Any doctors here??

Originally Posted by nyczill3st

Originally Posted by VIOLET24

i came across this article a few days ago and thought it was an interesting read - http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/23/nyregion/23caribbean.html?_r=1&src=me&ref=generalNY / CARIBBEAN SCHOOLS

interesting read. Anyone here graduate from any of the Caribbean med schools?
my friend's boyfriend attends ross university .. he's starting his third year and was able to move back to NY a few months ago. if you have any particular questions you'd like answered, i'll ask her to text him and then report back.

i came across this article a few days ago and thought it was an interesting read - http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/23/nyregion/23caribbean.html?_r=1&src=me&ref=generalNY / CARIBBEAN SCHOOLS

my friend's boyfriend attends ross university .. he's starting his third year and was able to move back to NY a few months ago. if you have any particular questions you'd like answered, i'll ask her to text him and then report back.

My friend had just graduated from a Caribbean med school.  He told me that it was hell as the professors there are relentless and he felt that if he went to a med school in the US he would be better be prepared for his step tests.  I believe he had a class of 150 and only 60 graduated just to give you an idea of the toughness.  Good luck to all of you.  The road is not easy at all, which is why I am leaning more towards physical therapy or pharmacy.  I'll leave the bucko bucks to you guys.  Hats off
smokin.gif

My friend had just graduated from a Caribbean med school.  He told me that it was hell as the professors there are relentless and he felt that if he went to a med school in the US he would be better be prepared for his step tests.  I believe he had a class of 150 and only 60 graduated just to give you an idea of the toughness.  Good luck to all of you.  The road is not easy at all, which is why I am leaning more towards physical therapy or pharmacy.  I'll leave the bucko bucks to you guys.  Hats off
smokin.gif

Sweet spot for boards study time = 2 months / 2 wks, for Step 1 / Step 2 respectively. Been told this by a number of residents.. Worked out well for me for Step 1 (solely relied on First Aid, qbank, and class notes.. don't waste your time with DIT), we'll see what happens with 2. Didn't have a summer break in btwn my 2nd and 3rd yrs, had us jump right into rotations after May finals
30t6p3b.gif

Currently finishing up my 7th month of rotations and def feeling the burnout. This quote was posted in one of my hospital's OR's, thought it was perfect for the hell and !&$@ we go through as little scut monkey students on that ward life. Keep those heads high and keep pushin through brothers, we'll make it soon enough.

pimp.gif

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

- Teddy Roosevelt

Sweet spot for boards study time = 2 months / 2 wks, for Step 1 / Step 2 respectively. Been told this by a number of residents.. Worked out well for me for Step 1 (solely relied on First Aid, qbank, and class notes.. don't waste your time with DIT), we'll see what happens with 2. Didn't have a summer break in btwn my 2nd and 3rd yrs, had us jump right into rotations after May finals
30t6p3b.gif

Currently finishing up my 7th month of rotations and def feeling the burnout. This quote was posted in one of my hospital's OR's, thought it was perfect for the hell and !&$@ we go through as little scut monkey students on that ward life. Keep those heads high and keep pushin through brothers, we'll make it soon enough.

pimp.gif

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

- Teddy Roosevelt

Back
Top Bottom