. I think fighting addiction is a lifelong, daily thing for a lot of individuals.

Man never held his tongue for no one and is an inspiration of mine to travel and explore different cultures. Would never thought he’d commit suicide but we never know the battles people go through. Mental health is so important man. Tough to see him go. |l

Just read it. Damn...

We seriously need to pin that mental health thread to the top. We need to talk to each other and hold each other up. There's no way that everyone here is fine and well and nothing bothers them. Let's take the masks off and get to what's really real. When it all boils down to it, there's no sneaker/album/game/toy/movie that matters when you're hurting inside and there's nowhere to go to get it out.

I don't think it's mental health all the time

Some people might want to go out on their own terms and not to cancer or something else

Isn’t that why robin williams took his life? He had MS or some other debilitating disease.

Just because he traveled and had a hit show didn’t mean he was happy. Entertainers (people in general) can have all the success but still be depressed / miserable.

I know man. I'm shocked and hurt. I loved watching his show

Just because he traveled and had a hit show didn’t mean he was happy. Entertainers (people in general) can have all the success but still be depressed / miserable.
Bingo.

Always enjoyed his shows. I would chill with talking about what he "Appeared" to look like. (Happy/Depressed; etc). We know nothing but what he does in front of a camera, so we know nothing. Enjoyed his content though, respect to his family

Bingo.

Always enjoyed his shows. I would chill with talking about what he "Appeared" to look like. (Happy/Depressed; etc). We know nothing but what he does in front of a camera, so we know nothing. Enjoyed his content though, respect to his family
Depression really has no face.

depression is a *****.

guy had a cool *** job and seemingly amazing/exciting life and not enough.

good point i read on another site. he drank a lot on his shows.

First the death of Kate Spade and now Bourdain. This goes to show that depression, anxiety, and mental health knows no sex, race, age, social class or financial status. It affects everyone and is becoming more and more prevalent. The face you show on your outside doesn't always reflect what is going on inside.

Ultimately it is up to the individual to decide the choices they make but when they think about the pain they are taking away from themselves, IMO that pain just became someones burden to bear so the cycle never ends.

Looking at Spade and Bourdain I think about the kids that they left behind. How someone is going to have to explain to them why their mother and father is no longer here and and how it happened.

quote-travel-isn-t-always-pretty-it-isn-t-always-comfortable-sometimes-it-hurts-it-even-breaks-anthony-bourdain-51-49-71.jpg

I could tell he was compensating for something esp with his travels to African countries as if he was trying to repay a figurative debt of some sort. Just couldn’t put my finger on it but didn’t expect suicide.

He’s probably seen some shh in the countries he’s visited.

His CNN show featured a lot of his advocating for different causes.

Back
Top Bottom